No announcement yet.

LadyG : 1993 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clean_4thgen- They are going to be color-matched to the car. Not something I would attempt with anything other than a subtle color, like mine.
    But with the chrome trim on the car, and the polished lips on my rims...
    It just seemed like the thing to do.
    They needed restoration anyway.

RaginAsian- Thanks!
    Project wagon! Much excite! 2018!

That Sedan. Purchased '07-->Swap'd-->Tuck'd-->Wreck'd-->May '16

Comment

Hey guys!

I need some ideas for valve cover colors/graphics.

Engine bay needs some love now.

Comment

What is your joie de vivre?

What are some of the things in life that you enjoy and/or colours that you like?

What does your engine bay look like right now?
        MR Thread
        GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

LOL, yall would be ashamed of me.
          Its Dirrrrrty.

Moi Joie de vivra es Books and Art. (other than the car, my kids, and my man)

I had the idea to try to find a high temp vinyl to wrap the cover in, but idk if that is something that even exists.
          I think it would be sweet, a valve cover done as Van Gogh's Starry Night? Or The Kiss by Gustav Klimt?
          It would be different. I COULD attempt to paint a copy onto a cover, but I don't think it would be of the quality that I really want.

IDEAS?

Comment

I was just watching Buffy (yes...) and there was a scene where they were making fun of college freshmen, saying they always have either a Van Gogh or Klimt print in their dorms when they first move in. I just found it amusing that they'd be the same two artists you'd mention!

The idea is cool, but I'm not sure where you'd find high temp vinyl. You'd need a high temp adhesive as well (well, maybe not... the cover MIGHT not get hot enough to matter...) If you found a high temp vinyl, chances are it wouldn't have what you want on it! In fact, it was those two pieces, even!

I bet Keele could paint a valve cover to look like one of those.

Comment

Lol, I picked those two precisely because they were well known paintings!
              I wouldn't put out on the net exactly what I want, I don't want to be copied verbatim, ya dig?

I think you're right, I'd find high-temp vinyl, but not with the print work I'd want.

Keele? Hmmm. I have not had the pleasure.

I am trying to think of something new to do, (yes, like everyone else) especially because I am going to have to save money to throw into parts. It would keep me happy in the mean-time.

Really, who likes to pop their hood to show off a stock F22A1?

Comment

KeeleDesign on here. He does amazing valvecover work.

Here's an H22 cover he did recently (ebay link, so it'll die sooner or later... but useful now, at least)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=320573103794

Comment

Very Nice! But expensive, my friend.
                  Man haz skills.

I remember his thread he put up about his plaster walls! That was neat-o.

Comment

very nice.. The paint job came out really good
                    Accord Of The Month January 09
                    Accord Of The Year 09

My 2 Babys
                    BMW TECH FOR 15 YEARS

Comment

hows it going? it was good meeting you at IA, it was a great time, minus the ass-hat rednecks sunday night

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                      Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                      'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                      Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Update

OMG, my rims are still NOT done.
                        I didn't get to take her to IFO, because of those rims.

The lips have been mirror finished, but the centers had to be stripped.
                        And guess what?

One of the 4 had been refinished/replaced with a coating that did not want to come off. Like powder coat, but not as thick.
                        Weird coating after sanding

Damn things sat 2 consecutive days with paint stripper on them, and still had to use a metal scraper to get that shit off.

SO, now that this is FINALLY done, they're going to the painter this week!

This is the rim with the funky coating, after 2 days of paint stripper soakage and scraping.

This is how the other three looked after a blast of paint stripper.
                        Last edited by LadyG; 10-16-2010, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Very nice CB!
                          But bad luck about the damage!

Comment

you hitting AFM?

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                            01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                            93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                            93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

I seriously considered it!
                              However, I am due to have a baby 2 days after Christmas. I will be ENORMOUS at that point. I would like to make my introductions to the S.Fl crew when I do not look like a cow.

Comment

paint already looks shiny as crap. the wet sand and buff will take it to a new level....as long as they know what they are doing. later.
                                Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Working...
                                X