crazymikey : 1991 Accord EX-R (2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

crazymikey : 1991 Accord EX-R (2)

I will be picking up the car within the next day or three. Just need to get up to Calgary to go get it and drive it back. I purchased this car for $1000 from a not very active member on here, driv3r.

This is my new daily driver, while my coupe goes under for an H22 swap and other goodies.

1991 Accord EX-R Wagon.

Claims to be rebuilt F22A6. Needs valve adjustment. 402 000km on the body.
    5 speed!
    Sunroof,PW,PDL,PM,PS,PW,Cruise,AC,Sunroof

Current mods:
    -DC strut bar and lower rear tie bar
    -Short ram
    -Clear corners
    -17" rims (need new tires)
    -Lowered. Not sure what's on it yet.
    -Aftermarket muffler
    -White face gauges and stainless gauge faceplate
    -Custom kick panel speaker pods
    -Screens in the headrests
    -3 12" MTX subs, 2 amps, capacitors, PS2, 10 disc changer and VCR (lol) all in a custom made enclosure
    -Backup camera mounted where the 3rd brake light would be

This car is seriously low. The strut towers are cut out in the front to allow room for the UCA's. This drop is not practical for my daily, so I'm going to swap my Tein springs over to the wagon and put my ITR's on it, since the 17s need rubber.

Inside, the car has been broken into and the headunit was stolen. Otherwise, the interior is damn near immaculate.

As badass as the custom stereo setup is, it needs to be removed as I need the car to be able to haul. All of it will be removed and sold/traded.

Question: Need a quarter window for the diver side rear door. Are they the same size as the sedan?

Here's some photos to tie you over until I bring it home. The paint is in terrible shape. The majority of the clearcoat is gone. Roof is totally bare. Matte blue now lol. Feels like a chalkboard.

Damn Mikey ...Never satisfied huh ?

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

So you bought a lot of ICE and got a free wagon? Cool!

1999 BMW M3
      2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
      2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
      2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Damn!! That's a good deal for what's all included, nice pick up for a DD

New heart and soul H22A4
        Bought from: King James,kouzie,xkjnboix,tommi
        Sold too: P5ylance,GearBangnAccord
        Traded with: crazymikey,nine_deuce

Comment

Damn that custom speaker setup is worth $1000 alone, nice pick up.

MRThttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=84102 93se h22/t2t4

Comment

woot for 5 speed wagon!
            Originally posted by deevergote
            These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Nice score!!

Comment

I couldn't care less about custom audio installs in cars beyond a good set of midrange speakers but even I think it's a shame that this has to come out. It's so well done! Hopefully someone with a blue interior CB9 wants it and it can swap over easily. Custom installs almost never work that way, though.

Assuming your rust is only on the outside sheetmetal and doesn't go up past the gas door then sedan panels will work. Get that bumper off to see how bad it is.
                My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Can't wait to see her taken care of and "fixed up".

BTW those subs in the picture are rockford fosgate, not mtx's.

^^^^^
                  Click picture for MRT

Sparkin CB7

Comment

Holy fuck! SIIIIIICK!

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

It is a shame I have to pull all the stereo out because it is sooo cleanly done. Show car worthy for sure. I just love how well and how cleanly everything is integrated.

I already have my friends being vultures wanting the audio equipment because I'm going to get rid of it all for cheap.

I'm going to need some blue headrests (CB or DA), since they are cut up for the screens. I have a feeling all the original hatch panels inside are all gone, so I will probably need new ones once the enclosures all come out. The plastic floor has been cut to allow it to lift up infront of the subs. BUT, I have a wagon floor in my coupe which I'll use.

The driver side rear door quarter window is broken and I need a new one.

As for the rust. On the passenger side, it's rotted bad enough the clip for the bumper has come off and the bumper is hanging off. It's rotted from the bumper all the way down to the bottom, considerably eaten away, but not through into the cabin.

This car will be winter driven, so I will have to clean it up and prep it.
                      Last edited by crazymikey; 07-22-2012, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by brsteinbach View Post
                        BTW those subs in the picture are rockford fosgate, not mtx's.
                        Whatever they are, they're just dollar signs to me.

Comment

Also forgot to mention that this car comes with a load of goodies in a box;

Rear disc brake conversion and brake master cylinder....that'll all be for the coupe.

All sorts of suspension bushings. Ball joints, corner lights, mirrors and a bunch of other stuff.

I need to get the wagon up to DD spec ASAP, so I think I'm going to steal parts from the coupe and park it and begin the build.

I'm going to take the headunit, struts & springs, wheels, headlights, corners and maybe most of the purple stuff from the engine bay and swap it all over to the wagon for DD use. Got some CB front lips I can use for the front bumper. Get it all up to spec and looking good and driving just as good.

Then the coupe can begin it's transformation.
                          Last edited by crazymikey; 07-22-2012, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Shall keep it as long as financially and practically feasible.

The coupe will no longer be a DD. Once it's built, it's going to be my toy. The wagon is my perfect daily. It's mildly modded, it's a wagon, so it's super practical, 5 speed, Honda reliability, and it's just so freakin super cool.

You cannot beat having a wagon daily and a built coupe as a toy. I'm literally shaking with excitement waiting to drive it home.

Comment

Hopefully tomorrow, and as late as Wednesday. Need to get it before the weekend, as I'll need it to go pick up the H22 on Saturday.

Depends which day my ride can take me to go get it, since it's 2 and a half hours away. Leave from work around 5-5:30pm, be up there around 7-8, pick up the car, maybe home by 11.
                              Last edited by crazymikey; 07-23-2012, 12:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X