Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

DrummerSteve7 : H23 Boost Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

install

Im planning to have this engine installed by around mid March time frame.

As far as running more boost. I am still looking into my best possible situations. From what I have read so far the f20b block would be the best block to pick. But still looking.

Only been a boost addict for just about a year now. But loving it. I need to do a lot more research and a normal engine complete build before I move into the frankenstein builds. That is how my brain operates. One step at a time!

Right now I miss boost so much I just wanna play! Even tho the H22 in my red car kills most folks around here!
    MadLab Racing
    Southern Maryland

Comment

ya i love boost it is like crack i am hocked for life i think every car i own i will boost ..... if the wife lets me

good luck hope everything gose smooth and u dont have to many problems

93 EX COUPE, F22A6 turbo project
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...45#post1615845
      96 lexus sc300 DD
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=143563

back from basic.... off to ait.... CB still being worked on i have mad plans for it .. sorry cant tell its on the hush hush for now but all i can say in somewhere around 500 hp soon to come..

Comment

Originally posted by 93_f22aky View Post
        ya i love boost it is like crack i am hocked for life i think every car i own i will boost ..... if the wife lets me

good luck hope everything gose smooth and u dont have to many problems
        thanx man. should be fun and easy for the DSM setup. its the holset thats gunna take a lil bit more work!
        MadLab Racing
        Southern Maryland

Comment

ya i cant wait to get to fully build my car i am hoping to hit 11s on the 1/4

it will take lost of time thow

96 lexus sc300 DD

back from basic.... off to ait.... CB still being worked on i have mad plans for it .. sorry cant tell its on the hush hush for now but all i can say in somewhere around 500 hp soon to come..

Comment

Fuck March, do it this month. I can't wait I want to feel another boosted cb damnit.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

monies. seems to be an issue right now brotha!
              Why do you gotta yell?
              Hard times..Im waiting for the 15th to order...

Engine Seals
              Bisi Flywheel and Clutch
              ESP Motor Mounts
              Timing Belt
              Oil Pump
              Water Pump

leaving me to feb 15th to order
              Oil Pan
              Stealthmode Oil Lines
              Plugs. Wires
              Wideband
              Brake Pads
              Adjustable Coilovers (Until I get my real ones, then move em to my red car)

I really want boost tooo. I was driving my H22 and got slammed by a majorly modified SRT. I never wanna get beat by a neon again!
              MadLab Racing
              Southern Maryland

Comment

damn strait i would hate getting beet by a neon

96 lexus sc300 DD

Comment

starting!

gettin the garage prepped...all tools out for easy access

well it is now up on jack stands...hehehe! ahh yah!

what a mess,wires everywhere, looks busy with abs, needs wire tuck:

unplugging a/c, this did not happen on my last car, looks like coolant:

All fluids drained
                  Clutch line removed to master cylinder
                  A/C . Power Steering . Cruise Control Delete (A/C will be going back in but not for a while!)
                  Intake removed
                  Battery Removed for trunk relocation
                  Engine Harness' Unplugged (Doing Minor Wire Tuck)
                  Starter wires disconnected
                  Fuel Line Disconnected
                  Radiator Removed
                  Heater core hoses removed
                  Throttle cable diconnected

Next step: (tomorrow)
                  Remove header and all exhaust
                  Shift Linkage removal
                  Axle removal
                  Pull Engine

all that took about 2 hours. should be done in another hour!
                  MadLab Racing
                  Southern Maryland

Comment

I love how detailed your build are and keep them pictures comming.

Comment

Just be careful with them aluminum sleeves. After seeing one first hand even with the closed deck idk how well they really would handle boost. Good luck though.

Comment

more shizzle...

water pump
                        thermostat
                        oil pump
                        timing belt
                        clutch master
                        clutch slave
                        engine block seals (head seals are a fortune)
                        throwout bearing

order tomorrow:
                        clutch . flywheel from bisi
                        bisi intake manifold gasket
                        esp motor mounts

pictures soon! I had to order the majority of the parts. But they are paid for and on the way!!!
                        MadLab Racing
                        Southern Maryland

Comment

H23's handle boost just as well as the h22's do.

it's all in the tuning and it also depends on how healthy the pistons/rings are. They're the weakest link.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

well... i like the numbers. let me know with what turbo you go with. i plan on doing something very similar. I am trying to find the turbo map that will fit what I am looking to get out of my motor. Well to let you know that our volumetric eifficiency is 90% or when making calculations multiply by .90. i can get you all the calculations you need to get accurate measurements.

Originally posted by Devergote
                            A CB7 with an H22, a clean paintjob, HIDs with a projector retrofit, some nice wheels, and a mild drop on H&R Sport springs and Koni Yellow shocks... that's the perfect car. I'd be happy with that for the rest of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by tn_accords View Post
                              well... i like the numbers. let me know with what turbo you go with. i plan on doing something very similar. I am trying to find the turbo map that will fit what I am looking to get out of my motor. Well to let you know that our volumetric eifficiency is 90% or when making calculations multiply by .90. i can get you all the calculations you need to get accurate measurements.
                              90% in stock form, as you update exhaust, port matched exhaust, port head int/exhaust, update cams, 3/5 angle valve job, and right tune will bring that volumetric eifficiency to 100% nicely biuld head will do that.

to OP what head are you going to use, I remember you talking about h23 head that bisi had biuld for you?

Comment

Working...
                              X