Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

My new toy, 90 EX soon to be H22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My new toy, 90 EX soon to be H22

I've been away from this site for quite some time as my first 91 LX has been gone. Previously I bought a 94 lude with JDM H22A. The body went and i was stuck with this great engine, so i found this beautiful 1990 EX CB7 for $350 and I'm back in business. Any of you guys want to throw me suggestions, I'm all ears.

Pictures to come, I'm on my phone right now.

Update 11/2: The lude was sold, as I had no room to do the swap, I am on a angled driveway with rocks. Going with plan B: Build up the current F22A6 in there and slap in a tiny 1.8 turbo for fast spooling. Low PSI on mostly stock block for now, hopefully the quick spooling will allow more lower end power, as these cars are lacking in that department.

Yes these pictures were taken in the rain, paint is actually a lot more faded.

Last edited by Strifecore; 11-02-2016, 05:21 PM.

Suggestions?

If you're just looking for a simple, fun car, sounds like you've got it. Get after the reliability. If you're taking this car into "project car" territory, go far with it and take it places no one has with this chassis. This site's full of simple "builds" following the same formula, most stopping at about two-thirds, if that. CB Accords are barely on the radar even when you narrow the import community down to just Honda.

Welcome back
    Last edited by CyborgGT; 10-06-2016, 04:42 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

May as well use the motor since you got it! H22 in a CB7 sounds awesome.

Comment

Welcome back!

The H22A feels right at home in the CB7. It even looks like it should've been there from the factory! Even better, a healthy H22A should be just as reliable as the stock F22A. An H22A swapped CB7 won't be the fastest thing on the road, but it'll surely be a blast to drive. I've never driven a Prelude, so I don't know how they compare... but there's a certain magic in a potent engine hiding under the hood of an unassuming car.
        The CB7 was also Honda's first step toward making the Accord more of an entry-level luxury vehicle, rather than the sporty big brother to the Civic (as it was in the 3rd generation). Adding an H22A results in a car that offers both respectable performance and luxury... especially if your bargain car has a nice interior.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          Welcome back!

The H22A feels right at home in the CB7. It even looks like it should've been there from the factory! Even better, a healthy H22A should be just as reliable as the stock F22A. An H22A swapped CB7 won't be the fastest thing on the road, but it'll surely be a blast to drive. I've never driven a Prelude, so I don't know how they compare... but there's a certain magic in a potent engine hiding under the hood of an unassuming car.
          The CB7 was also Honda's first step toward making the Accord more of an entry-level luxury vehicle, rather than the sporty big brother to the Civic (as it was in the 3rd generation). Adding an H22A results in a car that offers both respectable performance and luxury... especially if your bargain car has a nice interior.

Unfortunately I sold the Prelude, had to get it out of my driveway and i got a decent deal for it. Looking to build up the current F22A6, probably turbo it. I just want close to the power my lude had.

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
            CB Accords are barely on the radar even when you narrow the import community down to just Honda.
            You are correct there sir, I went to a car meetup in Boston this past Sunday and there was only one mostly stock CB in a 10 story parking garage filled with cars. Most I saw were built turbo Civics and WRX's. Couple nice Supra's too.

Comment

If you go turbo, throw forged pistons in that engine. It won't last long if you don't! A turbo F22A is plenty potent, though. Forged internals, a good tune, and a decently sized turbo can make more power than you'll ever be able to fully utilize on public roads.

Comment

Now does anybody know what's up with the tan interior/black dash? I've heard some are multi colored like that. I mean I love it cause OCD people have heart attacks, but what's the deal with it?

Comment

If you go turbo, throw forged pistons in that engine. It won't last long if you don't! A turbo F22A is plenty potent, though. Forged internals, a good tune, and a decently sized turbo can make more power than you'll ever be able to fully utilize on public roads.
                  That's all I need to know, thanks I heard the piston rings are what fail. And the walls maybe? Or was that the H22 that had weak walls?

Comment

Originally posted by Strifecore View Post
                    Now does anybody know what's up with the tan interior/black dash? I've heard some are multi colored like that. I mean I love it cause OCD people have heart attacks, but what's the deal with it?
                    Black dash was standard with the tan interior (like my 90 LX). I think a tan dash would cause too much reflection on the inside of the windshield during the day.
                    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Strifecore View Post
                      That's all I need to know, thanks I heard the piston rings are what fail. And the walls maybe? Or was that the H22 that had weak walls?
                      Ring lands are what fail. That's why you need forged pistons. Nothing has weak cylinder walls. You probably heard that about the h22, which has FRM cylinder liners, but that's a myth perpetuated by ignorance.
                      The f22a has an open deck block, however. That can prove to be a weak point after the pistons have been addressed. It should handle up to 350-400whp without a problem. Beyond that, it can be risky. I wouldn't go over 400whp without resleeving. At that point, though, traction will be limited anyway.

Comment

Ring lands are what fail. That's why you need forged pistons. Nothing has weak cylinder walls. You probably heard that about the h22, which has FRM cylinder liners, but that's a myth perpetuated by ignorance.
                        The f22a has an open deck block, however. That can prove to be a weak point after the pistons have been addressed. It should handle up to 350-400whp without a problem. Beyond that, it can be risky. I wouldn't go over 400whp without resleeving. At that point, though, traction will be limited anyway.
                        I do have a Limited Slip Diff I'm going to be putting in, but I don't plan to go far past 200 anyways. I just want close to what I had in the H22.

Comment

What LSD do you have for it?

Comment

What LSD do you have for it?
                            Just an OBX but we're talking it apart, smoothing down the inside and changing out the internals for stronger components.

Comment

http://rbryant.freeshell.org/obx_washers.htm

Just following tutorials like this one, I was told it's worth it for longevity.

Comment

Working...
                              X