Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Clanking noise on the passenger side?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clanking noise on the passenger side?

Ok i have a quick question. So just recently a little problem occurred on my 90 Accord EX. While im driving and i release the gas a clanking noise happens. Its on the drivers side and i dont know what it is. It only happens when im driving. It doesnt happen when im in neutral. so yeah can you guys please give me feedback it would be nice. And if you guys need more info just ask ill give it to ya.

With it parked (neutral equivalent) and running, pop the hood and if you need to rev it, press on the throttle plate (do not do this if its in gear). You can also take a long screwdriver and press the tip against different parts of the engine with your ear to the handle to narrow the location down. If its only happening in drive, then its most likely a transmission issue, which is passenger side of the engine compartment, Hows your fluid level? How does your fluid look? When was the fluid drained and filled last, and what brand fluid was used?
    Last edited by cloudasc; 01-13-2012, 07:46 AM.
    PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Is the noise in the front of the car or in the back? I had a rear control arm that would clunk when the car turned a certain way.

It is definitely worth it to do a suspension check:
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=119467

'91 EX 280,000 || '90 LX 330,000
      _____(me)__________(wife)___

Comment

Wouldent the motor and tranny mounts do this to?
        this was put together by evil_demon_01 . You can also fined all this and more by him in the Common Beginner Technical Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Not this one though.1990 to 1993 accord fuel psi .

Car safety checks

Diagnose a Check Engine Light (also S/D4 transmission error codes)
        How to Set Base Idle Properly (F22ax, F22bx)
        Cheapest Suspension Setup to Lower Your CB7

Fluid Capacities

Comment

Originally posted by cloudasc View Post
          With it parked (neutral equivalent) and running, pop the hood and if you need to rev it, press on the throttle plate (do not do this if its in gear). You can also take a long screwdriver and press the tip against different parts of the engine with your ear to the handle to narrow the location down. If its only happening in drive, then its most likely a transmission issue, which is passenger side of the engine compartment, Hows your fluid level? How does your fluid look? When was the fluid drained and filled last, and what brand fluid was used?
          Dude I like the way you treat and help people. Its nice to have people like you and
          A forum like this.
          this was put together by evil_demon_01 . You can also fined all this and more by him in the Common Beginner Technical Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Car safety checks

Fluid Capacities

Comment

Originally posted by Accord problems View Post
            Dude I like the way you treat and help people. Its nice to have people like you and
            A forum like this.
            Thank you very much for the kind words, I do what I can to help when possible, most of my knowledge is either from personal experience, but mainly its this forum, spend enough time reading and researching on this forum, and before you know it you will know the inside and outside of your cb like you never knew, or thought you would ever know before.
            PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Me and my friend did what you said before and it wouldnt make the clanking noise only when it is in drive. I dont think it is a transmission problem because i added new transmission fluid and the transmission always shift around the 3 mark on the spedometer and my friend( who know a decnt amount about cars) agree that its not really the tranmission...

Comment

Originally posted by cloudasc View Post
                Thank you very much for the kind words, I do what I can to help when possible, most of my knowledge is either from personal experience, but mainly its this forum, spend enough time reading and researching on this forum, and before you know it you will know the inside and outside of your cb like you never knew, or thought you would ever know before.
                Agreed. This forum has taught me a LOT! I have not opened my haynes manual in months.

I enjoy the atmosphere on here as well. Other forums are full of ignorant people that want to criticize for asking a question. CB7Tuner for the win!!!

Comment

Have you tryed to pull of both front wheels and look for bad or missing bushes? For example
                  My accord did somthing similar where when I turn it would clanke. Turnd out to be bad
                  bushings in the front sway bar where gone. I thought it was a big problem. It was only 30 bucks To fix.
                  Last edited by Accord problems; 01-14-2012, 11:35 AM.

Car safety checks

Fluid Capacities

Comment

Have you tryed to pull of both front wheels and look for bad or missing bushes? For example
                    My accord did somthing similar where when I turn it would clanke. Turnd out to be bad
                    bushings in the front sway bar where gone. I thought it was a big problem. It was only 30 bucks To fix.
                    I had this problem too but on my pick up truck that i wrecked. Replaced it with one from MOOG for 15 bucks and all was well afterwards.

Comment

Ya it might be a bearing. They tend to hum and vibrate when your driving. Especially at a certain speed.

The start of something good

Comment

bushings in the front sway bar where gone. I thought it was a big problem. It only 30 bucks
                        To fix.
                        To elaborate on this a little bit, the sway bar will twist when the suspension travels, and if the bushings are dried up the sway bar will put stress on the linkage. This can ultimately wear the sway bar ends and the link bolt down. With no bushings/extra travel, you will hear the sway bar clanking up and down on the linkage.

The car will pull when accelerating or braking heavily if the front stabilizer bar bushings are bad. The stabilizer bar is the one that runs from your lower control arm to the front crossmember. Sometimes you can simply tighten the bolt to eliminate play, but replacing the bushings is rather easy and inexpensive.

Just a little info to help people in the future. Enjoy.

Comment

Upper control arms go bad pretty frequently, either the ball joint or the arm bushings.. If the ball joint boot is tore, replace it. Grab the top of the tire and push and pull it as hard as possible. If it moves replace it.
                          wat?

Comment

Working...
                          X