No announcement yet.

XCRN : 1990 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I have been doing thinking of the swap I want to do. The swap is going to be VTEC and DOHC so that leaves 4 options that I have been debating on.

H22A/1
    Pros: More support, OBD1, more reliable at higher revs, easier to find.
    Cons: More expensive.

H23A
    Pros: Cheaper, slightly more torque, similar support as H22A.
    Cons: No oil squirters, OBD2

H22A4
    Pros: Same as H22A but faster.
    Cons: Same as H22A but OBD2.

F20B
    Pros: Really cheap, more forged piston options with stock sleeves.
    Cons: Lack of basic maintenance parts, OBD2.

I am leaning between the H22 and H23. I am just looking to have a car that will last so much longer and I can take it on long road trips with no worries, so a sub 100k mile engine and the ability to go 0-60 in the 6 second range. Keeping the M2S4 unless the transmission that accommodates the engines are free or ridiculously cheap. I do not really plan on building up beyond basic bolt-ons and maybe camshafts. I will not happen anytime soon but it will after I move.

Still no new updates regarding suspension yet, but it is almost ready have all 4 on the ground. Rear disc may also happen sooner since I my friend just got a jack that can lift the car high enough for me to get the e-brake cable.
    Last edited by XCRN; 03-12-2014, 05:15 PM.
    Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

Started ony next project. Here is what my engine bay looked like earlier this evening.

And here is where I left off tonight. My issue now is figuring out how to fit the plugs through thoes drain holes.

Any suggestions on fitting thoes plugs through the holw without de-pinning or cutting?

Comment

Remove the wiper motor then run the plugs through and re install the wiper motor. Thats how i did it i think i might of pryed that drain hole a bit bigger with a crow bar aswell...lol
        My 90 coupe Mr thread....
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178452

Comment

Got the motor out but good to know thanks!

Also what is this black box, is it important to have in there?

It is behind the passenger head light.
          Last edited by XCRN; 03-14-2014, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Picked up $100 worth of parts from a 3.0 CL. I got the rear cross member with all 4 control arms (for my CD5 rear disk conversion), rear knuckles and trailing arms, e-brake cable, and a prop valve and master cylinder with brake booster.

Is the MC, brake booster, and prop valve from the 3.0 CL an upgrade for rear disc brakes and Legend calipers?

And any idea if the CL e-brake cable will work if I adjust it more than usual?
            Last edited by XCRN; 03-25-2014, 02:41 PM.

Comment

I actually have the entire CL rear end, crossbeam arms brakes and all. You its in my MR thread as well as a thread for it I posted. I used the cl cables too, a bit longer but doesn't affect it.

If you upgrade the brakes in the front to bigger brakes you don't want to change the prop valve with rear brake upgrade. The prop valve won't give magic braking power, it changes which wheels get what portion of braking, if they are upgraded in the same amount don't change it. I left mine and with bigger brakes front and back it brakes evenly. Even before i upgraded the front I didn't change my prop valve going from drums to the larger cl brakes.
              My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Really, I figured with more fluid needed to push the larger overall diameter pistons, the larger pump would be needed to make it perfect. I don't know so I will take your word for it.

Either way the ROH knuckles arrived yesterday and tonight I am going to clean it up and epoxy paint them as well. It will be a late night but I have a plane to catch at 3:30 AM tomorrow so might as well sleep on the plane.

Also need to get new lug studs since I foolishly tried to bang the lug studs out without a lug nut buffer to get access to dust shield screws, and one was just rusted on there so I really banged the shit out of it and really fucked it up, and I still was not able to get it off.

Comment

Originally posted by XCRN View Post
                  Really, I figured with more fluid needed to push the larger overall diameter pistons, the larger pump would be needed to make it perfect. I don't know so I will take your word for it.

Either way the ROH knuckles arrived yesterday and tonight I am going to clean it up and epoxy paint them as well. It will be a late night but I have a plane to catch at 3:30 AM tomorrow so might as well sleep on the plane.

Also need to get new lug studs since I foolishly tried to bang the lug studs out without a lug nut buffer to get access to dust shield screws, and one was just rusted on there so I really banged the shit out of it and really fucked it up, and I still was not able to get it off.
                  Stock length studs are less than $2 per at auto parts stores. I honestly would say if you don't like how the breaking feels change it, but not ahead of time. Even with small brakes up front and STOCK soft springs the rear cl brake upgrade absolutely killed all the brake dive. So I would say don't worry unless it just feels off.
                  My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Ok I will just leave it if it works out fine. I will not be doing anything to the brakes, front or rear until I have it all. Only want to bleed it once and be done. So I just need the front calipers and rotors and stainless steel lines. Until then I will either ride with the 2.3 CL rotors I have or just leave it on stands a bit longer. Still relying on the bus as transportation so I can wait.

I guess I have a spare master cylinder if mine craps out on me, and a spare pair of rear knuckles, and calipers, and trailing arms. Shit, I got to drive 2200 miles with all of this!

Comment

New Home!

So I am in Ohio getting shit done for residency for school so when I get here in August I am eligeable for in state tuition. Anyways here is my new home at my Aunt and Uncle's house.

And the best part, my car's new home.

Hard to tell but the empty space in the back can hold 2 CBs with out having to clean tge area but I am a neat freak so I might make it my sanctuary. Lots of nieces and nephews (technicly second cousins) so lots of kids stuff.

And comes with goodies. A big ass air conpressor, some basic hand tools, and this.

Really looking forward to coming back to the Mid West. See you Ohians in August!
                      Last edited by XCRN; 03-31-2014, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Champiro UHP1 Tires 205/45R17

How well are they performing?

Comment

Well I got home on Saturday, and school and work continued damn-it. Anyways I got the ROH knuckles painted, holy shit it really stands out! Also new Dorman lug studs since I had to remove them to get the dust shield off.

And got them mounted to the car, almost got all 4 wheels on the ground. Going to wait until tge fender is back on before the wheels go back on.

It all looks so clean and new except thoes damn ugly brake lines. Sadly I have to put off unnecessary purchases for awhile. I think I am going to make one last junk yard run for a CD lip and steering wheel and that will be the end of the frivilous stuff. I will be ordering lots of maintenance parts like spark plugs, fuel filter, O2 sensor, and fluids to prepare for tge move.
                          Last edited by XCRN; 04-11-2014, 12:34 AM.

Comment

Looking good my man, I wish I had some space to give mine some love.

Keep up the good work!
                            MRT http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=202004
                            1992 Accord EX(Canadian)Seattle Silver sedan

Comment

Originally posted by 8ball View Post
                              Champiro UHP1 Tires 205/45R17

How well are they performing?
                              They do quite well actually despite the price. They handle rain quite well and this is Seattle so the roads are wet 80% of the year and when the roads are dry they handle quite well.

Do not attempt to drive with them in the snow. The one day we had snow this year, there was snow that was not plowed yet in front of my house and it was only a 50 foot stretch. I got out of my drive way and that is as far as I got when trying to get to work.

Thanks Jking. I am still in my parents garage but I make it work. It is a slow project but it keeps me sane.

Comment

Well more suspension got refreshed, though these may be on hold for some other time. It all depends on how life goes for the next upcoming months. I have yo hold my money on these frivilous and not needed projects, and this one requires more parts. In order for me to do the rear disc conversion I will need rotors, pads, lines, and likely the toe adjusting bolt. Anyways here are some pictures of my progress.

The crossmember and sway bar are from a 3.0 CL. I am getting rid of the CL arms and will just replace them with the Accord arms.

I forgot to bring the trailing arms to the car wash so I will get thoes on another day. Though any money that will go to the remaining items is from the stuff I sell and I have someone coming Wed wanting $100 worth of stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X