Ralphie : 2002 Honda Accord SE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JTM View Post
    Thanks for the info man, I might put them on my 6th gen!
    Dude do it!!

No reason not to, its cheap, takes 10 mins to install, and ive only gotten compliments yet, not one complaint.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
      Dude do it!!

No reason not to, its cheap, takes 10 mins to install, and ive only gotten compliments yet, not one complaint.
      That's awesome. I have to buy a 3M headlight restoration kit and do up the headlights before I make the jump to HIDs. I hate to sound like a noob and all, but what options would I select at DDM tuning. I know there are high/low combos, H1 bulbs, etc.

What is the best combination and what does it mean generally?

I appreciate your help man!

Comment

That's awesome. I have to buy a 3M headlight restoration kit and do up the headlights before I make the jump to HIDs. I hate to sound like a noob and all, but what options would I select at DDM tuning. I know there are high/low combos, H1 bulbs, etc.

What is the best combination and what does it mean generally?

I appreciate your help man!

Ok so first box is wattage- go with 35w. obv 55w will push more juice to the lights but it will also wash out the color and probably fry your OEM wiring.

Next box is bulb type, ours is 9006 for lows. Don't bother with highs.*

Bulb color- this is where opinions vary. 4k is natural sunlight. 3k is yellow...bright yellow...so those are good for fogs or an accent, but not for usable light. 5k is what mine are, so you see they're super white with some blue. 6k is really blue, and a lot of the guys run this color. Above 6k is a waste of money....no good visible light.

Next is HID harness- they say to run these if you want to make sure your OEM wiring doesn't burn up, but i haven't heard of a lot of issues arising without these, and im sure if it was necessary, every forum would say GET THE HARNESS. DDM even says that most US and EU applications do not need the harness. It is your call, i chose to save myself the $ and did without, so far so good.

Error Eliminator- Our cars do not need this, only cars that would throw an error for fucking with the headlights, probably BMW and AUDI etc.

Adaptor cables- this is for a conversion...again we do not need them.

I priced out a set of the slims to Arbington Ct, and it came to $57.

If you email them, they might be re adding the fatties which are only $30....thats what i have. The fatties aren't as slim as the slims(obv) but they are cheaper and will take more of a beating i believe.

*= as far as high beams, if you want to have HID highs then i suggest doing a morimoto retro and then making use of the bi-xenon lights.

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/ind...62b906420853e4

that website has ALL the stuff to do a proper retro.

Let me know if you have any other questions!!!

Comment

Awesome, I really appreciate it. If I was willing to spend the extra 12 dollars and get the harness would it be a good idea?

I'll probably order some in a week!

Comment

Awesome, I really appreciate it. If I was willing to spend the extra 12 dollars and get the harness would it be a good idea?

I'll probably order some in a week!
            Ya sure, i mean if you spend the extra $12, then you will be more then good.

Itll be extra comfort in know that your oem wires won't give out.

Comment

Happy birthday to my CG!!!

She hit 90k yesterday.

So far no transmission problems to report.

Check back at 100k.

Comment

Gahhhhh... I really like the 6Gs but I'm ascared about the transmissions. The only 5-speeds I've seen have nearly 200k miles. F that.

1999 BMW M3
                2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
                  Gahhhhh... I really like the 6Gs but I'm ascared about the transmissions. The only 5-speeds I've seen have nearly 200k miles. F that.
                  Yea don't mess with anything that high.

Damn idk, you probably want a 5Spd anyway.

No automatics by you?

Comment

I would tolerate the automatic if I didn't worry about it slipping in the near future. lol

1999 BMW M3
                    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
                      I would tolerate the automatic if I didn't worry about it slipping in the near future. lol
                      Hmm true.

Well i remember hearing that if you checked out a 6th gen, make sure you find out if they had the transmission replaced...a lot of them have had them replaced.

I really hope mine doesn't give me any trouble, afaik, its the original transmission.

Comment

Snapped some pics when we were upstate.

Im still kicking myself for not getting some kickass scenic shots.

Oh well.

Comment

Snapped some pics when we were upstate.

Im still kicking myself for not getting some kickass scenic shots.

Oh well.
                          The cars looking good Ralphie! It's funny that your car has the same yellow tint on the right light, mine does too. The left light was replaced on mine I believe. Just a random thing I noticed haha.

Comment

The cars looking good Ralphie! It's funny that your car has the same yellow tint on the right light, mine does too. The left light was replaced on mine I believe. Just a random thing I noticed haha.
                            Omg it pisses me off so much.

When it warms up im going to "attempt" to clean it up.....

but i want to just go on ebay and buy a brand new one for like $65 lol.

Comment

Omg it pisses me off so much.

When it warms up im going to "attempt" to clean it up.....

but i want to just go on ebay and buy a brand new one for like $65 lol.
                              Haha, I've been contemplating the same thing. I'm gonna buy a 3M kit once it warms up I think!

Comment

Washed her today since she was nasty from my weekend trip......and yes i took pictures!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X