No announcement yet.

Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So do you think a day will come when you'll stop working on a cb7?

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
      So do you think a day will come when you'll stop working on a cb7?
      Lol yes and no, because something always breaks, but when.I race I know I'm going to work on it to make sure it's running right. But yes in 5yrs I plan on buying a Porsche and retire from the cb game at that point.
      NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
      DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

You never retire from the CB game, it's with you for life whether you want it to be or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
          You never retire from the CB game, it's with you for life whether you want it to be or not.
          haha

Comment

True.

For now the build has slowed down some. I did get another piece of the daily suspension in. But need 2 more things, also got a ridgid flaring tool. So now I can do my brake lines.

Also still tearing down my blue cb. Since I don't have a lift yet I'll be doing the engine pulling by Jack and muscle yay
            NEW CB

new

Comment

Slow work has been done so far had to pick.up these coils just for the sleeves, ordered the swift springs have a set at home. I went 8k front and rear with a taller spring for the rear. Later on I will change the perches out for better quality ones. Again this is my daily setup til I get fortune autos or amr coilovers

NEW CB

new

Comment

I never knew fortune auto made coilovers for our cars. I had to go see for myself.

Comment

Yep they are on my to buy list for Lola. I just couldn't afford them for this summer. So hopefully this winter I can get my set. Af_1132 has them on his Accord and has written a review on them. Suspension setup is looking good Darkcloud.
                  Last edited by Rilas; 04-15-2016, 09:43 AM.
                  MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

So got one set of my swift springs. Also got my brake line tool so I can start the flaring of the lines.

My new flaring tool

And got better lines

NEW CB

new

Comment

Good luck with brake flaring tool. Make sure to clean the lines first or you have no grip.

Comment

Almost ready, still need tophats

NEW CB

new

Comment

Nice! Have fun adjusting the height... Took me over an hour of fine tuning (after letting them settle for almost two weeks). My Ground-Control sleeves are 1/8" per full rotation of the perch so I was able to dial in within a 1/16" variance all around (1/2 rotation of the perch, could have been as precise as 1/32" with 1/4 turns, but that was too much for my brain to calculate).

Edit: Just noticed the previous post had pictures showing the height markings on your sleeves... that should come in handy!
                          1993 Accord DX | Rosewood Brown Metallic

Comment

Originally posted by apalileo View Post
                            Nice! Have fun adjusting the height... Took me over an hour of fine tuning (after letting them settle for almost two weeks). My Ground-Control sleeves are 1/8" per full rotation of the perch so I was able to dial in within a 1/16" variance all around (1/2 rotation of the perch, could have been as precise as 1/32" with 1/4 turns, but that was too much for my brain to calculate).

Edit: Just noticed the previous post had pictures showing the height markings on your sleeves... that should come in handy!
                            Ah you my friend have just started following me , I'm used to.lowering. So I preset the ride height every time I get voiceovers. This would be setup number #7 for the cbs I've owned and setup 15 or 16 since I've owned a civic and crx before owning a cb. Lol. But I know it's a headache luckily I'm not planning to go lower than 3in

Set my rear camber
                            Last edited by Darkcloud; 04-24-2016, 07:32 PM.
                            NEW CB

new

Comment

Your experience truly exceeds mine! How do you preset the ride height?? I wish I could figure that out before installation!
                              1993 Accord DX | Rosewood Brown Metallic

Comment

Originally posted by apalileo View Post
                                Your experience truly exceeds mine! How do you preset the ride height?? I wish I could figure that out before installation!

Depends on the coil over which most are the same,I find out the spring length and how much they drop, at most 4in. So I set the fronts all the way down then spin them up to where I think I'll.have the perfect height and install them if they are still lower then I think I just adjust a few turn and done. Max time with install 30mins
                                NEW CB

new

Comment

Working...
                                X