No announcement yet.

Ralphie : 2002 Honda Accord SE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What was the hardest part, taking it out or putting the new one in?

I dont play much with my dimmer switch so i dont know, lol.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeW View Post
      What was the hardest part, taking it out or putting the new one in?

I dont play much with my dimmer switch so i dont know, lol.
      The hardest part for me was getting the bulb out because i didn't know how to go about it.

I had to remove some of the assem around the shifter because my mits are big.

The bulb case has like two flat sides that you can grip and turn counter clockwise to get it out but until you get a good grip on that fucking bulb it ain't coming out.

Comment

I may be coming into $100....so

im thinking 5k HIDS and swapping in my Autostart Viper

Or blow it all on my PS3?!?!?

Decisions

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
          I just had a thought?

Does the dimmer switch control the shifter light?

Like when you dim your cluster.....i feel like it does but im not 100%.

I cant wait to get in that ass and play ROFL
          in the cb7 it does

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
            in the cb7 it does
            Yea i believe it does in the CG as well.

Comment

I dont think I have a dimmer switch. I think. Ive never looked for it, lol.

Ralphie, definitely HIDs. I think prices have changed a bit but 35W 5000k Apexcones and a harness, from DDM, sould run you around $65+/-.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

I dont think I have a dimmer switch. I think. Ive never looked for it, lol.

Ralphie, definitely HIDs. I think prices have changed a bit but 35W 5000k Apexcones and a harness, from DDM, sould run you around $65+/-.
                Yea the dimmer switch is the little stick sticking out from the cluster....i believe it turns allowing dimming of the lights....there has to be a dimmer, every normal car has one lol.

And as far as HIDS, i had some questions.....

You got the harness?

Was it easy to install?

Ive installed HIDS before so i know that part is ridiculously easy but i never fucked with a harness setup.....do we even need the harness?

I installed a kit on a 09 Altima without a harness and he has had no problems whatsoever.

Id like to save as much as i can, because the rest of the money i need to put towards bills.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                  You got the harness?
                  Yes.

Was it easy to install?
                  Id say so, yes. For not ever having installed HIDs or such harness, Id say it was pretty easy and straight-forward. Routing it was probably the hardest thing but I think if you're smart about it, you can find a way. I just ran mine down along the beam under the radiator. A few zip-ties and I was done. The ballasts were a different story. Everyone on 6GA said they attached theirs to the beams behind the bumper, but they arent easy access there. My v6 bay is cluttered as all hell, so you might have more room.

Ive installed HIDS before so i know that part is ridiculously easy but i never fucked with a harness setup.....do we even need the harness?
                  I don't know. I know they use less than a standard halogen bulb but im a "better safe than sorry" kind of person. It's not absolutely necessary but Id imagine you should be fine without it. Maybe later on down the road, you could get it.

Comment

Ok HID's ordered.

No harness, i found people rocking the raptors for 2 years with no issues.....im a risk taker lol.

I just hope it's the best 43.81 i ever spend lol.

Comment

Ok hids shipped.

So far so good.

Comment

The best $43 you've EVER spent? Eh...i dunno about that, but assuming they keep their shit together, you should be pleased. Just remember the issues i had. Customer service is dicks, but they do work. And if they start off different colors, give them time.

Comment

BTW....the little needle to reset your odo.....if you spin it....it dims the dash and shifter console!!!

Loves it.

Comment

I did not know that. Genius! Lol. Im totally jealous of your LEDs. I need to force myself to make time to do all the work I need to. Interior LEDs, cabin filters...Im slacking, lol.

Comment

I did not know that. Genius! Lol. Im totally jealous of your LEDs. I need to force myself to make time to do all the work I need to. Interior LEDs, cabin filters...Im slacking, lol.
                              Ya son ya gotta get on dat!

When i install the HIDS, im going to clean the engine bay before hand so it is nice and fresh!

Comment

I did not know that.
                                Oh Mikey Mike. You made me chuckle.

Ralphie, harnesses aren't always necessary... but you'll be better off having one. It makes your HID bulbs/ballasts last longer and also prevent any harm to your stock wiring.

Easy way to tell if you'll need the harness is if you burn out the HIDs within a month or two. That tells you that you need a harness, as well as a new HID kit.

1999 BMW M3
                                2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                                2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                                2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Working...
                                X