Oyajicool : 1993 Accord LX (2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Left Axle R/R @170917

Take the swage out for easy removal of axle nut.

Used a joint separator tool.

Swing out the knuckle

Use a pry bar to pop out the axle out of transmission.

New one didn't come with the rubber doughnut.

A new shaft seal was installed. And put everything back. Torqued the nut to spec.
    A&P-IA

Comment

Oil change @171741

An oil filter and oil combo deal from a local store.

Cut filter for metal and debris inspection. None was found.

Went too far forward and backed out. Broke a plastic cover.
      A&P-IA

Comment

Thermostat R/R @171786

Water temp gauge shot up after 5 minutes of driving.

On the way back, turn on the heater. The temp went down.

Got new thermostat and gasket from NAPA.

Left one is new.

Installed it.

Cleaned inside of the reservoir tank, too.

No more hot engine.
        A&P-IA

Comment

Nice work I love you mr thread. It's like a diy all in its self
          Last edited by Grumpys93; 07-21-2015, 02:06 PM.
          ~Nick~
          FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
          MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Thank you.

I'd like to keep it like a maintenance logbook.
            Also, if someone see this and use it as a guide for maintaining their Accords, I am happy.
            A&P-IA

Comment

Yea man cool Mr thread I like seeing the work in fixing things lol
              93 Honda Accord Lx
              Check it out A.O.M. 11/2014

Comment

did you get the high temp issue fixed with the new thermostat?

Comment

I guess saying "no more hot engine" in the end on that post was not enough to indicate the issue was solved already.

Yes. The new thermostat solved the high temp issue.

Thank you.
                  A&P-IA

Comment

Great thread. I love the information, and how much work you're putting into the factory components in general. It's actually inspiring . There seems to be a bit of a trend of it around here lately, and I can't get enough.

Quote, Jarrett: Please title and format the thread correctly.
                    I actually gave a sigh of mental exhaustion reading this. Will this rule ever just be forgotten? Having the owner's name is pointless, as the thread creator is listed below the title anyway, and as long as the thread is in the MRT section, it's kind of a given that it's an Accord and of this generation. There's no real difference between trim levels on these cars, at least nothing that's honestly noteworthy. Body style, I could see being useful information to someone just browsing through, but it's about time we're allowed our own creative titles. Having joined other forums since CB7T and seen how they're ran (while still providing a great sense of community), this place has become less friendly and more lacking in character to me. Sorry for the rant.
                    Last edited by CyborgGT; 07-20-2015, 06:12 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Nice body I can say that! Except whatever that is on the roof lol.

You know how easy it is to change a crank pulley on our cars?

Comment

Thank you very much, guys.

The Accord is a car I feel comfortable to drive and work on. I do what ever I can to keep it running with most economical way I can using aftermarket parts.

I can hear Honda purist cringing just about now. But, they don't pay for my parts. So, cringe all you want.

Taking crank pulley off is not hard job at all if I remember, using the proper tools. I have the pulley holding tool and air impact guns.
                        A&P-IA

Comment

Originally posted by oyajicool View Post
                          I guess saying "no more hot engine" in the end on that post was not enough to indicate the issue was solved already.

Yes. The new thermostat solved the high temp issue.

Thank you.
                          Ya, i was thinking you said "no more hot engine" for that day. I was wondering if the problem came back again after a week, etc. Guess I should of been more clear.

Comment

Hey Oyaji!
                            I like the progress meticulous as always
                            I recently did some brake work as well

Comment

Hi D,

Long time, no see.
                              I've got too many unfinished projects laying around me that I don't have enough time in a day. I am doing what I can to get by with, not that meticulous as you are.

Good to see you've got taken care of the hydraulic leak.
                              A&P-IA

Comment

Thanks. Yeah, i had to. And. Im trying to do as much as possible myself. Did a brake upgrade while i was at it.
                                I thought about calling you for help a couple times, but it wasn't exactly reasonable.

I just got done doing a rear disc conversion. I could have definitely used some help on that one. Hopefully we can get together to do some car work in the near future

Comment

Working...
                                X