Ws2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ws2

I purcahsed a WS2 exhaust and I installed my exhaust today and I have an issue, there is a part of the exhaust in the middle that hangs way to low its like 1'' from the ground. Here is a pic I took with my cell, I did use the old rubber hangers so I dont know if thats why, it just seems like its to heavy and is leaning down. I will go but some new hangers tomorrow and install them and see if that helps. Any other suggestions on how to fix this? Thanks

one of your pipes is upside down.

Comment

Originally posted by jdmwannabee View Post
      one of your pipes is upside down.
      How is it upside down? Don't they only go one way?

Comment

yeah your hangers are old and tired...I had this happen when I installed my RSR. Its a pretty HEAVY exhaust, the muffler itself is about 20" long (RSR), so that could be why. I know the Apexi is a rather quiet exhaust too, meaning more muffler/resonators in the catback.

My old rubber hanger stretched about a good 1/2 to 3/4 inch compared to the new one. Or you could always get shorter hangers and tuck it up that way.

member's ride thread
        93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
        99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
        91 Accord SE 176k
        97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Thats normal for the ws2 exhaust. The resonator hangs low.

Comment

That my friend is the sacrifice for such a quiet exhaust.

Now, what I did is get new rubber for the hangers AND have a muffler shop shorten your OE hangers to tuck it up closer to the bottom of the car.

The shop I went to, cut the pipe just before the resonator and re-welded it at an angle.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
            JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

I went to Home Depot and brought some metal wires, while pushing the resonator up I wrapped the wire around the resonator and the heat shield . So far it hold pretty good for couple of years now.

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

yea man that thing is begging for a dent but the ws2 is a really clean looking exhaust though not to big and not to small

Comment

would polyurethane exhaust hangers help?

MY CB7

FULL part out thread:
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=204494

Comment

I tried changing the hangers today to some better ones and still its to low. hopefully when I install my new Koni shocks it raises up a little, I would hate to dent the exhaust.

Comment

You wont dent it, rather scrape the shit out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by jimy View Post
                        Thats normal for the ws2 exhaust. The resonator hangs low.

Damn Jimy that ish is clean.

That is one of the mods i really regret not doing before selling my Cb.

WS2....so sweet sounding.

Comment

Working...
                        X