Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ENG: Diagnose a Check Engine Light and S/D4 errors.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my cel turns on when I drive about 10 minutes or more but when I turn the car off then on it goes away. My dash lights are messed up sometimes too and the speedo stays at zero for a minute or two then it starts working again. If blinkers dont go on then a little tap on the dash would get them back up. Anyone know whats wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by slEEpy_aL View Post
      my cel turns on when I drive about 10 minutes or more but when I turn the car off then on it goes away. My dash lights are messed up sometimes too and the speedo stays at zero for a minute or two then it starts working again. If blinkers dont go on then a little tap on the dash would get them back up. Anyone know whats wrong?
      Your code is stored in the ECU , it won't go away until you fully reset the ECU.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
      1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
      2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
      2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
      2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
      2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Anybody know how to fix the intake air temperature sensor. I did the cel diagnose and got 1 long blink then nothing for 2 secs and it repeats

Comment

i just tryed this out its crazy that it really works!! my check engine light blinked 5 times and on the list it says that its the manifold absolute pressure sensor where do i get that from?
          WHITEONWHITE

Comment

Originally posted by ONEKLEAN91 View Post
            i just tryed this out its crazy that it really works!! my check engine light blinked 5 times and on the list it says that its the manifold absolute pressure sensor where do i get that from?
            ...aka the "map" sensor. it's located on your firewall in the engine bay.
            Do you currently have a check engine light on while driving?
            ~~~~~~~

Comment

yeah man its staying on while im driving
              WHITEONWHITE

Comment

Can't find plug/blue connector?

I've been tryin to find this thing for weeks, and still can't find it. Took out my kick panel, i can see the ecu when i pull back the carpet.. but i cant find the blue thing!! anybody have pictures of exactly what im lookin for and where it should be? i know the blue thing.. but is it plugged into a larger brown one? idk... plz help...

92' Ex - Needs work, but hey! It runs safely
                91' Lx -Car vs IDIOT.. R.I.P.
                RIP 92' Lx... Car vs Concrete.. Car lost.

Comment

ok so i have a 91 auto accord, my s light stayed on at all times an only drove in 3 gear. so i went to the junkyard an grabbed another trans put it in an still have the same problem. So I tried to pull the codes for the TCU not the ECU, an the S light does notheing, but my CEL light comes on an stays on while the paper clip is in the plug. So wat do i do now?

Does any one know if when you turn the key 2 clicks an the ECU flashes once, is the TCO sopposed to flash too? cuz theres a clear hole to see the red light for each, ECU an TCU.....

Comment

It took me 5 seconds to find the plug ( i didnt even have to remove anything ), plugged in the paper clip and pulled " 12 EGR - exhaust gas recirculation lift valve ". Thanks for the guide.

Comment

Originally posted by JADiss View Post
                      A good idea I got from my buddy was to jump the OBD connector with a switch. I've got a radioshack switch on my dash to check CELs while I'm driving. I get a CEL, flip the switch, and know right away what it is.
                      If you don't mind my 2 cents that sounds like a good idea, I think you should put togehter a DIY for that.
                      IridiumCore
                      HCK-The Beginning

--------------------------------------
                      Your drunk she doesn't look that good.

Comment

i dont have a paper clip or wire or connector atm. what else could i use?

Comment

Originally posted by Aries1911 View Post
                          I've been tryin to find this thing for weeks, and still can't find it. Took out my kick panel, i can see the ecu when i pull back the carpet.. but i cant find the blue thing!! anybody have pictures of exactly what im lookin for and where it should be? i know the blue thing.. but is it plugged into a larger brown one? idk... plz help...
                          Its a TINY blue plug up under the passenger kickpanel. Some people have found that that little plug was SHOVED up in the heating components. You'll just have to fish it out.
                          -Lance- (Formally known as H0ndaspyd3rLM)

Originally posted by H22Artman
                          if he still disagrees. well...... buy him a pink sweater and tell him to go buy some curtains.
                          Originally posted by deevergote
                          I posted a nude photo of myself on cd5tuner.com... it broke the site.
                          Bought from: lo_dit, 924dr, Fatman88, 91project, noobcake, loud92cb7

٩(•̮̮̃•̃)۶

Comment

Originally posted by 91blkcoupe View Post
                            I just checked my light , it keeps doing long blinks and it doesnt stop, I counted up to 100...

Are there any spaces? There has to be pauses. Check again.

Originally posted by JADiss View Post
                            A good idea I got from my buddy was to jump the OBD connector with a switch. I've got a radioshack switch on my dash to check CELs while I'm driving. I get a CEL, flip the switch, and know right away what it is.
                            Please?!

if he still disagrees. well...... buy him a pink sweater and tell him to go buy some curtains.

٩(•̮̮̃•̃)۶

Comment

Originally posted by Cb7xChun View Post
                              Anybody know how to fix the intake air temperature sensor. I did the cel diagnose and got 1 long blink then nothing for 2 secs and it repeats
                              Only fix is to take it off and replace. Drivers side of engine on bottom corner of IM. Should be yellowish

٩(•̮̮̃•̃)۶

Comment

Originally posted by 93Frost_cb7 View Post
                                i dont have a paper clip or wire or connector atm. what else could i use?
                                I removed the plastic ends and black paint on a bobbie pin
                                IridiumCore
                                HCK-The Beginning

--------------------------------------
                                Your drunk she doesn't look that good.

Comment

Working...
                                X