Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Thinking about getting a P12 ECU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's because people read bits and pieces of other threads, and then they think they need a P06 or P28... without knowing a damn thing about them.

The P12 is the only worthwhile "plug it in and forget it" ECU you can put on an F22A1. The PT6 is only good if you have the proper F22A6 parts added, or else you won't be getting the full benefit, and will probably just run rich.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
      It's because people read bits and pieces of other threads, and then they think they need a P06 or P28... without knowing a damn thing about them.

The P12 is the only worthwhile "plug it in and forget it" ECU you can put on an F22A1. The PT6 is only good if you have the proper F22A6 parts added, or else you won't be getting the full benefit, and will probably just run rich.
      x2.

I had a PT6 in my car in preparation for the A6 dual runner intake manifold and ended up removing it for a standard PT3 because the car actually didn't run as well with the PT6. I found it to be especially lacking in the higher RPM range, especially at the point where the dual runners would open up. The ECU dumped more fuel into the car and there was no increased airflow to compensate for it.

I made a thread a long time ago comparing the motors and the power output and what not, as I had gone to www.hondaautomotiveparts.com and compared all their stock numbers on various engine parts among all 3 motors.

Comment

yay!!!

i got a mt and i placed a bid on ebay for a autp p12 not thinkin, for 10 bucks, and i won!

then i got to thikinin, oh noes will it work for the 5 speed and thanks to my fav site EVER i know it will

w00t w00t i was scurred for a second
        90 accord coupe-f22a4
        jdm accord inspire emblem, jdm cb3 sidemarkers, black bumper and amber corner lenses, 92/93 trunk swap with red/clear tails, ebay muffler, sri, p12 ecu, clock from a 95 gs-r(amber diy soon maybe), da teg headrests, almost too low drop on no name springs with aftermarket struts =] (dont hate, im poor!)
        r.i.p 91 coupe r.i.p 90 4dr r.i.p 88hondalegend c27a1 5 SP!

i <3 my cb7

www.myspace.com/eryeryerr

Comment

so if i change to the dual runner intake will i have to change to the p12?

Comment

Originally posted by ..gzagenius View Post
            yay!!!

i got a mt and i placed a bid on ebay for a autp p12 not thinkin, for 10 bucks, and i won!

then i got to thikinin, oh noes will it work for the 5 speed and thanks to my fav site EVER i know it will

w00t w00t i was scurred for a second
            excellent pick up, that sounds like a better deal than I got for mine

To the OP, any p12 should work be it auto or manual. I run one from an auto prelude in my 5spd with nary an issue.
            "I'm a dude playing a dude, disguised as another dude"
            "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Romans 10:9
            ><((((º>

Comment

Originally posted by 4thgen2door View Post
              so if i change to the dual runner intake will i have to change to the p12?
              The P12 does NOT operate the IAB (dual runner) system. If you add the A6 or H23 intake manifold, you won't want to use the P12. You'll want a PT6 in that case.

Comment

i got a 93 accord auto and want to remove the speed limiter. Now I know PT6 has no governor , what about the P12? and which is better Pt6 or P12 for a stock f22 motor. what about a chipped PT6 or P12 with rev limiter to 7200rpm is that safe for a stock motor and auto tranny?

Comment

did the 91 accord come with the f22a1 or f22a4? and where is the ecu located in the accord and preludes,are they both under the drivers side dash?

Comment

Originally posted by 91rusty View Post
                    did the 91 accord come with the f22a1 or f22a4? and where is the ecu located in the accord and preludes,are they both under the drivers side dash?
                    ECU located under the passengers side carpet against the firewall. You can see it located directly under the glove box in this picture:
                    Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

did the 91 accord come with the f22a1 or f22a4?
                      Both. I believe dx and lx were a1, ex was a4.

links to the two most recent p12 threads

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=112127
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=112055

Comment

so if i go to a pick and pull yard it would also be there under the glove box in the prelude right?
                        Sorry to go of topic guys,but whats a IM an TB,where r they located?

Comment

so if i go to a pick and pull yard it would also be there under the glove box in the prelude right?
                          Sorry to go of topic guys,but whats a IM an TB,where r they located?
                          If you can find a Prelude S, and it hasn't been taken, yes.

IM - intake manifold
                          TB - throttle body

Go read the stickies. There you will find enough info to get you started on your quest for more power and there is a thread for commonly used acronyms.

Comment

Hey Deev i gues theres alot of unanswered questions?.....

Hey advise to newcomers, do a lil more research about the ECUs, if your going to read threads read the whole thing no just lil post, yes that means page one to the end!...

P12 ECU comes from a prelude!, under the passenger Dash, the ECU manages the F22A1 engine in the prelude, but the p12 has an amazing 10HP MORE THAN THE F22A1 ECU/pt3 in the Honda ACcord/Cb7.

Pt6 ECU comes from an Accord!, also under the passengers dash, the ECU manages the F22A6 engine in the Honda accord, the pt6 works fine and way better with the following, A6 Cam, A6 Intake manifold, A6 headers....the A6 Intake manifold has Runners so you need an Pt6 for that particular part, the p12 won't run it correct me if I'm wrong?...

now, the pt6 will be useless with out an A6 cam because you need the cam to balance fuel and the Intake manifold to run the runners otherwise you'll be rolling rich In other words BURNING FUEL IN THE QUICKNESS!....

you can use both either the Pt6(F22A6 ECU) or P12(F22A1 ECU) in your honda accord 90' 91' 92' 93!....and for the TCU(transmission computer module/unit) CAN be used with the both Pt6 & P12 ECU, i seen Manual TCUs and Auto TCUs, i actually never heard of the fact that MT has no TCU?....but anyways, the 90' 91 accord has Sports mode(higher shift points MODE) the 92' 93 doesn't.....I currently have a TCU AT from a 1995 Honda accord sedan!...it runs great but no sports mode, but i noticed it automaticly shits at/pass redline 6600....so i think that as sports mode,....no damages done though....

so if you have a F22A1 or A4....and want to go with the A6 Intake manifold swap go for Pt6...other wise go for the p12, don't forget the cam for the A6 theres a thread here that shows how to get atleast 30HP for under 500$ out of parts from a prelude or accords A6 engine...and A4 headers have an Extra 5HP in the two other engine A1 & A6...so that combo works fine....

basicly the A6 intake manifold, ECU, CAMSHAFT, headers, and A6 head is really a total F22A6 engine!..i believe the only same thing from all Three engines is the block? correct me if I'm wrong?....

all newcomers should really read b4 doing any swaps....even though you might of came from a different forum and claim to know more....CB7tuner.com is full with alot of informantion, is pretty advanced in details in here I'm pretty sure you guys know this cuz you'll look around and open threads b4 even registering.;...

hope this helps....

i may said somethings that been said...
                            Last edited by turboAccordHSF; 08-14-2008, 02:19 AM.

Originally posted by deevergote
                            .......If they seem smart, and just trying to learn, I'll offer as much help as possible. If they seem stupid and lazy, I'll do my best to piss them off so they leave and never come back... while still answering the question.

Comment

go to the Do It Yourself section. There is a DIY that I made. It is for the P12

Comment

Originally posted by turboAccordHSF View Post
                                Hey Deev i gues theres alot of unanswered questions?.....

Hey advise to newcomers, do a lil more research about the ECUs, if your going to read threads read the whole thing no just lil post, yes that means page one to the end!...

P12 ECU comes from a prelude!, under the passenger Dash, the ECU manages the F22A1 engine in the prelude, but the p12 has an amazing 10HP MORE THAN THE F22A1 ECU/pt3 in the Honda ACcord/Cb7.

Pt6 ECU comes from an Accord!, also under the passengers dash, the ECU manages the F22A6 engine in the Honda accord, the pt6 works fine and way better with the following, A6 Cam, A6 Intake manifold, A6 headers....the A6 Intake manifold has Runners so you need an Pt6 for that particular part, the p12 won't run it correct me if I'm wrong?...

now, the pt6 will be useless with out an A6 cam because you need the cam to balance fuel and the Intake manifold to run the runners otherwise you'll be rolling rich In other words BURNING FUEL IN THE QUICKNESS!....

you can use both either the Pt6(F22A6 ECU) or P12(F22A1 ECU) in your honda accord 90' 91' 92' 93!....and for the TCU(transmission computer module/unit) CAN be used with the both Pt6 & P12 ECU, i seen Manual TCUs and Auto TCUs, i actually never heard of the fact that MT has no TCU?....but anyways, the 90' 91 accord has Sports mode(higher shift points MODE) the 92' 93 doesn't.....I currently have a TCU AT from a 1995 Honda accord sedan!...it runs great but no sports mode, but i noticed it automaticly shits at/pass redline 6600....so i think that as sports mode,....no damages done though....

so if you have a F22A1 or A4....and want to go with the A6 Intake manifold swap go for Pt6...other wise go for the p12, don't forget the cam for the A6 theres a thread here that shows how to get atleast 30HP for under 500$ out of parts from a prelude or accords A6 engine...and A4 headers have an Extra 5HP in the two other engine A1 & A6...so that combo works fine....

basicly the A6 intake manifold, ECU, CAMSHAFT, headers, and A6 head is really a total F22A6 engine!..i believe the only same thing from all Three engines is the block? correct me if I'm wrong?....

all newcomers should really read b4 doing any swaps....even though you might of came from a different forum and claim to know more....CB7tuner.com is full with alot of informantion, is pretty advanced in details in here I'm pretty sure you guys know this cuz you'll look around and open threads b4 even registering.;...

hope this helps....

i may said somethings that been said...
                                About 95% correct... nothing that would seriously misguide anyone. Good job man!

Comment

Working...
                                X