J-specCb4 : 1991 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J'SR@C3R1_818 View Post
    I haven't posted for awhile. Definitely gonna keep eyes on this.
    thanks man. those LMs look incredible on your car. what are the specs?

Originally posted by oneoffaccord View Post
    So your going K, I see. Cant wait to see.
    thanks buddy!

got some more done last night. probably 90% of the sound deadening has been removed at this point. pleasantly surprised that the body itself doesnt have any rust to speak of. I was sort of concerned that the floor was going to crumble underneath the sound deadening but the only rust i found was in the metal impregnated sound deadening itself. I also pulled all the wiring from the car so I can start fresh and remove everything that isnt necessary for the car to run and drive. no real accessories are staying outside of power windows.

having a ton of fun ripping into this thing.

"Tucking tires and wires."
    The Chronicles.

Comment

Cool to see you back in here, and doing serious work at that!

Will you be documenting the swap? There are a handful of K-CBs out there by now, and it seems like everyone prefers to keep their cards close.

Good luck with it, I look forward to seeing the changes.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I love watching people tear into wiring projects. It will be cool to see your stripped down and zip-tied harnesses when you're done.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
          Cool to see you back in here, and doing serious work at that!

Will you be documenting the swap? There are a handful of K-CBs out there by now, and it seems like everyone prefers to keep their cards close.

Good luck with it, I look forward to seeing the changes.
          thanks man, i noticed it isnt the easiest to find info on the cars that are already out there. the swap is pretty straight forward, and the parts to make it happen are out there. i dont see a reason to keep it to myself when i discover stuff.

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
          I love watching people tear into wiring projects. It will be cool to see your stripped down and zip-tied harnesses when you're done.
          this part has me terrified haha. the car may even get a full custom harness with most things deleted.

The Chronicles.

Comment

It's going to be really cool to see everything fall together, especially with the great photos you take. Don't be daunted by the wiring. If you're deleting a lot of things it will end up being pretty straight forward. Hell, if I lived closer I'd be willing to help build the harness for it. I've always wanted to do a cool wiring project life that for a CB.

Comment

gonna spray any sort of coating over the floor pan? black paint or anything?

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
              - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
              - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
              Current cars:
              - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
              - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Lizard Skin!
                My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

damn man looking good bro

I'll be doing the same soon
                  NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
                  DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

That's how you do it!!
                    subbing now

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
                      It's going to be really cool to see everything fall together, especially with the great photos you take. Don't be daunted by the wiring. If you're deleting a lot of things it will end up being pretty straight forward. Hell, if I lived closer I'd be willing to help build the harness for it. I've always wanted to do a cool wiring project life that for a CB.
                      yeah after discussing it with a few friends im not as concerned anymore. its just stuff like power windows that scared me initially.

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
                      gonna spray any sort of coating over the floor pan? black paint or anything?
                      the car is getting painted grand prix white inside and out. i want the inside as clean and shiny as the outside so theres gonna be a lot of cleaning and bodywork ahead of me. im trying to get as much of that done as i can before the cage goes in in 3 weeks.

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                      Lizard Skin!
                      im probably going to use lizard skin on the inside of the firewall. trying to keep heat down, especially with the k series header facing the firewall but i dont want anything on the floor surfaces other than paint.

Originally posted by Darkcloud View Post
                      damn man looking good bro

I'll be doing the same soon
                      thanks man. looking forward to seeing it. its a huge bitch lol

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                      That's how you do it!!
                      subbing now
                      haha thanks.

The Chronicles.

Comment

Maybe you can get Checkered Autosports to make you some dimple die floor plates. I think they would look great with what your build.

Purchased From: busak87, GunRunner, Bruce Banner, Itstatcb7kid707, tJoods, DannyD

The Caravan 2015
                        MRT:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=180919

Comment

ive got something planned for that.

The Chronicles.

Comment

Great progress, I love all of it! Definitely looking forward to the documentation of the K swap also.
                            MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Thanks man, this build is a long time coming. Love the progress youre having on your build as well.

http://www.tracktuned.com/feed/2015/12/23/accord

heres an introduction article my friends at Tracktuned did on my project. its going to be a full series so check it out! Also check out the Slipangle podcast, its one of the fastest growing automotive podcasts on Itunes.

The Chronicles.

Comment

Love that this is getting a rebuild, I'll be keeping an eye on it. Loved the feature, and I also found a picture of your CB sifting through this build thread.

"You come from a long line of great poets, some of the greatest poets since Homer. One of them said, "The very time I thought I was lost, my dungeon shook and my chains fell off."
                                - James Baldwin, "A Letter to My Nephew," The Fire Next Time.

UNI - Facebook - MRT

- Accord of the Month: March 2015 -

Comment

Working...
                                X