No announcement yet.

JohnD1079 : 1992 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still get 30mpg on the highway on a BAD day with my short final, so as long as your exhaust doesnt drone, the H trans would be fine.
    To-Do List for Today
    Be Awesome

Comment

OK Update.

so i did a bunch of little things during the last couple of days.
      I added butt connectors to the 4 wires. Before i forget, or lose the peice of paper of which wire is which, Here it is.
      From the ECU:
      Vtec Pressure Switch-Orange
      Vtec Solenoid-White
      Intake Air Bypass Solenoid-White/Blue
      Knock Sensor-Orange/Blue.

Since i had a spare body harness, i was able to cut my wires from the ecu plugs long enough without having to solider in extensions

I finished both Driver n Passanger Fender wire tucks. Im thinking about cutting the zip ties and then retaping everything again just fo the hell of it and just becasue i got 10 rolls of electrical tape for $5<.

I didnt tape up the Rad fan plug wires yet, becasuse i dont think that they will be long enough, that I will figure out and see later, when i get everything in there.

I painted the Heat shield under the car with Krylon Ulta Flat Black paint. I will be doing the Exhaust Pipe also, so if the cops feel like getting down on the ground and checking what i got there, they wont be able to see anything. . I will be creating my own temporary axle-back untill i find one that i like. I am trying to find a stock muffler that i can use with a 2.5 or 2.25 inlet and then it onto some mandrel bent piping. My dad is renting out his warehouse space to a shop, and they have a welder, that i can use or I can ask him to weld shit for me for free . Right now i have to find a stock car to get a muffler from. If not ill use my moms TL muffler, but that inlet on that is as skinny as my finger.

For the spark Plug wires, i wanted to get NGK blues replcements, but instead I got the one wire that was broken for free. Cant complain with that

For the clutch line. I called everywhere and tried to get some specific info on it, and i do not remember why, but it ended up it wouldnt fit. Like the fitting is too big or something. I made like abajillion calls to many different Hondas, and many other different locations. I really wanted it since it was only like $15 more. O well i ordered a new one from honda.

I also made a grommet for that big hole in the firewall where all the fusebox/black box/Main engine harness wires came from. I made my First DIY

Yesterday, i did some more brushing on the motor. I will be taking the water pipe from the back of the motor, so i can get a good brushing in the back so the paint well stick good. .

As of right now, i am waiting for my gaskets n water pump and timing belt to come in from Majestic. (I wanst gonna be changing them until lthe spring, but LinX scarred me and said it was broken, so i got a ordered a new one, and then realized that i really didnt need it. (I guess i wont be tucking the brake proportioning vavles in the spring since there will be no need to take the engine out)).

Today or untill me next post, i will be scrubbing some more, and re-looming the engine harness. I will get my timing done(I still didnt get a chance to do it since i never really had to chance to change and get down n dirty .

After the parts come in, Ive decided that i will be staying at my dads warehouse untill the motor is in. (By the end of this week is my goal, hopefull ill reach it).

Ive also decided that i will be putting in the engine without the intake so there is no chance on banging anything up (sensors and Paint), and then put the intake manny on, and then the subframe.

I think i also need a radiator, im not sure if i have one. Do you guys just use stock, or get some aftermarket ones, because i cant find a place that sells aftermarket ones online. Also, depending on how much money i got, ill get the fan that hooks onto the other side of the rad and sucks air in.
      Last edited by JohnD1079; 11-07-2007, 01:41 PM.

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

I also bought A sub amp I was looking to buy for a while. I came in from working on the car, refeshed the page and it was 43 sec. left. I was like ohh shit gotta bid. I was happy finally find a amp that will fit my needs for a decent price.

Shot of the car as it is right now.

Edit: I just called Majestic, and they said they still didnt ship out my Things yet . I ordered on Monday morning.
        Last edited by JohnD1079; 11-07-2007, 02:14 PM.

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

Comment

WOW! CB's making AWESOME progress man

keep up da great work

ps. tuck = tH3 s3x!!!!

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
          My Ride thread
          Flickr
          Originally posted by d112crzy
          And it can only get better. That's the best part.
          All I gotta really say is:
          People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

i cruise the highway at 4k rpm or higher... doesnt bother me, i get 25mpg and it just keeps the car closer to its power band though i do often wish there was a 6th gear for me to shift into...

just do keep in mind that the tradeoff youre making for the longer gears and better mileage, youre losing the quicker, peppier acceleration through each of the shorter ones.

swapping to an H tranny is still a noticable upgrade option you have available in the future, but i can appreciate your decision to go ahead with whichever you want to try, no matter what we say

the car is coming out GREAT and is going to look so clean when its done!!!!

i would just pick up an autozone radiator... its like $100 and its brand new and will last years, and works fine with any stock/mild motor... and for the fan, this is the cheapest place i found on the net (thru h-t) : http://www.vsracing.net/catalog/prod...roducts_id=339 the 10" one fits between the radiator support and latch... but without the a/c condenser, you should have a lot more room in there than i did... the 12" is on sale too
            Last edited by cp[mike]; 11-07-2007, 07:27 PM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
            Current cars:
            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

cars looking really good. like how you are going with step by step process. i too will be doing this over the winter on my CB

Comment

Thanks for the comments. WHen i will be living in D-dot, I will have pretty much as much access as a want to a big ass JY in Southern Ontario, and this JY as a bunch of H23 ludes. So if i ever wanted it could pick one up anyday. Maybe Id have to wait for a little for a H22, but my point is, If i want one for a decent price, its available to me. So im not worried. Pulling the Motor will be easy as cake, since there is nothing really to do.

Maybe Ill hook up a Nawz bottle if im rolling in money. But dont expect that, its not even gonna be going on my Future Mods list. Remember: Clean, Efficient, Better than average (power), Dropped and stiff Suspension Accord.

This is my first car ever working on, so this is all essentially practice. The paint, and rust fix will probably not even be that good since it will be my first time doing them. This is actually my 1st and worst condition accord, so i am trying to see how "good" i am at this kind of things. Everything im doing is really simple and easy. Everything I did that i somewhat stressed about, i look back now, and im like for even stressing about it.

Metaphor-Not even Micheal Jordan was good when he first picked up a basketball.

Edit:I Just saw your edited part. Ya i saw those slim fans browsing H-T, those are the ones ill probably end up getting if i do get it.
                The JY i was talking about ^^^ is th guy I asked if hes got a mr2. He said he dosent have one, and hasent got one in a while. so no luck there.
                Last edited by JohnD1079; 11-07-2007, 07:47 PM.

Comment

great work man keep it up loving the way ur engine bay is looking.
                  My Members Ride Thread

Comment

It just keeps getting better and better John , i was going to send you this link since i saw you where looking for a ss clutch line, i got my brakelines through them and i haven't had any issues what so ever, they do offer packages aswell.
                    Techna-fit

My Cb bad, Cb bright and the cops can kiss my Cb lights - I’m gone!
                    Frost White Member 13
                    My Ride
                    "Girls are like a new car... lease w/ option to buy"

Comment

maaan yet another person who makes me wich I had a second car so I could dive head first into a full-out project. Lookin great man keep on keeping on!
                      My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

if you ever end up needing it, i still have a Techna-fit SS clutch line from a 92-01 prelude... brand new... never used it for obvious reasons

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                        Current cars:
                        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Pic of my progress of my engine harness tuck. Note the time, pic was literally taken 5 min ago. I stopped for a food break.
                          What i found is that the altornator->fusebox is a sraight power cable, dosent connect to anything else. Another this is VSS->Smallest Main engine Plus on Drivers side directly. So these two will be taped up last, bc they dont interfere with anything.

After ordering on Monday, my parts from Majestic finally came in earlier today. No pictures.(All it is was Timing Belt, Water Pump, Clutch Hose, Intake Manny Gasket, and Exhaust Manny Gasjet for h22 and one for f22 = >$200 )

cp-I think the only way we could use that is if we get the hard line from a 90-91 accord since they are bigger than the 92-93. The lady I called for the SS line in Canada said the fitting was a 9 mm. so I can work from there.

If i ever do the whole SS Lines thing, Then im gonna have to do the Fuel line, and everything else i can think of. But i dont want to because that is a whole nother thing, and i gonna finish everything First.

Now that i think About it, Im glad i didnt get a SS Clutch hose. This is going to be a DD, so stiffness in the Clutch isnt going to be much appreciated(especially in Rush Hour). Brake Lines is another thing though.....

Edit: OMG Love/Hate Wawa. My hoagie was soo good , but now i dont wanna go back to work
                          Last edited by JohnD1079; 11-10-2007, 05:08 AM.

Comment

Well, i got all the timing in place, I think, so i went on and preped the engine for paint, and then painted it . Damn thing looks like a mirror.

Before

After

I sprayed like 5 coats on it. Maybe even more than that. I hope its good enough

Comment

This is going to be quite the car when youre all done. Cant wait to see it.
                              To-Do List for Today
                              Be Awesome

Comment

I Installed the Wiper Washer Motor thing. It was a bitch getting it in place. I left the Big A/C plug, just in case i actually wanna install a/c(doubt it). I wraped the plug like 5-6 times.

Comment

Working...
                                X