This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CO peeps!

Since the last one got closed, lets try again.

Allthough I feel it was closed prematurely, just to keep everyone happy: LEAVE THE DRAMA ELSEWHERE!

Post useful info, respect others, update builds, setup meets, etc.

Lets do this one the right way.....eh?
    '92 h22 CBMRT-->http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158641

UNICORNS=donkeys with plungers stuck to their faces...

right on agreed i guess i wont talk anymore shit lol

current cb 93 10th ann. edition

member ride thread >>> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...73#post3257973

Comment

Wow, I missed a lot in a week or two.
      Some of the things I just finished:
      -new rear d/s rotors and ceramic pads
      -new thermostat
      -new fuel filter
      - new Gates alt belt
      -A/C system delete done!
      - LEDs inside and out w/ solid state flasher
      Got her all tuned up and runnin great!

Comment

The next time I see anything like that from this crowd, people are getting banned permanently. I was only aware of the bullshit that went down in that other thread this time around because I was watching it because of the LAST time it happened!

I've already been bitched out about locking that thread, told that i was being unfair, and now criticized AGAIN in this thread... so yeah, thanks guys. I'll be sure to run it by you next time I want to make a decision on how my forum is run!

Comment

Wow, that kinda thing happened before this recent topcop/turbo90 business?! Hmm.

Anyhoo, in response to the last question in the closed thread...

My current CB status is that the car is still parked, as it has been since the end of August. It was running really rough and I don't feel like putting money into fixing it. My back's been killing me the last month, I hope it's not down to all the biking I've been doing. I think I need something bigger than a BMX, and those new-ish 'freeride' mountain bikes look like fun. Small enough to screw around on like a BMX, but tough enough to take more abuse. But I digress. All the parts for my H-swap are ready and waiting for install (still waiting on the mounts to ship, but I've been in contact with ESP), now it's just saving up the money to buy the engine itself. I'm hoping to be able to order it around the end of March. Remote battery terminals from Summit Racing arrived a couple days ago, I should have them installed in the next couple days (no workie!), then I'll try to give the car some exercise and take it around the block.

In the mean time, I'm geeking out on Gran Turismo and The Elder Scrolls. Later.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

As you all know I'm a noob to the regional part of this forum.

Thus I don't have ANY grudges, rivals or otherwise. I agree it's lame we can't just get along. Or at least leave it be, turn the other cheek,.. whatever. I just think it's lame the old thread was shut down because of such a small few messing it up. I'm not even sure WHO the "culprits" are, as I don't really care, being neutral in all this (plus not caring to figure it out).

I DO however find closing that thread, JUST to have this one start up immediately, thus replacing the old one, defeats the point of closing the other one ALL together.

I say, THAT thread lasting just DAYS longer then the year, be re-named Denver 2010, and this thread be re-named Denver 2011. That way new people are not confused about Denver -VS- Co peeps.

As to my car/s,... I just got all new Motor mounts for the new car, but accidentally bought a solid rear mount for an Automatic (mine is Auto, but not solid).

I had to hold off on the transfer of parts from the old car to the new one, because of the motor mount issue. I needed one to be drivable. So I kept driving the old (now actual) "beater". If I can get time off work this weekend I'll make the switch, AND install the mounts. But I can't decide if I should put the hard rear mount in, or remove the actuated one from the coupe and install the hard one there.

I didn't really like my springs before (to low for my speed bumps at 2"F, 1.5"R), But don't have the money to buy the Eibach's yet(1.2"). So I plan to stay at stock ride height until I can buy the right springs for the new car.

and YES yes, it's an Automatic. I have a bad back, and my CB is my commuter car. Clutching on hwy 36 during rush hour, can ruin my entire weekend. So, I drive Automatic. Plus compared to my previous three speed automatics, THIS is one great tranny!

I have pics of my wreck, but can't seem to figure out HOW to post them here. Like I said in the old thread, the worst damage is the twist in the frame. otherwise it just looks like a CB missing the bumper cover, with a wrinkled fender.

Comment

Are we going to keep bitching about it?
              A VERY easy solution to this problem would be to simply remove this part of the regional forums completely. Then there won't be any place to post, lock, or re-post threads.

I'm from New Jersey. The fact that I have to even BE in the Mountain Regional forum is enough to irritate me.

Comment

Use photobucket.com, imageshack.com, etc to host pics.

Compare scars? Rear-ended an Escape doing about 17 last Fall. Munched the radiator support. His rear bumper cost Geico about 2.5 grand.

And now good as new... ish.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

nice looks good considering the damage great job..... I know how hard it is to realign the radiator support if the car was in an accident that's why I ran mine without a grille...could never get it to fit right lol 5speed plus remote start = carnage to a cb hood lol

Comment

WOW! lot of good updates! Good to see we can do more than bitch and whine in CO LOL.

Although I dont have a CB ATM, my new car(DB8)JUST had the clutch crap out last night.....FTL..... Found a competition for dumb cheap, along with an ACT racelite flywheel that ill be throwing on this weekend. Should be a good time... Other than that and an intake, the car is still bone stock, and the more I drive it the more I fall in love with it. Its crazy really....LOL

Ill also be getting the H22 hatch this weekend (other half of the deal with selling my hatch, I got $2700 and the H22 eg hatch that doesnt run). Ill be going through that shortly. Contemplating getting it running, fixing misc issues and flipping it, or simply pulling everything and parting it out.....? Not sure yet, we'll see.

Cyborg! Nice to see ANOTHER CB head that rides! So far (that I know of anyway) that makes 3 of us locals that ride; myself, whitejdm, and you....shweet!

If you're looking for a MTB, check out this site: www.bikesdirect.com

its a discount site, where they sell new model bikes, at WAY below retail. We're talking $1000+ bikes for dumb cheap, i.e. $300-600....

Much better "vibe" in here already.... def diggin it. Dont close it Deev!!

Comment

Yeah we still have yet to shred the knar man lol mybike is in the backseat of my legend getting mad rippin the seats up lol

Comment

I thought I'd shoot a quick video of my F22's hard start problem; the audio's not quite right, but here goes. It chugs like it's trying to start, but rarely makes it. If it does finally start up after a while of cranking, it's fine in the upper RPMs, but stutters real bad and tries to die at anything less than maybe 2.5-3k. Maybe one of you have had a similar issue at one point and know what the likely cause is just by listening? I want to say a really bad misfire, and if it's a quick fix I might drive it some. Unfortunately I know it could be one of a hundred different causes.

Yes I've got the dash pretty stripped, I was working behind it for the tuck.

It's not terribly important, as I'm replacing the motor anyway. The money I'm saving by biking is great, so I'm not looking to pay for more gas... but I've got half a tank!

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Link isnt working for me....

BUT based off your description id say you either have a serious vacuum leak or even worse: jumped timing and a bent valve or few.....

Do a compression test/leakdown test and see what that yeilds. Make sure all your timing marks line up properly as well.

Westside

Comment

Any cels? If not id go with timing

Comment

No CEL. I'll see if I can check timing tomorrow, hopefully my friend still has his gun laying around. Leakdown too probably, I've got a tester and my dad has a compressor.

This is so pointless, but there's a part of me that doesn't want to just 'let it go' without doing something.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Working...
                              X