Best place to install 2 52mm gauges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best place to install 2 52mm gauges

I have a 1992 honda accord ex coupe and i am installing 2 52mm gauges. One for oil pressure and other for water temp. They are not mechanical gauges so i don't have to run a flex line to the gauges. They are both prosport premium evo 52mm series. What is the best place in yalls opinion. I have considered the radio slot but just a tad to small unless i can get a mounting bracket that fits like a glove below or above my stereo. I can put one gauge(water temp gauge)
    on top of the instrument cluster beside the stock water temp gauge but 2 wont fit inside of there as it will block me from seeing other stuff in there. I have also considered putting both on drivers door a-pillar. Wiring would be harder to do the a-pillar and i don't want people to see that there is any customization done as it attracts car thieves(car has already been stolen once). The third spot i have considered is to the right of the steering wheel right below the light dimmer. I don't think it will bother my right knee at all and wiring would be easy also. What do yall think? Some of yall am sure got ur own gauge layout or know of some part that may be helpful. Would like to hear yalls opinion.
    P.s. these gauges got peak low and high audible warnings so it doesn't have to be in constant looking view like the gauges in my instrument cluster though i don't want to put them out of sight like in the glovebox or anything.
    Last edited by zedjr10; 03-02-2017, 07:18 PM.

Originally posted by zedjr10 View Post
    I have a 1992 honda accord ex coupe and i am installing 2 52mm gauges. One for oil pressure and other for water temp. They are not mechanical gauges so i don't have to run a flex line to the gauges. They are both prosport premium evo 52mm series. What is the best place in yalls opinion. I have considered the radio slot but just a tad to small unless i can get a mounting bracket that fits like a glove below or above my stereo. I can put one gauge(water temp gauge)
    on top of the instrument cluster beside the stock water temp gauge but 2 wont fit inside of there as it will block me from seeing other stuff in there. I have also considered putting both on drivers door a-pillar. Wiring would be harder to do the a-pillar and i don't want people to see that there is any customization done as it attracts car thieves(car has already been stolen once). The third spot i have considered is to the right of the steering wheel right below the light dimmer. I don't think it will bother my right knee at all and wiring would be easy also. What do yall think? Some of yall am sure got ur own gauge layout or know of some part that may be helpful. Would like to hear yalls opinion.
    P.s. these gauges got peak low and high audible warnings so it doesn't have to be in constant looking view like the gauges in my instrument cluster though i don't want to put them out of sight like in the glovebox or anything.
    If you are like me and dont care for air conditioning you can take out the temp controls and put them there, would still be in sight and hidden at the same time.
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

Originally posted by Crankshaft View Post
      If you are like me and dont care for air conditioning you can take out the temp controls and put them there, would still be in sight and hidden at the same time.
      Nah i have to have ac. I just checked and I can't put it next to steering wheel below the dimmer switch on drivers side as it interferes with my knees(i am 6ft). Am thinking about on the passengers side where the left knee would be, right below the glove box. My second option and probably the best option would be to put it in the radio din slot right below the actual radio. Anyone know any good attractable ones? Is my year accord considered a dual radio din slot or single radio din slot. I am assuming it is a single din.
      Last edited by zedjr10; 03-02-2017, 09:21 PM.

Comment

That's a cool install but i don't have the time for that or ambition. Going to look for a radio din mount.

Comment

Am totally looking for a single din gauge panel for 2 or 3 gauges to fit in above my radio. I have found a few but all i must order online. Any recommendations anyone has?

Comment

Why do you need the guages? If you don't want to.order online or.make something, you're kind of screwed.

I built a pod for a voltmeter on top of my steering column surround with a tube and fiberglass, but that's almost as involved as the cluster bezel mod.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
            Originally posted by Stephen Fry
            'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
            Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

I am installing water temp gauge and oil pressure gauge in my spare radio din slot. I might add a voltmeter or oil temp gauge later. I am going to order online but i don't want to order something then its crap or doesn't work right. Found 4 so far. Glowshift , cubbypods, b2 universal(i think it is exact same as glowshift) and dinpanel(cant find their website). I am thinking of getting the glowshift or cubbypod one. Have read glowshifts bend easily but that might be a good thing if i need to make it fit. Who cares about it easily bending as long as it doesn't easily break. Can bend it back. Anyone with any experience with these?

Comment

http://www.ortizcustompods.com/honda.html

I will be ordering from these guys soon enough for the Saab dual pod cluster. Might be your best bet.

Comment

Here's mine. Scrap plexiglass from ACE Hardware, a hole saw, fabric of choice to wrap it in, and drill holes to glue shelf pegs into that hold it in place (one is left unglued, so I can easily remove the whole assembly, and they were all painted black so they don't stand out).

The best part is, cops can't see it when you're not using them. Hell, even if you left your glove box open, they're still below the window line.

Oh, and hello fellow Coloradan!
                  Last edited by CyborgGT; 03-03-2017, 05:16 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by ol blue View Post
                    http://www.ortizcustompods.com/honda.html

I will be ordering from these guys soon enough for the Saab dual pod cluster. Might be your best bet.
                    does that saab cluster fit in accord radio din? In my search i did see ortiz but i dont want a-pillar mounts as it seems thats what they have for my year accord.
                    Last edited by zedjr10; 03-03-2017, 06:36 PM.

Comment

You must have not looked to hard. They made a dual pod cluster for cb7's too.

Comment

Originally posted by ol blue View Post
                        You must have not looked to hard. They made a dual pod cluster for cb7's too.
                        Cant find in ortiz except for that monster one that replaces ur whole dash assembly and the pillar mount. They also make a steering wheel one. None for the radio din.

Comment

The cluster one is the one I was talking about. Clean and simple and not out of sight at all.

Comment

The problem I see with the cluster pod is that if it doesn't match the OEM plastic exactly, you're going to have to paint it, and a painted interior piece that large will never look good. It might look good polished.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Working...
                            X