Some quick relationship advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some quick relationship advice

People who know who I am: Please do not share it here.

I'm been with my first ever girlfriend for almost 2 years.
    Our "honeymoon" phase is over, and now we get pissed at each other more often.
    Because of my personality, every time we argue I consider it to be the end.
    However, her wild mood swings lead me to believe she is bi-polar.

More and more often, she's mentioned "break periods", where we take a break from each other.
    Our past relationship convos make this an impossibility. Any breakup is viewed
    as final and the relationship irreparable.

Today alone, she's mentioned it twice. This past time, with much more force
    and gravity then before.
    I don't really want to lose her, but she's increasingly hinting at it.

I feel like I should also note that we've been drinking quite a bit today, and usually when she has these episodes.

Advice?
    MRT
    37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
    30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
    27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
    Originally posted by Tippey764
    I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
    Originally posted by deevergote
    sneaky motherfucker

Without prying too much, what do you fight about?
    MRT http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=202004
    1992 Accord EX(Canadian)Seattle Silver sedan

Comment

Most girls/women wanting a break already has someone else in mind if not already cheating.

Now with that said I have been married for 9 years and together for 11 years. Every couple has it's arguments and disagreements. My wife didn't like my street racing and car projects ever and that often lead to us fighting on occasion. We always worked it out though. Bottom line is if you you want to be together you have to work it out. It sounds like she wants out of the relationship though but doesn't want to seem like the bad guy and is pushing for you to end it so she doesn't feel guilty about what happens next.

I am no expert though and not every situation is the same so it all comes down to what you and her can work out between yourselves.

EDIT: Oh and on the mood swings bit that is called a woman's personality lol. Unless she is already diagnosed as bipolar it isn't likely that she is. I have had crazy girlfriends that have used the bipolar excuse though whenever they would get all crazy because there is nothing a guy can say really to argue the point. It is a medical condition and I can't help it usually leaves us without any way to fight back.
      Last edited by trickedaccord92; 07-05-2013, 12:28 AM.

Comment

Is it just in arguments when breaking up is discussed or any other time? A lot of times when that is thrown out it is to just get a reaction from the other person to see if they really care. However, it's pretty damaging and makes it hard to invest in the relationship. If things are typically worse when drinking, don't drink. I would also recommend going to counseling.

Comment

Pitb.....<thread

Comment

[QUOTE=trickedaccord92;3152979]Most girls/women wanting a break already has someone else in mind if not already cheating.

I have to agree with this x2

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194049

Comment

Drinking is for sure NOT helping the situation. However, IMO, if shes bringing it up with such regularity then mentally she's already there and just wants your agreement. If you are not in agreement then she's eventually going to do as she pleases anyways. Either way, sounds as though she's already made her decision.

That being said, this is relationship advice being distributed on an automotive forum so the quality of it may be suspect.

Members Ride Thread - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=121452

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
              dustin, you are a dick!

officially the lowest ive seen now

Comment

Read the OP, didn't read the rest. Sorry if this has been repeated.

Geoff, dude, shes one foot out the door on you man. Girls like this are looking for confirmation of one thing or another-and it sounds like she is flirting with the idea of moving on. Shes getting comfortable talking about it so its easier for her to wrap her head around.

Sorry man, it sounds like you guys have been together for a while which usually = hurt feelings when it all ends.

My opinion;

Don't take it personal. Im sure you have grown a lot as a person in the same timeframe, and probably don't have the EXACT same personality now either. People DO grow apart, and, its hard to know when to call it good and walk away. So, people tend to drag it out till hard feelings are the reason to seperate, not the fact that your instinctual gut says you want to leave.

If you instinctually aren't happy, it shouldn't= fighting all the time and shit. If you are not happy, act on that.

Don't allow fighting to get out of control so THAT THE FIGHTING creates your excuse-WHICH IS EXACTLY WHAT YOUR GIRLFRIEND IS DOING.

Just sayin.
                Originally posted by wed3k
                im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

sorry bro, its not going to work out. I've had plenty of bad relationships, but my current GF is the best. We've been together 3+ years, been living together for 2. We never fight, maybe once in a blue moon about something stupid, but it's resolved quickly.

A relationship where you are constantly at each others throats is a bad one, just get out, you'll be better without it. I've been there, I'm sure many of us have been.
                  1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

^^ If you can relate your relationship to any part of the video, run for the hills.
                    Last edited by cloudasc; 07-07-2013, 10:14 PM.
                    PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

I've learned two things in life:

1. If a woman is threatening to take a break, usually it means theres someone else she would like to 'try her luck' with. Most likely she hasn't actually touched anybody yet or there would be less threats and more shadiness.

2. Smile and nod. If she's wrong, let her be wrong. If you are in trouble and you believe you are right, you are wrong. Smile and nod. Let her believe she is winning at any and all costs. She will blow her steam and you will move on together. Fighting a woman is impossible, so rather than lose a fight, just lose without fighting and win in the end.

My Cars: 2006 Ford Freestyle - 1990 Accord EX - 2001 Accord EXV6 Coupe - 1967 Impala "Metallicar" (for the wife)

Comment

[QUOTE=trickedaccord92;3152979]Most girls/women wanting a break already has someone else in mind if not already cheating.

BINGO!!!!
                        BLOOD ON THE LEAVES

Comment

Women cheat . Sorry to be so bblunt. Have some confidence in yourself. Next time she threatens you, don't be a Lil bitch. Call her bluff. And if she does leave you well fuck her then. People argue all the time and if an argument is all it takes for her to give up everything then leave her. And besides she's your first! Aren't you dying to try sumone new??? Dude buy you some nice clothes, start hitting the gym, maybe some dope tattooos, build your confidence, hit the strip club with your boys and have the muthafuckin time of your life. Suck it up big boy
                          BLOOD ON THE LEAVES

Comment

my question is, how old are you?

i'm assuming you probably between 18 & 22, if so just move on. if it can be worked out then do so, but if you've been arguing for months then let it go. TIME is one thing you can get back so there is no sense in wasting it if theres a situation that has no good result. give a month or so and if it doesnt improve then move on. if it was meant to be she will come back in the future.
                            FRIENDS
                            DONT LET
                            FRIENDS
                            ROLL ON
                            ROTA'S

Comment

First off mugen you can never get time back, 2nd it doesn't matter what age he is, just BC your 40 it doesn't mean you HAVE stay with a cheating wife/gf. And its not as simple as " hey u guys are arguing? OK leave the women that you been with for a minute" Not to mention that's his first. You know the first is the hardest to get over. After that tho, hell b G
                              BLOOD ON THE LEAVES

Comment

Working...
                              X