No announcement yet.

af_1132 : 1993 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I predict this car will be one of the cb legends we all talk about in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by tishock View Post
      Have you tried out this calculator to compare your transmissions?

http://www.teammfactory.com/gear-calculator#
      Thanks for the link! I just calculated it now:

H2A5 with old shift point on the left vs. built M2Y4 with new approx. shift point (after new IM, fuel, ECU, and cam/head work done) on the right:

This is great news! 3rd and 4th are much closer, so I spend less "time" in third before I shift into 4th, and I enter 4th at a much better spot in the power band than before: 4200 rpms right before the 1/4 mile with the H2A5 vs. 5200rpms at an earlier position on the track with the M2Y4. As I upgrade block components for nitrous, I can raise the redline higher, and thus never have to shift into 5th. Sweet deal!

Originally posted by Lucien
      I predict this car will be one of the cb legends we all talk about in the future.
      Wow, that's quite a compliment, Lucien, thank you.
      Last edited by af_1132; 10-23-2014, 07:33 PM.
      *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
      ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
      ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
      "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
      Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
      The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
      Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Don't thank me, dude. You're the one putting in all the work on this beast.

Comment

Wow, love the trans, I'm jealous!
          '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

0-90 pull on freeway on ramp

I wanted to get a 0-90 pull on the stock motor before I removed the head for the first level of my engine build. Transmission, engine, and IM are all stock still. I was also on street tires (185 70 R14) on steelies. I don't know how jdm92_accorn was able to get his 0-145 pull video so stable!

Notes: First gear shift was botched. Nearing the end of third gear was an uphill curve to the right, so that slowed things down. I'm estimating that to be a 0-60 time of 6.5 seconds. You can hear that bad syncro between 2nd and 3rd.

Look at all those miles!
            Last edited by af_1132; 11-07-2014, 07:47 PM.

MRT
            Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

Cool. I can't wait to see a comparison vid with the new trans!

Comment

I am so jealous! i would give a toe or two for that transmission right now!

Comment

You could give a kidney for 15 to 20 of them.
                  '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

Thanks guys! I started on pulling the head tonight. Glad to have the Honda service manual by my side, but man! That 19mm coolant drain bolt on the block is a bugger!

MRT
                    Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

Originally posted by af_1132 View Post
                      Thanks guys! I started on pulling the head tonight. Glad to have the Honda service manual by my side, but man! That 19mm coolant drain bolt on the block is a bugger!
                      What, no before dyno runs?

Also this little guy could easily handle that bolt. It's only $90. I assume you don't any air tools.

Last edited by Tishock; 10-30-2014, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Also this little guy could easily handle that bolt. It's only $90. I assume you don't any air tools.

I want a cordless driver so badly. Are the Craftsman ones worth it or is it better to pay a little more for a Dewalt or Ingersoll Rand?

af - I love the progress, sir! Keep going!

Comment

^ I got that 1... I don't find it 2 b all that strong.. I had a good year one. That thing took off axle bolts.

I can take off lug nuts with the craftsman. Sometimes I can't. I may have 2 loosen them a tad bit then use the gun...
                          **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                          Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                          Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

I have one and I love it. Especially because of it's compact design. But your right, don't expect this to loosen an axle nut. I've used it on rusty exhaust bolts, diff ring bolts, flywheel bolts, transmission bolts and lug nuts. But there have been a couple times when it couldn't do the lug nuts.
                            Last edited by Tishock; 11-02-2014, 02:42 PM.

Comment

I've been trying to do some research in order to establish a relationship with a reputable tuner nearby, but I am not finding any in my county that I can trust just yet. There is apparently a shop about 45 minutes away that builds and tunes honda fit motors for the formula ford series, so I am having a local friend who knows them look into it for me as a shop that I can trust.

I ended up getting that drain bolt loose by taking the pipe on my 3 ton jack and using it to extend my ratchet. Apparently, 55Nm is a lot! I get to work about an hour on this late at night four nights a week, so progress has been a little slow the last few days. Now, what I need is to figure out how to get that stinking EVAP tube to the canister off the throttle body. It looks like a chinese finger trap designed tube, so it's not budging when pulled. I guess I should cut it?

MRT
                              Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

I like using 45 degree long needle nose pliers for most hoses. Depending on the angle you go at the hose, it can give you that extra leverage you need sometimes.

Comment

Working...
                                X