Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Do It Yourself: Stereo Removal/Installation.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thnks

Comment

Originally posted by npor View Post
      Step Six. (REVISED)

This is where that SOLDERING IRON, wire stripper, ROSIN CORE SOLDER and HEAT SHRINK come in handy.
      If you haven't already wired up the wire harness that goes from your new stereo, to your stock connections....

do that now.

for me, i matched everything up color to color, worked fine.

I figured I'd revise that little tidbit. While splice connectors work and get the job done in an alright/okay fashion, soldering in my opinion is WAY better. To me it's safer, looks cleaner and definitely provides a better electrical connection. Even if you're a beginner at soldering, watch a few youtube-how-to's and practice a bit.

Comment

this is a bad a D.i.Y i booked marked this lol. .. . now im going to try to convince my homegurls sister to give me one of the two head units she got in her trunk lol

Comment

not bad I should make a DIY on wiring a 4channel amp for your door speakers which should be your next step
          93 ex sedan
          automatic

Comment

I'm planning on installing my new Sony head unit, but at the same time want retain my oem tape deck/radio. Is it possible to have both units installed on the dash? There appears to be enough room on the lower empty (oem) slot.
            Original-Owner 1991 Honda Accord
            2005 Acura TSX 6MT
            2010 Mazda Miata Grand Touring

Comment

I don't see why not. There may be something on the back of the OEM radio/tapedeck that sticks down to secure it....

Otherwise I don't see why it wouldn't work.

I haven't touched an accord stero in...well, when was this thread created?

Comment

Originally posted by OldSchoolCB7Fan View Post
                clean write up, good stuff, and see not hard to do, don't pay the car audioshops that extra $ for some easy work

Yeah but some of us are lazee lol so we pay for the extra $$ for installation or buy it at the audioshop and they do free installation sometime.

Comment

Originally posted by MarX Halvick View Post
                  Hi guys, when I bought my cb7, there was already an aftermarket radio. To remove it, i just had to pull it and it came off. I changed it, wired my new one and it doesnt fit in the hole. It doesnt penetrate well :P.

You can click on the picture to zoom it.

Can I screw it from somewhere so that the thieves can't take it off easily ?

Damn whoever installed that sucked badly on it lol and your car is dirty too lol

Comment

nice diy big time
                    1992 Accord Cb7:

Comment

You make that look so easy!
                      I had to measure and make a custom alloy bracket to stick to the head unit housing..
                      Similar headunit to mine also!
                      Built & Boosted.

Comment

simple and very helpful great diy

CALI LIFE STYLE
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=145883

Comment

Top for the knowledge.

Comment

great write up. actually pretty useful since thats usually the first thing i see people going for when they first get the car.

Comment

Great write up! This should be posted in the DIY section as well, and be considered for a sticky.

This would be a great sticky just because so many guys have trouble, it seems, with just getting the stock radio out.
                              R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

Comment

It was originally posted in the DIY section, then copied over here as well.

It also was originally a sticky, but someone decided to unsticky it and instead put a link into the FAQ thread of this section. Which doesn't make sense to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X