Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what keeps yall motivated to keep moving forward with your accord?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what keeps yall motivated to keep moving forward with your accord?

i just found more interest in mine. ive had it since 2009, done everthing to it. 5 lug, oem accessories, wheels, suspension, swaps etc. i got a h23v from honda day. now i really want to tear it all apart and restore it little by little. it just really overwhelming to think about all the stuff thats wrong with it. :/ how do yall do it?

mine needs a COMPLETE front/rear suspension overhaul. need to buy all kinds of upgraded parts to put on new h23v. i guess having too many toys makes it hard.
    COUPE K24

Keep the end goal in mind, do small stuff CONSISTENTLY! <<<That's a big one for me, I usually day dream more than I put in work.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

yea everyday i think of something else i wanna do to it. but it all makes sense to do it now but the list keeps getting longer and longer. i miss driving it. :/
      COUPE K24

Comment

It's good to have local support too. The ATLiens group is dead or dying, I haven't looked in a while.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
          Keep the end goal in mind, do small stuff CONSISTENTLY! <<<That's a big one for me, I usually day dream more than I put in work.
          Same here. My build's going to take a long time (like, years), but I've got the final picture painted out clearly in my head, so I'm excited to reach it. I'm picking up parts here and there as I can afford them, and that in itself keeps me motivated, seeing them start to pile up. There isn't another car I'm more interested in building, either, at least not to the level of 'project CB9.' I don't think any area of the chassis will be left untouched.

Day-dreaming's definitely a big part of it too, lol. Always finding new details to perfect that final image.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Like everyone above stated , stick to your goals and start small. I have 10 plus years building my cb. It is gratifying when you learn new stuff and apply it to your car.

MRThttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=84102 93se h22/t2t4

Comment

I suppose the same thing that prevents me from hitting myself in the face with a hammer.

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                It's good to have local support too. The ATLiens group is dead or dying, I haven't looked in a while.
                yea.
                COUPE K24

Comment

My student loans/debt lol.

Still love driving it for the past 9 years.

Comment

My cb hasn't had a motor in it for 5 years now and probably wont for another year or two. I found that doing small projects like stated above helps a lot. Also coming here and looking at peoples builds as well as getting on the top horsepower thread and AOM/AOY
                    ~Nick~
                    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Mine hasn't been on the road since 2008, and even then it was only for a few months. It was down for a year prior to that.

I haven't done much "moving forward", but it's this community above all else that is behind me keeping it. Silly, I know... I could ditch the car and still be active here. I'm just not ready to get rid of it yet!

My driving record hasn't been great the past few years. Too many tickets (driving as much as I do will do that!) My insurance is obscenely high. New Jersey insurance costs are already among the highest in the country... and I made them go up by being an idiot.
                      SO, I have my two running cars insured for about $5000/yr. I can't afford to insure the CB7, which isn't running at the moment. My insurance goes down to a more manageable level again in 2017, so the CB7 should be back on the road then!

Comment

I don't think there is anything that keeps me going, this would imply that I've stopped or thought of stopping. This is just what I do and I've always done it. If I didn't have this car I'd be working on another car. This just happened to be one of my first cars that I fell in love with. I tell people all the time "It could of been any car". I'm one of those guys who will give credit to a ford tempo if done properly. I'm also one of those guys who believes if someone else can do it, so can I. The downfall of this is that I'm always disappointed in myself and feel that there's another level to reach or "it's not good enough".

When I had no job/money, I'd sand things down by hand, spray paint them and polish by hand. No power tools, no problem. No garage, give me a driveway and tarp. I would "tinker" with the car all the time. When i had money I'd buy better upgrades and go back to "tinkering".

So I guess what keeps me going is that it's a hobby and a lifestyle and it's who I am. Even when I was young I was reading manuals and taking stuff apart (bicycles, remote cars, nintendo systems, and TVs).

Comment

I wish I was as much of a tinkerer. I don't like that aspect as much as I should. I enjoy diving into a project once I've learned enough about the how and why of it, knowing that I'll be able to accomplish the intended goal, and knowing the outcome is worth the effort. It sounds efficient, but it's not. I'd be much better off just playing with things endlessly, with some degree of caution!

Comment

Having the cb as my dedicated daily driven project car is the only way i can keep myself focused on pushing it forward. My back up car is my wife's or maybe a neighbors vehicle.
                            Having the cb respond to each of it's upgrades more than i can usually imagine is such a great reward that i have to go for the next one. The way I see it the only wasted money on a project car is the project that never see's the road.
                            CB7TUNER.com
                            Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                              SO, I have my two running cars insured for about $5000/yr.
                              Jesus christ. Full coverage on my 2013 Accord is only $2600/yr, and that's with an incorrect accident on my report. Once I get that cleared up it should go down another 25%.

I'm going to me in OPs situation very soon. My current plan is to keep my CB7 and restore it to a classic, but my new car is really fucking nice. Plus, car payments now means less money to play with.
                              MRT
                              37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
                              30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
                              27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
                              Originally posted by Tippey764
                              I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
                              Originally posted by deevergote
                              sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Working...
                              X