Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

93 accord doesnt blow strong heat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

93 accord doesnt blow strong heat

Hi ,i hope im in the beginner section...Any body know why my 93 accord se doesnt blow strong heat?I've change the radiator,thermostat,flush the coolant syatem but i only get heat if i turn it up to #4

right section but wrong sub section.
    but i will help you out.your blower motor is going out it needs to be changed.it is under the dash and kinda hard to work with.if you dont know how to really wrench on a car id suggest taking it to a shop.

my new turbo build

Comment

Is the fan blowing air? If no, then your blower motor is prob going bad. If it is blowing but the air is cool/cold? If so, then with the motor running at operating temperature and the heat on, open the hood and look on the firewall where the heater hose comes out the firewall. There is a valve there on the hose. Grab it and move it back or forward (cant remember which direction). Then check for warm air.

That valve opens to allow hot water into the heater core which is what warms the air in the cabin.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178069

Comment

The knob for the temperature adjustment on the controls might be broken. I've had that happen to me at least twice.
        PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Originally posted by cloudasc View Post
          The knob for the temperature adjustment on the controls might be broken. I've had that happen to me at least twice.
          Indeed, it's a well known common problem. The knob should click as you turn it. If it does not, you can pull it straight out and replace it.

To ensure the system is working if the blower motor blows: Pop and prop the hood; toward the rear of the engine bay, behind the engine and near the center of the firewall, there should be a hose with a valve in it. The valve is like a simple butterfly valve with a lever coming off of it, and from that lever there should be a cable attached. Make sure the lever turns smoothly and freely; it's possible for this to corrode and seize, causing the knob to break.

Comment

Would a coolant flush help?

Comment

it could. might be clogged
              visit vgruk

Comment

I wonder if the OP will come back to answer all these questions and suggestions and update on a fix.

Good job all of you guys on suggestions... I couldn't think of any more suggestions myself... I'm gonna +rep you all.

Comment

i recently had this happen at first I thought it was the temperature control underhood that was stuck so I manually flipped it to full heat where it stayed for a couple weeks until I went over a speedbump and the knob fell off in the floor I looked at it and saw it was cracked so after a quick trip to autozone I was back in full control of my heater

Comment

happy new year to all..Sorry about the long delay regarding all your suggestions,i was a little busy with the kids for the holidays. I've read over all the comments and i can tell you what i have had done.
                    I've had a coolant flush,changed two entire blower motor boxes,checked the firewall to move the valve back and forth.
                    @ alan lx...yes it blows air,but very weak unless i turn it to number 4 which i read isnt too good too do either.
                    Im not too sure what else to do

Comment

Check the voltage going to the blower motor.

Comment

Originally posted by stunna View Post
                        happy new year to all..Sorry about the long delay regarding all your suggestions,i was a little busy with the kids for the holidays. I've read over all the comments and i can tell you what i have had done.
                        I've had a coolant flush,changed two entire blower motor boxes,checked the firewall to move the valve back and forth.
                        @ alan lx...yes it blows air,but very weak unless i turn it to number 4 which i read isnt too good too do either.
                        Im not too sure what else to do
                        Sounds like your problem is with the blower motor resistor.
                        PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

thanks I'll check that out and let you know how it is

Comment

could be air trapped in the heater core, after your flush etc, did you fill the rad, the overflow bottle to the line, close it up;run it till it was FULLY warmed up, then crack the little bleeder nipple on the back coolant neck, till you get a solid stream. volia. if that doesnt fix things then,
                            1) the heater core is clogged pretty good (try back flushing it, or d/c both hoses and rig them to stand vertical, then pour in vinegar and let it sit overnight and flush)
                            2)your head gasket is going out and exhaust gasses are getting into the coolant system, then air locking the heater core.
                            good luck

Comment

Sounds like your problem is with the blower motor resistor.
                              first he needs some heat to blow

Comment

Working...
                              X