mndude07 : 1992 Accord DX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
    lol nope, it was brand new when i swapped to 5 speed. I replace my rear main seal when I did the swap (thought it was a smart thing to do) and about 2 weeks after the swap, the seal started leaking, and I've been at school so I haven't been able to fix it yet...so I just add a quart of oil every 2-300 miles for now.
    Not bad, how much did you pay for the clutch? Sucks that you have to get a new clutch after how long? 6 months?
    1990 Accord EX

Comment

Originally posted by Clean_4th gen View Post
      Not bad, how much did you pay for the clutch? Sucks that you have to get a new clutch after how long? 6 months?
      Yeah, its been almost exactly 6 months. The clutch was cheap as hell, its a F1 racing stage 1 clutch, it was like 92 dollars or something lol. I want to upgrade, but since it will just be a repair, i'll have to buy something similar again. I don't have the money right now to be able to put in a 9lb flywheel and act clutch when i fix the rear main seal. I'm not making enough power for that to be needed right now anyways, and a 9lb flywheel would get annoying since I DD the car. I'm just going to fix it as quickly and cheap as possible and then resume where I left off with the suspension.
      There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I remember you talking about thiat clutch issue. That sucks. Id be pissed if i got up under and found my brand new clutch fuckin soaked in oil.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
        Originally posted by Jarrett
        Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

What Wheels are you going to use when you do the 5-LUG swap?

(I can't see page 44)

(what's on page 44???)
          www.stl-imports.com

Referral: crx08

support the import community

Comment

Page 44 is a glitch. Happened in my MRT too.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
              Page 44 is a glitch. Happened in my MRT too.
              Yea I saw that. we are on page 44 now lol. your page 51 didn't work
              www.stl-imports.com

Referral: crx08

support the import community

Comment

yeah, i dunno lol.

Comment

I'm not sure about wheels at first. I'll probably just find some 5 lug steelies since all my money will be gone after that lol. My friend might let me borrow his 08 civic si wheels too though.

Eventually though I want 3 sets of wheels:

Possibly TSX wheels with winter tires on them

Some nice aftermarket alloys either polished or black with high performance all-seasons for most of the year

16x8" spinwerks wheels with very competitive summer tires for the track and occasional hard summer driving.

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
                    Yeah, its been almost exactly 6 months. The clutch was cheap as hell, its a F1 racing stage 1 clutch, it was like 92 dollars or something lol. I want to upgrade, but since it will just be a repair, i'll have to buy something similar again. I don't have the money right now to be able to put in a 9lb flywheel and act clutch when i fix the rear main seal. I'm not making enough power for that to be needed right now anyways, and a 9lb flywheel would get annoying since I DD the car. I'm just going to fix it as quickly and cheap as possible and then resume where I left off with the suspension.
                    I hear you man. That was a cheap clutch though. I paid like $150 for mine.
                    1990 Accord EX

Comment

Originally posted by Clean_4th gen View Post
                      I hear you man. That was a cheap clutch though. I paid like $150 for mine.
                      Yeah, it was cheaper than a OEM replacement lol. It works perfectly fine though, no issues. I do want something better for sure though. This was just a "good enough" clutch for until I decide to actually get into the motor and tranny. Like I've said, suspension, and body are top priority right now.

Comment

Adam, you're basically on the lowest perch of the Cup Kit, correct?

Comment

Adam, you're basically on the lowest perch of the Cup Kit, correct?
                          Yeah, all the way around...with OEM sized wheels and tires.
                          Last edited by mndude07; 02-07-2010, 11:45 PM.

Comment

And it's stiff, not real bouncy and kinda crunchy, but it handles well...?

Comment

And it's stiff, not real bouncy and kinda crunchy, but it handles well...?
                              Right, not real bouncy, but definitely very stiff. The car handled very well with the cup kit, and then the progress rear sway really refined it alot. I don't know what you mean by crunchy lol.

Comment

I dont know what i meant either, lol.

Its low, and stiff but there's not alot of "pillowy" rebound, right?

Comment

Working...
                                X