Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Full suspension replacing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Full suspension replacing

So I have a 1992 Accord ex that's been lowered about 2, I replace all the joints tie rods axle, anything you could imagine on the suspension. Now 8 months later these not so high quality parts I bought are starting to fail! I would love to replace everything over the winter with some higher quality parts that i wont be killed driving on! I Have a skunk two struts and moog ball joints, Any preferred brands that work well with lowering? Thanks for any comments!

Skunk2 struts are garbage.
    If you're lowered 2" or more, Koni Yellows or Tokico Illuminas are your best options (the Konis are my choice.)

Moog ball joints are decent. Second only to OEM, in most opinions.

As for everything else... check out www.hondaautomotiveparts.com. It's Majestic Honda out of CT, but they often have the best OEM Honda part prices due to the large volume of parts sold on the internet.

Comment

Did you get a proper alignment after replacing all of this stuff? If not, that could be why you're experiencing premature failure. Preferred brands? HONDA. Get some poly bushings while you're at it though.

Comment

http://www.g1parts.com/

is another website with decent prices for OEM parts but their website is harder to use.

Comment

Listen to Deev about suspensions! I didnt and now my back still hurts from yesterdays 450 mile trip. And i didnt cheap out, i spent over $600. I just have the wrong parts combo.

I have Koni STR.T struts on Eibach Pro springs. I wish i would have got the Koni Yellows that Deevs talking about.

Also i have spent hundreds if not thousands with Majestic Honda. Ive bought from them within the last week. There awesome.

If i cant wait on a part from Majestic i go with MOOG from a local parts store.

Comment

Yeah, those STR.Ts are decent for a mild drop... under 2", and not terribly stiff... but Koni Yellows are adjustable, and can be set to properly work with stiffer, lower springs. They cost a bit more, but they're WELL worth the investment.

Comment

beautiful, Thats exactly was im looking for, I did get a alignment, but i think its just cheap parts. Ive learned allot from this site and hope to learn more with this first cb7 of mine! thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by 92cbcoupe View Post
                Now 8 months later these not so high quality parts I bought are starting to fail!
                You said that like your suprized

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
                It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

I myself have never had a problem with moog, I use their stuff on my sentra and havent had any premature failures...

Comment

I have MOOG problem solver LBJs, they are really nice. The internal design is better than OEM.

Also, I may be wrong, but isn't the standard MOOG (not problem solver) what Honda uses as an OEM manufacturer?
                    Last edited by wildBill83; 10-31-2012, 01:37 PM.

Comment

i almost did the same thing going cheap . but i listen to deev and got the koni yellows . its bean almost a year still rides good with no problems or any thing. WAY TO GO DEEV
                      this was put together by evil_demon_01 . You can also fined all this and more by him in the Common Beginner Technical Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Not this one though.1990 to 1993 accord fuel psi .

Car safety checks

Diagnose a Check Engine Light (also S/D4 transmission error codes)
                      How to Set Base Idle Properly (F22ax, F22bx)
                      Cheapest Suspension Setup to Lower Your CB7

Fluid Capacities

Comment

I find that Moog from orielly is ok. I have some parts master and valucraft shit on my car but I know how to pick my battles. I would not install 1yr warranty parts on my suspension/steering side.

BTW bro just get one from a local auto parts, since more than likely it will be easier to warranty when it goes out instead of buying one online and waiting about.

I would suggest as well to get a lifetime performance strut and any reputable spring for our cars. And honestly anything lower than 2 inches is pushing the daily driver limit. (im lowered 1 inch plus 1 inch more just from getting smaller tires)
                        Last edited by 8ball; 10-31-2012, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Do get the koni yellows for the struts. had skunk2 and they destroyed the ride. replaced them with yellows same as factory nice and smooth. i now run BC coilovers (quite abit more than the yellows) on my car, gets me lower. very smooth, comfortable and very responsive

Comment

Originally posted by 8ball View Post
                            I would suggest as well to get a lifetime performance strut and any reputable spring for our cars. And honestly anything lower than 2 inches is pushing the daily driver limit. (im lowered 1 inch plus 1 inch more just from getting smaller tires)
                            Why the cheap struts with lowering springs, only do this if you are going to replace them soon or have extended top hats. Go Koni Yellows and either H&R or Eibach springs and you will never look back. I run 205/55-R16 tires on my light rims and 195/60-R15 on my factory alloys. I <3 sidewall...

Full soft on Koni Yellow even with a 2" drop rides like butter. Full stiff and you are feeling the road good.

Comment

no no bro I meant a life time performance strut like koni bilistien kyb tokico etc

Comment

Working...
                              X