Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*Official Photography Thread* (56k warning)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beautiful man

*Click on photo for my MR thread

Comment

thanks

Comment

heres one i took with the sigma 10-20.

and this one with the 50 f1.8

Comment

PS'd

and an old one.

Comment

Originally posted by cb7'kid View Post
            heres one i took with the sigma 10-20.
            Ya know .. and people (some anyway) criticize the *aftermarket* lenses and only believe
            that Canon or Nikon, or .. *OEM* lenses are the only way to go.

Here's proof that Sigma rocks in the world of lenses ..
            I LOVE my 15-30 .. faaassst .. and just as beautiful as the 10-20 ...
            Maybe not as "popular" .. but still .. quite an amaaazing lens .. !!

Tomi

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Definitely can't argue with the price/performance of the Sigma 10-20mm
              Last edited by Tnwagn; 02-05-2010, 07:50 PM.

Originally posted by Maple50175
              Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

I dont think people argue the performance of third party lenses, but the quality control that those brands have. Focusing issues mainly deter photogs from buying them.

1999 Honda Prelude
                Photography Site

Comment

i mean if you have the money to spend on canon lens i wouldnt agree more that canon is the way to go. but as for me, a working student that gets minimum salary, the third party lenses are good enough for me. plus im just waiting til i get a 5dmkii, then thats when the party starts.

Comment

Originally posted by Tnwagn View Post
                    Definitely can't argue with the price/performance of the Sigman 10-20mm
                    yup i bought it used locally for dirt cheap. and the lens as far as i can tell doesnt have any focusing issues "yet" hopefully it stays that way and its not tack sharp like a 135L lens but it would do me good for now.

Comment

Meh..... meh. Cheap lenses suck. (All I have)
                      Click for my ride thread.

Comment

I absolutely love my cheap lenses! The Tamron 17-50 f2.8 is one of the best for the price and my cheap craigslist special Tokina 12-24 f4 is built like a tank with a fast focus. It's definitely not my lenses or camera that show my shortcomings but more my skills lol I guess its kind of unavoidable to get caught up with all the gear involved with this but thats the last thing I try to have on my mind when shooting. Like many other guys stated on here times and times before, its who is behind the camera that matters the most. Just think how did the guys years and years ago produce those stunning images before we had L lenses or VR and 20MP cameras?
                        The CB9 has been reborn into a CB3
                        Members Ride - see my cb3 here - DOHC powah
                        Check out my JDM F22B swap
                        Watch my CB7 video

Comment

im getting a tamron 17-50 2.8 in a few weeks or so if i get my 55-250 and 18-55 sold. looks like a best for the buck. i didnt even considered the canon 17-55 IS cause of the price. its 400+ more than the tamron but definitely doesnt outperform it. just my 2cnts.

Comment

Are you getting the new VC (image stabilization) version or the original non-VC? Either way it's a great lens and optically one of the best from the aftermarket ones.
                            The CB9 has been reborn into a CB3
                            Members Ride - see my cb3 here - DOHC powah
                            Check out my JDM F22B swap
                            Watch my CB7 video

Comment

Originally posted by cb7wagonPL View Post
                              Are you getting the new VC (image stabilization) version or the original non-VC? Either way it's a great lens and optically one of the best from the aftermarket ones.
                              non-VC because i need to saved up for a 70-200f4L as well

Comment

The New-ish Ride
                                My old Ride
                                Hear my Vtak!!!
                                MK3 Member #3
                                I piss off people for fun.
                                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                                X