Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Do It Yourself: Stereo Removal/Installation.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone know how to assemble the walmart dash kit? the instructions are vague as he** and Im lost on how to put it together. lol

Also, I cant seem to get my shifter console out I can move it back some but mines not like the OP I have another piece that goes back under the arm rest (Ive got a 92 4 door) I started on it but got confused. I'll take my laptop out to the car tomorrow and do it step by step!

Comment

Originally posted by MyDianaZ06 View Post
      Because of THIS thread I became a member...

When I got my cb (at the time it was just a accord) it didnt come with a radio at all and I was clueless of how to install an aftermarket radio with out any screws around the radio/pocket trim. Usaully my other rides like my iroc, explore, 05 accord and stratus were very self explanatory to remove and insall radios. My cb lead me to the internet to search somewhere how to do this...which lead me to CB7Tuner.com and has now became one of my faverite thing to do! especially in need of segguestion.

Well my first radio, which i have in now, in my cb is this bad ass avic n1 (pioneer flip out w/navi)...well the thought of having a bad ass radio changed quickly after getting enough posts to search in the For Sale threads I say THE Bad Ass thing ever...oem cell phone unit which requires to use an oem radio (Ima use a cd player of course lol). CAINT WAIT TO INSTALL'EM NEXT WEEK!
      so to say the least... thax npor!
      Sweet! That's great to hear, I'm glad my 2-3 year old DIY still sparks fire! It sounds like you got yourself a badass setup. Make a members ride and post some pictures when you're done! I'm sure you've already noticed, but just in case you haven't noticed, EVERY single question about cb7's has been asked and answered on these forums. TONS of information here, so if you ever get lost you've got a ton of guys behind you ready to help you figure it out. I haven't had an accord for 2 years, but I'm still around!

Originally posted by FreQ13 View Post
      anyone know how to assemble the walmart dash kit? the instructions are vague as he** and Im lost on how to put it together. lol

Also, I cant seem to get my shifter console out I can move it back some but mines not like the OP I have another piece that goes back under the arm rest (Ive got a 92 4 door) I started on it but got confused. I'll take my laptop out to the car tomorrow and do it step by step!

I know this reponse is a few days late, but better late than never. To be honest bud...mine were vague as anything too. I just kind of stepped back and took a look at what was given to me, and tried to make it work as best as I can. I'm sure I did it right, it held in tight with no problems!
      Last edited by npor; 04-28-2009, 12:19 AM.

Comment

alright so i have this kenwood deck i installed not too long ago i connected all the colors accordingly but then it would shut off once i turned it up louder and i searched up on the site and i tried switching the red and yellow wires and i can turn it up now, BUT now everytime i turn my car off the deck like totally resets. anybody got any idea?

Comment

put this in the DIY section

They rise their wooden pints and they yoik and sing
          And they fight and dance 'till the morning

Dont forget my MRT for my 1992 Honda Accord LX

Originally posted by deevergote
          Everything in Japan is made with carbon fiber and used panties.

Comment

Originally posted by Bad_dude View Post
            I installed my stereo, the Sony Xplode MP3 player a while ago. Everything went fine. However, today I noticed the black trim around my headunit is cracked from the top to bottom. It looks like some one is trying to pry the unit out. Also last week I found bent screwdriver below my car and I was wondering what that was about. I am wondering if some one was really trying to take my headunit? I don't see any sign of forced entry on the doors nor locks. My car does not have an alarm but just the Club on the steering wheel. Could this be just crack from the heat and age of time?
            My car is a 1990 Accord LX Automatic.
            DIN sleeve FTW

Comment

Originally posted by seebeeseven View Post
              alright so i have this kenwood deck i installed not too long ago i connected all the colors accordingly but then it would shut off once i turned it up louder and i searched up on the site and i tried switching the red and yellow wires and i can turn it up now, BUT now everytime i turn my car off the deck like totally resets. anybody got any idea?
              Well I know that the reason your radio resets everytime you turn off your ignition is because you switched the red and yellow wires (thats a giving). But as far as your radio turning off every time you turn the radio up might be due to a wrong fure. Theres a fuse behind the radio, check it to make sure its 10amps (most a/m radios are) and if it is a 10amp fuse, check the fuse boxs (one on your kick panel on your driver side and one under the hood) If both are 10amp then its probably your radio. To check this, find another a/m radio and connect it and see if it does the same thing. if not, then you have a bad radio, if so....then I have no clue! lol goodluck and let us know whats up!

Comment

Originally posted by J3wman View Post
                put this in the DIY section
                I made this thread over two years ago, and there was one in the DIY section. I made another thread in this section, which was stickied until just recently. It's fine where it is.

Comment

yeah i hate how there are 2 hidden screws. toke me forever to find them the first time but once i did everything else was very simple.

good thread

Comment

Good deal.

Comment

Nice job man looks good. Great how to write-up My radio should be interesting. Two front speakers and that's about it. I'll be starting my build thread soon.

Comment

great write up!!

1990 Accord LX Sedan~Sold
                        1993 Accord EX Sedan~Sold
                        1995 Suzuki GSX-R 750~Totaled

Comment

wow thanks for taking the time out for making this post, the info was good now i know exctly what to do. umm what type of pioneer headunit is that?

Comment

Great write up. Now, it seems like there no write up to how to tightly secure the head unit in other then put the install kit in then the mounting sleeve. I really want to secure the HU in like the original cassette player but no room to put my hands in there to screw the mounting kit to the back.

Comment

i qot a crappy cd in and im workin my way on a new sound system can i keep the same sleeve that i qot ?

Comment

we got the same radio!
                                One mans turd is anothers golden nugget

Comment

Working...
                                X