Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Do It Yourself: Stereo Removal/Installation.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DA92CB7
    depends single dins need a dash kit or you have to sorta modify the oem lower tray to fit to your radio. I just used electrical tape to secure mine hahahaha, but on double din radios you dont need a kit because it just fills up the whole space you just make sure the cage is mounted securly and bam pop it in and youre done.
    well i have an old kenwood from a friend...and its just its own din...plus when my buddy told me wat could happen with out one i told him well then ima put electrical tape then so it won't happen and i wanna go that path..kuzz it will save me money so all i needed to hear is that that will work
    ~CB7 Phoenix~

(picture missing help me get a new one )

The California White Tux
    *and its alive!! hahaha*
    *under construction*M.R.T: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1689652 *changes soon to take over*

Comment

clean write up, good stuff, and see not hard to do, don't pay the car audioshops that extra $ for some easy work
      Last edited by JoshM; 10-07-2010, 12:57 AM. Reason: deleted ENTIRE first post quote
      Newcummer

Comment

no pay the stereo shops the extra money if your not gonna do it right. if you dont pay stereo shops I dont get paychecks.

Member Ride Facebook
        XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
        SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
        For Sale Thread

Comment

Originally posted by UrDoneSRH
          no pay the stereo shops the extra money if your not gonna do it right. if you dont pay stereo shops I dont get paychecks.
          hahaha yeah ok i am going to pay sum 1 to do it thanks
          ~CB7 Phoenix~

The California White Tux
          *and its alive!! hahaha*
          *under construction*M.R.T: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1689652 *changes soon to take over*

Comment

how do i take out the pocket (dashkit) that holds the aftermarket radio? do i just pull it out or do i follow these steps

Comment

yeah ive had my sterreo stollen a couple times a double din 6.5 monitor and all and now it seems that the plastic casing around the sterreo including the piece that goes around the cluster has a crack does anyone know where ican get one of those ? dnt really hve time to go to a junk yard hopefully someone can snd me either a private note or reply in here

..."CLASSIK"-CB790 ex... {UNDEFINED}My Classy but Sick (Classik) Black on Black Members Ride Thread

Comment

thanx man!! Ill get on it after my girl finishes her Pabst!![IMG] http://images33.fotki.com/v1118/phot...goodone-vi.jpg [/IMG]
                Last edited by angus67; 03-22-2008, 01:30 AM. Reason: no pic
                you'll love my nuts!

Comment

THIS IS A GREAT WRITE UP MAN
                  MAYBE YOU CAN DO AN AMP INSTALL NEXT
                  "thats where i saw the leprechaun, He told me to burn things"

Comment

okay i want to do this but i got a quick question do i need a factory code for my ecu to enter in after i disconnect my battery b/c i heard if u dont do that code ur shits gets screwed up and nothing will work..??? i dk if this is true my buddy could just be f'n with my head b/c i have never heard of that and neither has my dad b/c he has replaced battries before and never had to do this
                    thanks,
                    ~NAS~
                    ~CB7 Phoenix~

The California White Tux
                    *and its alive!! hahaha*

Comment

I needed a code when I removed my battery so I needed to remove the radio to get the serial number to give to dealership to get the code back. It was a crappy day and no radio for 3 days.
                      ...cuz i got the hots for timmy0tool 1992 Accord EX

Comment

Originally posted by tabasco
                        I needed a code when I removed my battery so I needed to remove the radio to get the serial number to give to dealership to get the code back. It was a crappy day and no radio for 3 days.
                        hah well i decided not to mess with this and took it in and whats halerious is that the guy never even had to touch the battery he just did the steps to remove the stock radio and put in the new one.....wish i would have known this it would have saved me $$$ especiallly on top of that he didn't have to strip any wires i think?? the kit he had just had to be splice connected?? and then the dask kit just poped in after he put the din sleeve in and poked the holes u have to poke in...the radio with the din snap in and he just rebolted everything back
                        ~CB7 Phoenix~

The California White Tux
                        *and its alive!! hahaha*

Comment

You only need the code if you have a stock deck and remove the battery.The code goes into the stock deck not the ecu. If your installing an aftermarket radio your installing a new deck so no code is needed.
                          Sorry to hear that you had to pay for install nas92

Comment

Originally posted by Chino10460
                            You only need the code if you have a stock deck and remove the battery.The code goes into the stock deck not the ecu. If your installing an aftermarket radio your installing a new deck so no code is needed.
                            Sorry to here that you had to pay nas92
                            haha thanx yeah atleast a pro did it so it wouldn't take too long having it done but it was all my fathers idea of taking it in then i told him how simple it was and he told me atleast if something is wrong he'll fix it with your warrenty...but i kno truely it was a waste it was tooo easy
                            ~CB7 Phoenix~

The California White Tux
                            *and its alive!! hahaha*

Comment

How does the new deck stay in place. There is no mounts for my car.

Comment

dash kit takes care of it for u
                                ~CB7 Phoenix~

The California White Tux
                                *and its alive!! hahaha*

Comment

Working...
                                X