Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*Official Photography Thread* (56k warning)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So tight lummie

You Cali guys have all the fun!

Originally posted by Maple50175
    Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Originally posted by lummieCB7 View Post
      In my opinion the lighting is uneven, that shadow is distracting, the scene is distracting and the composition is pretty basic. It's a nice shot, but there is room for improvement.

Sorry to be the only downer.

Love the car!
      Click for my ride thread.

Comment

Originally posted by ilovemycb7 View Post
        In my opinion the lighting is uneven, that shadow is distracting, the scene is distracting and the composition is pretty basic. It's a nice shot, but there is room for improvement.

Sorry to be the only downer.

Love the car!
        Thanks for the crit. This was my first time using strobes so I'm still getting used to it.
        ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::For Sale Thread::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

:::::::::::::::::: S2K::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::: CB7:::::::::::::::: Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by lummieCB7 View Post
          Thanks for the crit. This was my first time using strobes so I'm still getting used to it.
          You were using speedlights, I assume? How were they positioned? I think Chris (jspec) is one of the few people I've seen shoot cars with speedlights (as opposed to studio lights) and have great results. I'd check out his setups...

The way I see it that rear quarter needs more light on it. Also... the way the car is pointed (at nothing) out of the frame like that messes with me.

Definitely lots of potential though... I wish I had some strobes to practice with.
          Click for my ride thread.

Comment

Originally posted by ilovemycb7 View Post
            You were using speedlights, I assume? How were they positioned? I think Chris (jspec) is one of the few people I've seen shoot cars with speedlights (as opposed to studio lights) and have great results. I'd check out his setups...

The way I see it that rear quarter needs more light on it. Also... the way the car is pointed (at nothing) out of the frame like that messes with me.

Definitely lots of potential though... I wish I had some strobes to practice with.
            Yeah I totally agree with your comments about the rear quarter being too dark. I think I angled the flash too much towards the front to get light up there. I'll take a look at how Chris sets up his shots and learn from that. This one is a little more evenly lit. This is the actual color of the car.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::For Sale Thread::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

:::::::::::::::::: S2K::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::: CB7:::::::::::::::: Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post

whats the set up you used for that? how much do those tall flashes run?

Comment

as far as i know flash setups arent easy to use with p&s camera setups.... however my setup consists of 580ex flashes which run about 429 a flash... then u gotta buy a trigger setup and light stands.....

"Tucking tires and wires."
                The Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by J-specCb4 View Post
                  as far as i know flash setups arent easy to use with p&s camera setups.... however my setup consists of 580ex flashes which run about 429 a flash... then u gotta buy a trigger setup and light stands.....
                  what are they called tho? and i dont think i have a P&S camera(if point and shoot is what you call it). what would be considered a P&S cam? dont tell me i have to go and get a $600 Rebel or D40 in order to use something like those

Comment

canon 580ex....

theres cheaper setups to use but if u dont wanna spend 600 on a camera body i doubt ull wanna spend 500+ on a basic flash setup.

The Chronicles.

Comment

canon 580ex....

theres cheaper setups to use but if u dont wanna spend 600 on a camera body i doubt ull wanna spend 500+ on a basic flash setup.
                      lmao. very true. i guess those are only for the professionals like you good sir. lol.

i got a question tho. do you have any rolling shots you've taken? what kind of settings do you use?

Comment

nah man i wasnt saying that at all... maybe take it slow with photography, its an art... and as u progress its no big deal to drop some coin on it....

and yeah i have some rolling shots. let me look and see what i got laying around....

i got some panning shots like this....

car-to-car rolling shots....

and rig shots....

none of the above are my strong point.... but usually when i do panning shots i play around anywhere from 1/60th of a second to 1/400th depending on how fast the car is going....

car-to-car generally a little slower in the 1/50th to 1/125th

and for rig shots its all over the place...
                        Last edited by J-specCb4; 01-12-2010, 08:58 PM.

The Chronicles.

Comment

nah man i wasnt saying that at all... maybe take it slow with photography, its an art... and as u progress its no big deal to drop some coin on it....

and yeah i have some rolling shots. let me look and see what i got laying around....
                          yeah. i dont want to jump right into it. lol. would rather see whats needed and how to move up. dont wanna buy $2k worth of equipment and dont even know how to use it. lol. i still need to learn how the use the camera i have now. lol.

and thanks man. post up the settings you use for them too

Comment

look above i posted a few with some settings...

The Chronicles.

Comment

those pics look good man now when your talking about 1/50th and 1/125. is that the ISO or the shutter speed?

Comment

This one is ummmmmm...... It almost looks like the picture is moving lol.

What's a good all around camera to start out with? I have a few friend who use Nikon and have nothing but good things to say about them. Canon seems to come up alot also. Minolta was also recommended but I honestly have no clue. I'm a beginner but would like to get one that's fairly nice.

Comment

Working...
                                X