Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TypeG View Post
    thanks tony.

mndude, i used rustoleium gloss black. it's an oil based paint. i brushed it on. later.
    Hahaha that's awesome! I thought it looked awfully shiny for just a protectant. Now I see why you said you took your suspension out.
    There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

lol, i only use protectant on tires.

i'm all about paint on trim and plastics. later.
      Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

lol, i only use protectant on tires.

i'm all about paint on trim and plastics. later.
        I see, its less maintenance for sure. I just worry about it chipping/peeling and then you're back where you started. That rustoleum should last a long time though.

Comment

i think it will be durable. it reminded me of tar in a way. i watered it down some with mineral spirts. later.

Comment

got the rear done. now it's time to start the front.

later.

Comment

looks so clean!!!
              WHITEONWHITE

Comment

I thought only the 90 EX's had rear drums still. Also, your exhaust is just a Borla muffler and not the whole system?

Comment

no sir the 91 ex has rear drums to
                  WHITEONWHITE

Comment

Omg this cars is fucking clean as hell. Mad props. Its a shame it took me this long to see this car.

the sedan
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=134302
                    the wagon
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=150426
                    the integra
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=160603

Comment

u r really the man !
                      -My Member Ride thread-
                      -JL store-

Comment

got the rear done. now it's time to start the front.

later.
                        So your painting the wheel well. Are you spraying it or painting it by hand?

Also what have you done to prepare the surfaces for paint?

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
                          I thought only the 90 EX's had rear drums still. Also, your exhaust is just a Borla muffler and not the whole system?
                          only the 91 SE had rear dics. yeah, it's just the borla muffler. i've had that for about 10 years, so it needs an update to something all SS.

Originally posted by jimmybean21 View Post
                          Omg this cars is fucking clean as hell. Mad props. Its a shame it took me this long to see this car.
                          thanks.

Originally posted by Jack_lee View Post
                          u r really the man !
                          no, i'm not, lol.

Originally posted by Hondapawa View Post
                          So your painting the wheel well. Are you spraying it or painting it by hand?

Also what have you done to prepare the surfaces for paint?
                          all brushed on gloss black oil based enamel. you can get more detailed by brushing it on in my opinion. though i doubt you'd want to brush it on something that's not textured.

some of the finishes are the factory, i just shined them up with cleaner wax.

prep work was degreaser and scrubbing with a brush. later.

Comment

You could totally keep that Borla muffler if you like it and just buy a SS piping kit from kteller.com

That would be pretty cheap too!

By the way, I may have to do this with my wheel arches when I finish up my suspension now, because it looks so good.

Comment

all brushed on gloss black oil based enamel. you can get more detailed by brushing it on in my opinion. though i doubt you'd want to brush it on something that's not textured.

some of the finishes are the factory, i just shined them up with cleaner wax.

prep work was degreaser and scrubbing with a brush. later.
                              Thanks, i thing that it is a good thing to do on our cars since they are old and it would probably help a lot preventing holes in the wheels wells caused by rust.

I might do this when summer comes here.

Thanks.

Sam.

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
                                You could totally keep that Borla muffler if you like it and just buy a SS piping kit from kteller.com

That would be pretty cheap too!

By the way, I may have to do this with my wheel arches when I finish up my suspension now, because it looks so good.
                                i thought about that, because it sounds good, but the tip is amost worn through from scraping, lol. when i bought the muffler, huge tip was in. i was thinking that i might get another borla, but a dual tip version. something more subtle and adult.

the more coats you add, the deeper and richer the gloss.

Originally posted by Hondapawa View Post
                                Thanks, i thing that it is a good thing to do on our cars since they are old and it would probably help a lot preventing holes in the wheels wells caused by rust.

I might do this when summer comes here.

Thanks.

Sam.
                                for sure. it displaces water quite nicley being an oil base. later.

Comment

Working...
                                X