No announcement yet.

lets talk about vaping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good point. I just ate Taco Bell... and I'm washing it down with a Diet Pepsi (now if THAT isn't one hell of a chemical cocktail, I don't know what is!)

I don't know if the issue is whether or not people should do it... as it's any adult's prerogative to do as they wish with their own body. The issue is more about whether or not the information said adults are basing their decisions on is valid... and whether or not vaping in public can be harmful to those that did NOT make such a decision for themselves.

Comment

allow me to add my opinion.

I have been vaping for 2 months now. been using v2 e cigs as a way to cut out smoking. I dont defend it or condemn it as a few very opinionated members have. I havent had any kind of tobacco since i started. I feel much better because of it and am thankful for this alternative.

I dont take advantage of vaping like some people. I dont "vape" indoors (just my home) like at stores or hospitals or anywhere that schizophrenics will lose their mind at the site of me vaping.

people say "you dont know whats in that shit" which is false to a degree. V2 cigs has ingredients lists and publishes quality control batch test reports on all their liguid.

a good arguing point could be, does anyone know what is in cigarettes? all the by-products, carcinogens etc. and millions of people use it anyway.

no one knows shit yet somehow everyone knows it all

I like it because it is cheaper than tobacco. it allows me to step down my nicotine levels to reduce my nicotine intake and all ingredients include in the juice i use are considered food grade with nicotine being the addition.

everyone needs to take a chill pill especially a certain handful in the thread. if you dont like it then go protest somewhere about it. I personally have never seen someone taking advantage of their "vape privilege" but i dont live in a yuppy area so i cant speak for all.

freedom of opinion is like freedom of choice. I choose to vape, you choose to hate it, but which of us is having a good time

cheers mates

p.s. im vaping right now
      -sean
      Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
      Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

I just ignore the whiners...

My arguments are both for and against it... mainly because I don't have a strong opinion either way, yet there are valid points to be made on both sides.

As Mikey said, PG and VG are both "FDA approved" in certain quantities, largely for eating. However, in larger quantities they can be dangerous. As I mentioned, asthma inhalers (and other similar medicine delivery systems) also use PG. As the Livestrong article I posted mentioned, some people may have allergies to PG.

Compared to smoking... hell yeah it's a better option. We know the ingredients of e-cigs, for the most part, though we don't know exactly what the longterm effects of using them in such a manner would be. The scary thing is that we DO know what can be found in cigarettes... and the awful effects of it... and people still smoke. They do it with at least partial knowledge of how terrible it is for their health.
        While vaping may not be very healthy for bystanders (unproven either way), it's likely to be healthier than smoking... allergies aside, anyway. One major upside is that you don't smell like smoke afterward. I've had moments where I was around someone who had just smoked, and the stale, nasty smell of them turned my stomach.

Comment

I vape and I feel great, must be safe.

LULZ

Comment

with vaping i feel better.no more digging for a deep breath. no more sweating over the most minor exertion.no more upset stomach which i assumed came from smoking and presumably did considering it has since stopped (note: feeling WAY better is a big plus)

no more smelling like smoke. I can do it in my house or car, without the lingering smell of smoke left over to offend. i can kiss my wife without her being put of by the smell of smoke

I look better. teeth are a few shades whiter. my face doesnt have that catchers mit look like it did. wrinkles under my eyes are reduced too.

all in all I feel more alive after 2 months than i have over the past 6 years. i will continue to use this to step myself down off of nicotine and will STRONGLY encourage ANYONE to use it in the same manor in order to help yourself. not just purely self indulging

my doctor and dentist also said that switching to vaping is a huge step in the right direction because smoking is point blank period a death sentence.

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            I just ignore the whiners...
            good idea

-sean
            Last edited by 93twodoorLX; 09-24-2013, 09:08 PM.

Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

That's awesome, Sean!

As an alternative to cigarettes, it really IS a safer option... barring gross abuse or allergies. Even if there are risks involved, I don't imagine any of them are nearly as bad as inhaling formaldehyde.
              As something "safe" for a previous non-smoker to take up, it might not be a great idea. At the very least, it could develop a nicotine addiction, which could eventually lead to tobacco. While vaping is fairly well supported, and online ordering makes it easy for most... cigarettes are far more readily available. If you run out of juice and need a nic fix, the local Piggly Wiggly has a nice pack of Lucky Strikes with your name on it!

Comment

another side note that deevergote brings to my attention.

running out of liguid.

well my batteries (lithium ion) are rechargeable for about up to a year (all batteries go bad) but they are relatively cheap to replace. about 15 to 20 bucks

also, i save a TON of money not buying cigarettes or whatever. A 50 mL bottle of liquid is equal to roughly 50 packs of cigarettes (do the math) but it only costs me $30 as opposed to $325 for 50 packs of cig. and it lasts me a LONG time. I use about .5mL per day so i shouldnt run out for about 3 months.

$30 for 3 months or $325. plus cigarettes go up and down (mostly up) everyday. the cost of my liquid is the same whether cigs are $6.50 or $10

the pros for me as an individual FAR outweigh the cons. whatever they may be. providing there is proof that there are any. cuz caffeine isnt too good for you either but i dont see them closing down starbucks any time soon.

dont mean to rant too much but info is info and there may be someone here considering a change in their life. getting away from tobacco. and i would like to inform them that there is an alternative. cigarettes are a viscous cycle that Ecigs can help you break IMO

and thanks for supporting my decision mike. you know i value your opinion not just within the confines of your forum but all the time. ever since you met me when i was a kid

-sean
                Last edited by 93twodoorLX; 09-24-2013, 09:31 PM.

Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

Originally posted by 93twodoorLX View Post
                  with vaping i feel better.no more digging for a deep breath. no more sweating over the most minor exertion.no more upset stomach which i assumed came from smoking and presumably did considering it has since stopped (note: feeling WAY better is a big plus)

no more smelling like smoke. I can do it in my house or car, without the lingering smell of smoke left over to offend. i can kiss my wife without her being put of by the smell of smoke

I look better. teeth are a few shades whiter. my face doesnt have that catchers mit look like it did. wrinkles under my eyes are reduced too.

all in all I feel more alive after 2 months than i have over the past 6 years. i will continue to use this to step myself down off of nicotine and will STRONGLY encourage ANYONE to use it in the same manor in order to help yourself. not just purely self indulging

my doctor and dentist also said that switching to vaping is a huge step in the right direction because smoking is point blank period a death sentence.

good idea

-sean
                  sean, that is why i switched to vaping

no more of those stupid ass cigs for me. after my friend and i did the math i was hooked. i could have my nic and save over $400 in the process.
                  Last edited by RyanD; 09-24-2013, 09:45 PM.
                  visit vgruk

Comment

My brother smokes cigarettes. I'm considering buying him a vaporizer and some juice as incentive to stop smoking. It'll help him save money in the long run, and it will also be healthier for him. What kind of pen would you recommend I get him? I don't need to get him some crazy luxury pen with gold flair, but if it's something that could be used as a legitimate excuse for not switching, then I want my bases covered. It looks like the biggest factors are:
                    1. Form factor. It looks like the best choice here is "pen."
                    2. Battery life and charging. It looks like rechargeable lithium-ion batteries are the norm. What about replacing the battery? A standard lithium-ion cell would be great; it's cheaper than having to buy some specially branded battery at 100% markup that is likely just a standard battery with a label on it anyway. Also, charging options: I've seen some that come with magnetic USB powered-chargers. Is that the norm? Are there better alternatives?
                    3. Vaporizing temperature? My buddy's pen allows you to adjust what appears to be voltage on the bottom of the pen. This adjusts the temperature of the element inside the vaporizer, yeah?
                    4. Liquid compatibility? Is there one refillable container, or do you swap out the whole vile? What about cleaning the thing?

Comment

Originally posted by reklipz View Post
                      My brother smokes cigarettes. I'm considering buying him a vaporizer and some juice as incentive to stop smoking. It'll help him save money in the long run, and it will also be healthier for him. What kind of pen would you recommend I get him? I don't need to get him some crazy luxury pen with gold flair, but if it's something that could be used as a legitimate excuse for not switching, then I want my bases covered. It looks like the biggest factors are:
                      1. Form factor. It looks like the best choice here is "pen."
                      2. Battery life and charging. It looks like rechargeable lithium-ion batteries are the norm. What about replacing the battery? A standard lithium-ion cell would be great; it's cheaper than having to buy some specially branded battery at 100% markup that is likely just a standard battery with a label on it anyway. Also, charging options: I've seen some that come with magnetic USB powered-chargers. Is that the norm? Are there better alternatives?
                      3. Vaporizing temperature? My buddy's pen allows you to adjust what appears to be voltage on the bottom of the pen. This adjusts the temperature of the element inside the vaporizer, yeah?
                      4. Liquid compatibility? Is there one refillable container, or do you swap out the whole vile? What about cleaning the thing?
                      1. An ego is a mod(battery device) that is a very common starting point. the other option you have is a mod powered by 18650 batteries this lava tube is a great example

2. you can vary your vaping experience by voltage ranging from 3.0 to 6.0 volts where most things will be ran between 3.2 and 4.0.
                      The new and better way to vape is with variable wattage. it will give you the best possible vaping experience every time by auto adj the voltage

3. as for liquid it really depends on what you run. if you run a cardomizer you want to run no more than 50/50 pg/vg
                      Most vapor you buy online are 60/40 pg/vg so it can be vaped in anything

you also have a choice of what you want to vape out of
                      • Cardomizer Tank
                      • Attomizer tank
                      • Clearomizer
                      • Attomizer
                      • Cartomizer

cardo

Atty

Clearomizer

Cardo's are the next best thing to a clearomizer. they give better flavor and last a bit longer. Clearomizers are just cardo's with a tank but unless you get a really good one like an iclear 30 they dont last long and after a while they begin to taste like shit

Atty's are the best thing to vape out of. the flavor is pure and you get everything out of the juice. the only draw back is they have to be filled every 10 or so puffs. the HH357 is the current best of the atty's

The supposed holy grail of vaping right now is either the Innokin iclear30 or the Kanger Pro Tank II which is a glass clearomizer that uses and atty instead of a cardo.

Iclear 30

Pro Tank II

When it comes to mods the best you can really get is the Provari which has a hefty price tag of around $250

Other than that, starting out i would get the iclear 30 with an ego twist

Hope all this helped
                      visit vgruk

Comment

Ryan,

I bought the original ProTank, it still has the pyrex glass and replaceable coils, but isn't able to be completely disassembled.

I just bought 4 new coils tonight for $10 total. My original $5 coil went out tonight, and was giving super minimal vapor. If these $2.50 coils last 5 days each, that's worth it to me.

Comment

Until these things get to be more popular, most uninformed people are probably thinking you're doing drugs (well, you ARE... but "drugs" other than nicotine is what they'll think!)

Comment

Originally posted by KpoweredCB7 View Post
                            Ryan,

I bought the original ProTank, it still has the pyrex glass and replaceable coils, but isn't able to be completely disassembled.

I just bought 4 new coils tonight for $10 total. My original $5 coil went out tonight, and was giving super minimal vapor. If these $2.50 coils last 5 days each, that's worth it to me.
                            oh it totally worth it, dont get me wrong. i just like the pro tank 2 better
                            visit vgruk

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                              Until these things get to be more popular, most uninformed people are probably thinking you're doing drugs (well, you ARE... but "drugs" other than nicotine is what they'll think!)
                              if you meant uninformed as in the general public then they can go fuck themselves
                              visit vgruk

Comment

Hookah = water pipe that vaporizes shisha
                                Shisha = flavored tobacco product that is vaporized in a hookah

Why would you burn a water pipe? I'm not confused on this subject Ralphie, I think you are. There is not a single tobacco hookah that burns tobacco, if it burns tobacco (shisha) it is assembled wrong and that person has a death wish. Smoking shisha would be 10x worse than pipe tobacco because it is meant to be heated and not burned.

Too much of anything in excess will obviously kill you, this I see as Darwin's survival of the fittest in action. Let those that over use slowly kill themselves, at least the vapor can't effect anyone like second hand smoke does, so they are just killing themselves and not everyone else in the room.

Comment

Working...
                                X