Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

DrummerSteve7 : H23 Boost Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd say the rear main seal is the most tricky to get right. The most important part is to make sure it's entirely even all the way around. If not, you'll definitely get a leak.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by drummersteve7 View Post
      If I opened the hood and saw that I'd probably scream like a little girl.

Comment

Glad to see this coming along good sir.
        2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
        2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

Originally posted by f22hb
          If I opened the hood and saw that I'd probably scream like a little girl.
          I thought that was the only way you scream? jk. hows your H23 coming along?

Originally posted by chessboxer
          Glad to see this coming along good sir.
          thanx man. ya patience, time and lots of love.
          Im excited but not rushing a thing!

heres some pics of the goodies:
          the big box in the back contains:
          charge piping, bov, bunch of wires and vacuum hoses. injectors fuel pump, fuel filter
          just a bunch of stuff from the rosewood car!

clutch master and slave:

oil pan, still needs to be tapped for oil return:

glowshift gauages, radar detector, alarm:

box de bushings:

water pump and timing belt:

stealthmode oil kit:

engine gaskets:

oil pump:

today I am cleaning up the engine and installing most of these components!
          we will see how far it comes along!

EDIT: and pause...my boss just called. On friday he said we could take tuesday off.
          He changed his mind this morning, cause all 4 of us that work for him are rushing to get to work!
          tisss B.S. some people just suck, like this guy!
          Last edited by drummersteve7; 01-20-2009, 09:03 AM.
          MadLab Racing
          Southern Maryland

Comment

booo ghey.. about having to go to work while you had your hopes up to work on your car i know how that is.. lol

so once you get away.. we expect wrenching time and pics.. or ban..

good stuff man good stuff

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

its all good

ya but its all good man.

here is what I did today:
              removed tranny, and other parts off the f22a6! (even tho I will be using h23 tranny)
              removed valve cover...need means to remove crank pulley so I put it on hold.
              next step is to remove the head and inspect the block. then paint and new gaskets.

head looked cleaner than I thought it would be!

and the dry run with glossy valve cover...oo cant wait!

so now I just got a few more things and awaiting motor mount and clutch!
              still contemplating wire tuck. might wait for total build!
              MadLab Racing
              Southern Maryland

Comment

looking good keep us updated

Comment

Clean that block.

Comment

trying to

trying to but I have been working 18 hour days its been ridiculous.
                    only posting cause my car is warming up due to frost all over it.
                    its 230 in the morn and I gotta be back here in 5 hours.
                    so tired...i got sat off, so we shall see if I make time!
                    thanx tho! come paint that shit for me! jk.

laters.
                    MadLab Racing
                    Southern Maryland

Comment

well..

pulling the head off right now. but I know I got problems.
                      hopefully you guys can help out.

i messed up. and did not put the engine to tdc on #1.
                      I cut off the old timing belt.
                      and tried to remove the crank pulley, spinnning the crank and not the cams.
                      is this going to be a problem or is there an easy way to tell if I am at TDC with my block and then with both cams.

first time for me, hehe! lemme know! thanx in advance!
                      MadLab Racing
                      Southern Maryland

Comment

Your save. If you haven't felt/heard anything hit you're still fine.

So you're taking the head off? Make sure you have it milled. If you're getting it milled, then it doesn't matter where your cams are becuase you gotta take them off to get the head milled anyways.

Just put everything back at TDC. Make sure the woodruff key lines up with the TDC mark on the block. When you put the head back, you're going to have the cams off so all the valves will be closed. When you put the cams on, try to get them as close to TDC as you can. You'll more than likely be off by 5 or more teeth. Nothing will happen.

Actually, to make you feel a little better go ahead and leave the cams on and grab your 14(i think they're 14, might be 12mm) and rotate both cams either way 360*. You won't hit anything.

Everyone is so worried about the engines being interference engines that they get scared to do timing belts or take heads off. There's nothing to worry about when the engine's not running. You'll be fine.

Comment

well

i understand there is nothing to worry about with the engine off, which is why I already removed the head. I was just checking for installation for the most part.

yah I took the head off so I could replace all my gaskets. I know it probably was not neccessary just yet. but what the hell yah know!

so right now, crank pulley is off, head is off, now its time to start cleaning it and putting in the new seals!

water pump removed. working on oil pump and pan!

this plate, did they just ship it that way, it doesnt stay on right?

car parts everywhere:

more pics later! hehe still having some fun!
                          Last edited by drummersteve7; 01-23-2009, 02:45 PM.
                          MadLab Racing
                          Southern Maryland

Comment

thats a torque plate, that was on a automatic car, so just remmove it.
                            "Self Renewed"

Comment

yah i never seen it, but when i was loking at it. i was like well no room for flywheel so must go byebye.

took it off, then it all came back.

thanx bro!
                              MadLab Racing
                              Southern Maryland

Comment

You're going to need some new flywheel bolts. Those auto flexplate 17mm bolts are too short for our flywheels.

Comment

Working...
                                X