No announcement yet.

which Oxygen Sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any denso 4 wires with male connector will do ?! are you sure ?! ... as for the CEL, it only pops code 41 when I unplug the o2 sensor so the ECU is working properly.

Comment

Originally posted by XCRN View Post
      I think the reason why the second is not working is that it is a junkyard sensor.

Are the boarder fees that bad? I know shipping is slightly more from the US.

But I ordered a Denso for mine and the manufacture number at least for US markets is 234-4095.
      This what I told the guy at the junkyard when you encounter a denso with 234-4095, save it for me.

if not then I will buy it new and pay the damn customs.
      Last edited by EsperHamid; 05-08-2014, 02:19 PM.

Comment

take your VIN and have it verified at a parts store. We do it at Advance Auto and can tell you exactly what it takes. There are probably a couple websites online thatll do the same.

Comment

alright I just removed the NTK from my exhaust and it says: OZA245-H4, is it a compatible O2 sensor ?! also it didn't have a connector, so the guy at the yard put a connector but I don't know if he got them right since the wire colors are different from Denso, this one has WHITE / WHITE / GRAY / BLACK.

I have the image of the connector where BLACK/BLACK/GREEN/WHITE go, can anyone help me match the color to check if he got the wiring right ?!

Comment

My Denso had different colored wires than the one I took out, as long as there are 4 wires and the plugs are the same it should work assuming it is in working condition. Take that number and email the manufacturer about the compatibility.

Splicing the oxygen sensor wires is a bad idea, remember it can only accurately tell the ECU if the resistance is right so the NTK you have now with a different plug on it will probably not work.
            Last edited by XCRN; 05-09-2014, 02:54 AM.
            Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

Originally posted by XCRN View Post
              My Denso had different colored wires than the one I took out, as long as there are 4 wires and the plugs are the same it should work assuming it is in working condition. Take that number and email the manufacturer about the compatibility.

Splicing the oxygen sensor wires is a bad idea, remember it can only accurately tell the ECU if the resistance is right so the NTK you have now with a different plug on it will probably not work.
              This NTK was from the junk yard and it had had the 4 metallic pin but no plastic connector chassis, the guy there removed a chassis from another (065500 Denso ) sensor and put it for the NTK and gave it to me, so it is not spliced and the connector is correct.

From ebay, the compatible NTK would be OZA245-H1 or 24169 as state by NGK website.

But anyway, I think the wiring are correct cause I checked pics from ebay and I check the wire harness where the O2 connect to and it is correct, YEL/BLK connects to BLK, ORG/BLK connects to BLK, WHITE/GRN connects to GRN and WHT connects to WHT
              Last edited by EsperHamid; 05-09-2014, 04:30 AM.

Comment

Update:

Update: I interchanged the black wires location on the connector on both my original denso O2 sensor and the NTK I got from the junk yard and tried both O2 sensors. No change in behavior of both.

I recently changed my EGR valve because I was getting code 12 and the code disappeared also EGR passages have been cleaned thoroughly last year.
                So started looking into other locations as XCRN mentioned, I interchanged the wires of the EGR SOLENOID in the Black Box hoping to see any mpg change or expecting a CEL to pop, surprisingly nothing happened even though I drove 22 Km on the highway @ 90km/55miles, no CEL nothing, did the same for the Emission solenoid, the YELLOW/ORANGE solenoid also nothing happened, isn't it weird ?!

I asked someone and he told me, your car must do 180 Km per 20 Liter, and since our CB7 has a 67 liter / 17 gallon capacity it should do from full to empty about 603 Km, is he right ?
                Last edited by EsperHamid; 05-09-2014, 12:07 PM.

Comment

600 km is about right. I am almost thinking a clogged catalytic converter could be the culprit.

Comment

I have no catalytic converter

Comment

Then I have no idea, only thing I could suggest is do a tune-up such as spark plugs, wires, fuel filter, fluids and hope that fixes the MPG or in your case km/L.

Try resetting the ECU and then get what codes are popping up now.

Comment

I did all these already that's how I reached the o2 sensor, thx for sticking up so far, I'll keep playing with stuff until I get it done.

I get no CELs whatsoever, could be the fuel pump ? could be ECT sensor ? head gasket ? radiator cap as when I climb a steep mountainous road like 55 degrees, I see some coolant seeping from the cap.
                        Last edited by EsperHamid; 05-10-2014, 12:21 AM.

Comment

Unfortunately I have reached the end of my knowledge of the subject at hand, so all I can say is tinker some more. Well best of luck to you, it seems like running no oxygen sensor would be best for now.

But one more thing I can think of before I become useless is possibly there is something wrong with the engine harness for the sensor, for example it may have gotten knicked and is giving bad readings.

Comment

negative, I have checked the harness and last year I have changed the tape and protective plastic for all the engine harness and did it very carefully.
                            One thing, I need to mention though concerning wires, is that my ECT sensor and ECT fan switches connectors cracked, so I had to buy replacements and soldered them then protected them with a rubber shield, I don't know if this has anything to do with it.

Just a dumb question though,does anyone know if LIMP MODE gets good MPG ? has anyone tried to drive in Limp mode from Full to Empty ? or even a half tank to empty ?

If it does, is it possible to mod CB7 to work in limp mode let's say in mostly city driving ? where traffic is persistent most of the time ?

Comment

So i know this is an old post but when reading it sort of confirmed my suspicions that a 92 accord ex can have a bad o2 sensor and not give a cel. I am going thru what you are or were. My car has been tuned up to the max and egr cleaned and car runs and idles great. But crappy gas mileage. The only thing i haven't cleaned,fixed or replaced is the o2 sensor but i just assumed if that thing malfunctioned in any way i would get a cel. Anyways am curious if u ever fixed your gas mileage issue and what was it?
                              btw... About the only thing i haven't replaced is the fuel pump.
                              Last edited by zedjr10; 06-23-2017, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X