crazymikey : 1991 Accord EX-R (2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
    ah ok. I tried prying on them, but felt like I was going to rip them right out of the headliner.

I tried to wire up my headunit. Both fuses for the radio were blown under the hood and in the kick panel so I replaced those. Wired it up and still have no power to it.
    Are u not getting power from the power wire or it won't turn on when plugged in ? If it won't turn on when plugged in check and make sure that the antenna cable is plugged in , of its not it can keep the stereo from turning on.... strange I know.

Originally posted by Darkcloud
    Wimp go low or go home haha
    Originally posted by cb7_tillidie
    Not a single fuck was given that day.

Comment

Originally posted by c91bse7 View Post
      Are u not getting power from the power wire or it won't turn on when plugged in ? If it won't turn on when plugged in check and make sure that the antenna cable is plugged in , of its not it can keep the stereo from turning on.... strange I know.
      That should not affect it turning on or not. Sounds like your radio is not grounding out properly and is is using the ant as a ground. I ha e hooked up radios with power and ground and nothing else they always turn on if they are good.
      My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Originally posted by Smokinspeeds View Post
        That should not affect it turning on or not. Sounds like your radio is not grounding out properly and is is using the ant as a ground. I ha e hooked up radios with power and ground and nothing else they always turn on if they are good.
        It happened on my friends cb and anothers xterra , never tried it on mine . Was just throwing it out there because you never know .
        I'm glad all your radios work for you

Originally posted by Darkcloud
        Wimp go low or go home haha
        Originally posted by cb7_tillidie
        Not a single fuck was given that day.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokinspeeds View Post
          Yeah I've never had issues like that before. I wired up the red, yellow and ground wires and turned the key to accessory and also started the car and didn't get any power to the unit at all. I'll have to check the antenna. It's in the hatch stuffed down the inside of the quarter panel.

It was relocated inside the car and mounted under the custom enclosure.

Comment

Originally posted by c91bse7 View Post
            It happened on my friends cb and anothers xterra , never tried it on mine . Was just throwing it out there because you never know .
            I'm glad all your radios work for you
            All the ones that were good I said lol... I did work for a best buy return center for a while though, we did them without antennas they always powered up so that sounds like a ground issue.

Comment

Perhaps if I don't use the ground wire in the harness and ground it elsewhere?

Comment

Perhaps if I don't use the ground wire in the harness and ground it elsewhere?
                Definitely something to try, but if that does work you have more than the radio to worry about. Because that means there are issues with the harness and other items may not.be grounded out properly. I had a lot of wiring gremlins with my car they are nightmares...

Comment

I ripped out ALL of the aftermarket wiring lastnight and got right down to the factory radio harness. I would assume there should be no issues when wiring straight into that.

Comment

I've only had this car for 3 days, and while I was at a red light tonight with the windows down, I overheard the driver and passenger in the Silverado beside me in conversation say "aw, that wagon is badass".

Like a boss.

Yet nobody ever compliments the coupe. Fuckin' ricer.

Comment

I've only had this car for 3 days, and while I was at a red light tonight with the windows down, I overheard the driver and passenger in the Silverado beside me in conversation say "aw, that wagon is badass".

Like a boss.

Yet nobody ever compliments the coupe. Fuckin' ricer.

Now if you were bassing with the three twelves they woulda been drooling at it too. The coupe not getting too much attn isn't a bad thing, means cops won't feel like pulling you overfor no reason so much.

Comment

I cant stand huge audio installs in cars. IMO, huge waste of money. For the thousands spent on it, I'd rather build a motor or do paint and bodywork.

Comment

I cant stand huge audio installs in cars. IMO, huge waste of money. For the thousands spent on it, I'd rather build a motor or do paint and bodywork.
                          damn i havent been on the site for a few weeks and i come back and you got this badass wagon. the 17s look better on the coupe imo. both look good none the less. you still got the yota too?

Comment

Originally posted by slammed91cb7 View Post
                            damn i havent been on the site for a few weeks and i come back and you got this badass wagon. the 17s look better on the coupe imo. both look good none the less. you still got the yota too?
                            No sir, I sold the Yota because it was too small and was a total jalopy. I gave it away for $200 more than I paid for it, but the $1200 sale price funded the purchase of the wagon for $1000, and a 4 hour round trip to go pick it up.

The 17s look cool on the coupe, but the look changed from clean looking OEM to ricer just by changing the wheels, IMO.

And 9293 front end? Ewww.

Comment

No sir, I sold the Yota because it was too small and was a total jalopy. I gave it away for $200 more than I paid for it, but the $1200 sale price funded the purchase of the wagon for $1000, and a 4 hour round trip to go pick it up.

The 17s look cool on the coupe, but the look changed from clean looking OEM to ricer just by changing the wheels, IMO.

And 9293 front end? Ewww.
                              lol hell yea good deal on the wagon though

Comment

Just did a valve adjustment. First time ever doing one by myself and she purrs like a kitten now. No more ticky ticky tick. Did the intake valves to .10mm and the exhaust valves to .11mm. Runs absolutely fantastic now.

Still having issues with getting power to the headunit though. Wiring and electricals are not my forte, especially after ripping out all that custom shit.

Comment

Working...
                                X