No announcement yet.

crazymikey : 1991 Accord EX-R (2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It sounds as good as it looks. This car is without a doubt, the best sounding Honda I've owned yet. It had a short ram on it, but it has that annoying whistle ALL the time, even at idle.

I swapped that with the even shorter SRI from a Sunfire I had on the coupe, and no more whistle. Now it's silent at idle, but gives you a nice induction chirp when you get on it and has a really deep growl on the throttle. The car is slightly louder now.

I need to get a video clip, it sounds soooo good. Puts my coupe to shame.

Comment

Like the wagon better than the coupe.... just saying.

Oh and how do you like the plastic dip? does it lay good? chip off easy? how much of the can did you use?

02 Crv
      02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
      92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
      Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Plastidip is pretty much like rockerguard....but that you can peel it off.

It's cool for a temporary thing, but it's textured and not something I'd really use again.

And yes....I think I like the wagon more too lol. Tempting to just H swap the wagon and build it and use the coupe for the daily lol.

Comment

A can go along ways? i'm thinking about doing my hood roof and trunk on the celica.

And yeah that's your call, but i've always liked a wagon over a sedan and a sedan over a coupe. My last and final honda project will be a wagon i just need to find one first.

02 Crv
          02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
          92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
          Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

The stuff is expensive. $20 for the aerosol can, $25 for the can to brush it on. I used a spray can and I still have a little left. Comes in the same size as a regular spray paint can, so whatever coverage that would typically get you.

Comment

Wow man the wagon looks sick as hell! I picked up the oem cargo mat and oem roof rack with basket at the junkyard this past weekend Too bad i can't use them. I still need to clean them up. They were on a 92/93 burgandy lx wagon. Thing was covered in branches and bushes.....The roof rack was almost covered completely. Funny thing was the windshield said it still ran !

Makes me want to get a wagon even more!

When i saw your mileage i almost shit but then i realized you are in canada So it is only km but then i did the math and it is over 300k...wow.

Keep up the awesome work man. Can't wait to see what you have in store.

Comment

Hahah, yes it's high miles, but it has a newer motor in it. The engine in this car has some jam. Runs super smooth, lots of power, but it does burn a little oil.

For a big clunky wagon, it's pretty quick, but my coupe blows it away.

I'd love the roof rack and cargo mat.

Comment

whats with the holes in your upper fender?
                  My work in progress!

Comment

Originally posted by 1990exr View Post
                    whats with the holes in your upper fender?
                    x2 looks kinda scary and affect the car in making the frame weak...

Comment

looks good man,that plastidip bumper and side moldings came out great too

Comment

Originally posted by 1990[H]accordex View Post
                        x2 looks kinda scary and affect the car in making the frame weak...
                        Because it's too damn low. Strut brace adds a little of the lost rigidity.

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                          Because it's too damn low. Strut brace adds a little of the lost rigidity.
                          ahhhh.....got yaaa, still car looks great

Comment

Lol dammit dude I got inspired and looked on clist just now and found... A wagon, your color and 5 speed... Meh no money for it... Sad..

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/3174496969.html
                            Last edited by Smokinspeeds; 08-07-2012, 11:17 PM.
                            My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                              The stuff is expensive. $20 for the aerosol can, $25 for the can to brush it on. I used a spray can and I still have a little left. Comes in the same size as a regular spray paint can, so whatever coverage that would typically get you.
                              wtf? $20 a can??? i paid $3 for mine, i cant justify 20 though.but in the end, your cb still rocks

Comment

Soooo, what u going to do with all that space? You must ponder thoughts each time you look back there

Comment

Working...
                                X