View Single Post
Old 04-19-2018, 01:39 PM   #3904
Ralphie
Stalker

Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed.
Well I fucking splurged lol.

Bought a 85mm f1.2L the other day.

It came yesterday, and it is fucking massive.

Did some quick shots outside when my kids were playing. 1.2 is such a small window of DOF, but even stopped down to 4.0, the subject isolation is amazing. Great bokeh.

Everything they say is true hahaha

I noticed that AF is slightly slower than my 24-70, but that is namely because its such a large piece of glass. I don't think itll be a problem for me. I shoot outdoors mostly, and the few times during events where I might need 1.2 to get an artistic shot, or go without shooting full power on my speedlights, Its not usually a fast moving object anyway, so the slower AF should not be a big deal for me.

I felt I am at a point where I shoot enough portraits where I needed some extra oomph. The dreamy "3d" look is very nice, and I can tell that its easy to get a lot of images with this lens that need very limited editing. Colors are amazing and probably would just need a little CA treatment and highlight recovery and done.

Ill post some examples up once I really shoot with her.