cb3frompoland : 1991 Accord DX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cb3frompoland : 1991 Accord DX

After 7 years of everyday looking at cb7tuner have my 30 posts. Introduce to you my third cb - 91 dx which I bought 2 weeks ago. I parted out my previous one due to rust. I even started to restore it. But it was hopeless case. Wanted to save her so bad cause I'm cb maniac and cb is a rare car in Poland so didn't expect I find a clean one here. But problem solved itself after some time. Found accidentally an advertisement of cb few miles from home. Couldn't pass it. So here she is: great shape, one owner (shipped as brand new straight to Poland), only 101 000 miles on the odometer and was cheap. Only issue is a little rust here and there.

Completly stock for now. Only mounted cd5 lip from my previous cb3.

That's odd. At first I thought it seemed to be a car produced for the US and then legalized in Poland with the addition of a few things. It doesn't have sidemarkers like you would usually find on a European Accord, but it does have the European 2-piece headlights. It also had autobelts which was usually only a US thing. What makes me think it was never intended for the US at all is the fact that it didn't have A/C.

So, have you ever seen another European Accord with automatic seat belts? And does it have a service indicator on the bottom of the tachometer?
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

This accord is very different. Looks like it got imported from US to Poland. The trunk is USDM like. Welcome though man I like how it looks!.
      MY MRT
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178936

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
        That's odd. At first I thought it seemed to be a car produced for the US and then legalized in Poland with the addition of a few things. It doesn't have sidemarkers like you would usually find on a European Accord, but it does have the European 2-piece headlights. It also had autobelts which was usually only a US thing. What makes me think it was never intended for the US at all is the fact that it didn't have A/C.

So, have you ever seen another European Accord with automatic seat belts? And does it have a service indicator on the bottom of the tachometer?
        Head lamps are edm and were replaced by owner becouse of cops. It was private import. Guy just went to States, bought Honda and shipped it to Poland. Edm Hondas don't have autobelts. Mine has maintance required lamp at the bottom of tachometer. AC-less DXs are uncommon in US? Thought all DXs have no AC. For me its just DX, don't see anything special

Comment

Looks fantastic, I'd be very happy to have it.

Comment

Thanks a lot
            Pressure washed engine bay and mounted cd5 rims with summer tires. Will post some pics soon.

Comment

before

after, need more detailing, but looks real good

cd5 rims with new tires

dirty, not finished yet, sanded to 1200, I don't know yet if paint them gunmetal or polish

How they looked like before. Were in bad shape, Corrosion, scratches, silver can paint

And last weekend trip

Comment

Update time

2 weeks ago - parting out my cb3 then chillout

Also did some cosmetic things

Real leather shifter cover from my preovious cb and cupholder from my first cb

painted wiper arms mattblack

before

during

after

Few imperfections but I'm satisfied with the end result (just spray can)

Comment

looking real good bro keep it up

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194049

Comment

Hi, cb7tuner!!! No updates for long time but it doesn't mean that nothing has happend. Since September I'm in process of restoring body of my cb. Now it is almost ready for spraying. After body work I will finish my spare F build and going to install dsm turbo kit (already have allmost all parts needed)

Don't have pics of all stages but most part:

Never had welder in my hand before. After half an hour training on some crap decided to do patches in my door. Cut them out of spare door.

Don't have pics of welding patches unfortunately

rocker panel job:

Don't mind the rust it is just on surface, car had to stay outside for few days. I removed it to bare metal

Comment

Comment

After bondo with fiber

finnishing putty

More pictures later today. Comments and opinions are welcomed

Comment

Other side:

passenger door:

Comment

wow u do great work keep up the good work on the rustoration work
                            <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Props to you for doing all of that work to keep such a nice car on the road. Most people over here just ignore it and continue to modify the car anyway. I've really been a fan of this car since you posted it a while back. Keep up the good work.
                              My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Working...
                              X