Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Doors do not activate interior lights or chime.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doors do not activate interior lights or chime.

Hello CB7 tuners. I just inherited my mom's 1993 Accord LX w/94 k miles. It had been sitting in a garage with little use for several years. It's powered up now, but when I open the doors on the driver's side, the interior lights do not function, the chime does not sound (to warn about keys in the ignition or headlights on), and the "open door" indicators on the dash to not operate. When I open the doors on the passenger side, the lights on that side doors light and the "open door" indicators on the dash function, but the dome light and lights on the driver's side do not light.

Any suggestions? Thank you.

First it sounds like the door switch has gone faulty on the driver side door. Second (and this is not to insult any) have you checked the dome light to make sure that it is switched to turn on when doors are open? It has three settings off/ door/ on. The driver door courtesy light not working could just be a bad bulb.

If at first you don't suceed, then skydiving is not for you.

I try not to down talk anyone, when I read my old questions I realize I was an idiot too.

Comment

Thanks so much for the reply. I should have clarified that I have tried to turn on the dome light in every switch position and have inspected the lamp inside. The filament appears to be intact. Still, no light.

Where might I find the door sensors?

Comment

You could just go to your local junk yard and pull one. My local junk yard has multiple accords varying in years just about every time I go.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerryz View Post
          Thanks so much for the reply. I should have clarified that I have tried to turn on the dome light in every switch position and have inspected the lamp inside. The filament appears to be intact. Still, no light.

Where might I find the door sensors?
          The door sensors are a black switch mounted on the door jamb (on the body) near the door latch.
          90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
          08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

You could also try cleaning any rust or corrosion from them.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

You can buy a new dome light bulb at just about any parts house, no need to go to a junkyard for that. You should test that bulb for continuity, just because it looks good doesn't mean it is. I think the one I replaced in my car looked good too but it was reading infinite ohms on my multimeter. A new one fixed it.

Comment

Working...
              X