• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how important is sex

in a relationship? and why is that?

Originally posted by HondaB18 View Post
    in a relationship? and why is that?
    sex in a relationship demonstrates intimacy between partners BUT is not at the top of the scale.

trust is #1
    http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

90% If you are not doing it someone else is or will. Gotta keep your woman or man satisfied. Now if someone has it like the other 10% then thats pretty cool.
      http://WWW.DUBWISE.NET

My Job!

9DUBWISE 92 LXhttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=142580

RHD ITR conversionhttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=172577

Comment

Originally posted by bobbycos View Post
        sex in a relationship demonstrates intimacy between partners BUT is not at the top of the scale.

trust is #1
        ^ This, all day long!!!
        http://WWW.DUBWISE.NET

My Job!

9DUBWISE 92 LXhttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=142580

RHD ITR conversionhttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=172577

Comment

Definetly agreeing with that.

I want to be with someone I like to spend time with and not need to have sex with them all the time.

Comment

There are many factors to it besides just sex in a relationship. It is indeed important but without the constitution of what defines a relationship a relationship are like pieces to a jigsaw puzzle without those significant key puzzles you are still without the big picture and only shown a broken image.

When you are in a relationship you have to be with first off someoen who is compatable with you. They have to share you common goals and interests. There are many good key points of interest which can be found with spending more quality time together to find out their true intentions on what they want out of life. Talking too can be told but when you are spending time with this person you can watch them closely on how they deal with certain situations or with certain people and ask yourself:

Are they fucked up in the head like like some people I know?
            Who do they tend to hang around and are they a bad influence?
            Are they just plain stupid and should i just get away while I still can?
            Do they attempt to accomplish much out of life or nothing at all?
            Can we establish something together without serious fault?

The trust comes later on after a relationship has been established, you can never truely trust someone fully. Thats just a perception that I have it's never steered me wrong since things change,people change. Sex should be interesting and worthful during a relationship.

If you are having intimate relations with someone it should feel just right. If a person feels that sex isnt everything I think it depends on the individual. To me as a man I feel sex isn't everything but we have needs and if the significant other isn't up to par then it's just not going to work .

Comment

^ pretty damn good post. Definetly agree with it.

Comment

to me it's near the bottom of the list

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
                1992 Accord EX Coupe
                My FS Thread
                Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
                Originally posted by deevergote
                Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbycos View Post

trust is #1
                  I think this about sums it up.

Sex shouldn't make a relationship. However, more times than not, it will break a relationship. People have to understand, we've gotten away from our baser instincts as far as sex goes. Sex is meant for procreation. Im not sure when the human race started doing it for fun, but i digress. We've turned a vital part of species survival, into a factor in a relationship. And if you think about it, that's kind of fucked up. Some people base relationships on how often sex is had, how good it is, how "satisfied" they'll be, etc etc. Granted, some of that -IS- instincts telling us who's the best mate but we turn it into more than that. We start focusing on "who will please me better", instead of, "who is able to re-populate", lol.

But is sex important? I think so. Some people are vanilla and only want vanilla. Other people are off the charts and need off the charts. And I think, in today's society, if we're going to view sex as a fun activity rather than a tool, then our mate needs to be able to keep up. You don't wanna race someone you know you're gonna beat. You dont wanna play (insert sports game here) with someone who is no good or doesnt know what they're doing. Sex is no different. Now, some people are willing to learn and some people are willing to teach, and there's nothing wrong with that. But if you wanna be taught, you need to be with someone who's willing to teach.

Now, many people--myself included(to a certain extent) place....emotional attachment to sex. Some people do not. Some people are able to have partner after partner(at the same time, too ) and they can disconnect themselves while others attach that intimate emotion to it so it's something they cant "just do" with anyone and everyone. Now, with that being said, most people claim or believe that women create said attachment more than men. Im not sure if there is scientific data or proof to back that theory up, but from my own personal experience; they do. It's not a bad thing but when they form that bond or make that bond, it's one that they need to have or feel is alive. If they bond with someone but it's one-sided, they feel used or left out and we all know what path that goes down.

All-in-all, to answer the OP; Sex is an important part of a balanced relationship and while it should be fun and something that both partners enjoy, it shouldnt be a MAJOR KEY factor, but it also shouldnt be a chore either. We need that emotional bond. That physical bond. No matter how manly we are or how much we might think we dont, we, as human beings, make that some bond, no matter how how big or small, and it's something that helps us thrive. That helps us feel loved or needed. Plus, it's fun and feels good and who doesnt want that?

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                  Originally posted by Jarrett
                  Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

This thread needs pics.
                    MRT
                    37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
                    30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
                    27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
                    Originally posted by Tippey764
                    I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
                    Originally posted by deevergote
                    sneaky motherfucker

Comment

For once, I agree with geoff.
                      "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
                      "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
                      Disregard females, acquire currency
                      BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

to be honest with all of you I want a nice girl who is saving herself until marriage and they do exist(VERY hard to find though). I would be willing to wait for someone like that.
                        that being said, I've never been in a relationship with no sex, i think it would be very challenging.

Comment

I disagree, i do agree that trust is # 1, but sex is in the top 3.

Intimacy is a huge part of any relationship.

Yes, it is possible to have a relationship without the intimacy or with it on the back burner, but how long is that going to last?

Comment

What if she's banging a guy whose already in a relationship..does that make her a slut? And I'm not being an ass..either.
                            Henry R
                            Koni/Neuspeed
                            1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                            1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                            Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                            made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

A girl that I'm not having sex with is just a friend.

Comment

Working...
                              X