Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope, I got gyped on the tranny return. Apparently it takes $90 to restock the thing. Then I saw Ronald's header for sale and figured it's not likely I'll find another one, especially for so cheap (240 but needs weld repairs). Even if it's a fake, it's a better deal than a DC/Greddy header, which probably amount to the same, if not a bit less, power gains as the Spoon. And this just gives me another project to keep myself busy with.

But I drove out to Centerra and Andersen's a few times recently and the car coped with the speed and distance very well. I could use some further freshening up of the front suspension, tie-rods and whatnot, but overall the car's proving very reliable lately.
    Last edited by CyborgGT; 09-27-2011, 10:43 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Meet

current cb 93 10th ann. edition

member ride thread >>> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...73#post3257973

Comment

Mmmm, cheeesebuurgerr.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
          Then I saw Ronald's header for sale and figured it's not likely I'll find another one, especially for so cheap (240 but needs weld repairs). Even if it's a fake, it's a better deal than a DC/Greddy header, which probably amount to the same, if not a bit less, power gains as the Spoon. And this just gives me another project to keep myself busy with.
          $240 for a spoon header is almost too good to be true, until I saw the welding repair bit....

Shouldve picked up the KiddRacing unit I had. Out performs all other headers on the market, and is on par gain-wise with the like of Hytch and RMF/etc....not only that, they cost around that as well....

Also, FWIW, the DC's are absolute garbage. you'd be better off simply modifying your factory collector to 2.5", because honestly thats all a DC header is for H's..... The Greddy/trust header on the other hand, shows higher gains than the DC(origional Greddy/trust version, 2pc, pretty hard to find) and also looks/fits better from what I've heard.... Tahts all speculation at this point though.

I do know though, I miss my Hytech rep. That was by far some of the best money I spent on my Accord. Hands down.
          '92 h22 CBMRT-->http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158641

UNICORNS=donkeys with plungers stuck to their faces...

Comment

Yeah, a lot of the aftermarket H headers are worthless until you spend almost a grand. Even the Spoon is just the top portion, bolting to the stock downpipe. My plan is either to enlarge mine to 2.5" or get a spare and modify that one while I collect parts for the rest of the system.

Wanting this setup:

2.5" KTeller stainless, mandrel piping
            1 or 2 Vibrant Ultra Quiet resonators
            Magnaflow dual-tip muffler

Decently quiet with a nice sound, but still flows well. Who makes 2.5 cats that actually work? I've heard Magnaflow's has some kind of problem with its operating temperature.

* Tein S-Techs ordered!
            Last edited by CyborgGT; 09-28-2011, 03:11 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I know random technology makes performance cats supposed to be good stuff

Comment

Tein S-Techs installed. I dont know how long a spring needs to break in, but I am absolutely loving the stance. It feels funny getting in and out of the car though. Just need to space the wheels out so they're almost flush with the fenders and it'll kill. Before/after pics soon. Need an alignment now as well.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Meet

Rip It Up
                  Sold to: nightime25, MyDianaz06, Accord214 and 408cb7

Bought from:Rob_is_Legend, MonoCB7, Fatboy1185, Flatline and busak87

i vouch for my Brothas

Comment

meet
                    Any day but Saturday the 22nd ... nieces' wedding.
                    Take that freek show to the park, maybe the squirrels will care.

Comment

meet/drive i want some fun roads

Comment

I'm a fan of the high peaks. Get take-out lunch near the base and "meet" and eat up top. But my brakes suck.

Anywhere scenic, I need some good photos, lol.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Yeah, a lot of the aftermarket H headers are worthless until you spend almost a grand. Even the Spoon is just the top portion, bolting to the stock downpipe. My plan is either to enlarge mine to 2.5" or get a spare and modify that one while I collect parts for the rest of the system.

Wanting this setup:

2.5" KTeller stainless, mandrel piping
                          1 or 2 Vibrant Ultra Quiet resonators
                          Magnaflow dual-tip muffler

Decently quiet with a nice sound, but still flows well. Who makes 2.5 cats that actually work? I've heard Magnaflow's has some kind of problem with its operating temperature.

* Tein S-Techs ordered!
                          personally, I'd go with 3". H's love to breathe, and you wont kill the bottom end of your powerband with a 3" either. just my $.02.

How's this work for a meet/cruise? Easy for the peeps from Denver to meet up right off the highway, then easy to get back up to Denver afterwards. Twisties, scenery, food, mountains..... what more could you want? Made the trip on the bike a few weeks back, and it was absolutely AMAZING!!

Colorado Springs, Colorado
                          (719) 385-5940

1. Head south on I-25 BUS S/N Nevada Ave toward E Bijou St
                          0.7 mi
                          2. Turn right onto E Cimarron St
                          0.8 mi
                          3. Continue straight onto US-24 W/W Cimarron St
                          Continue to follow US-24 W
                          17.9 mi

19.4 mi – about 26 mins
                          W Midland Ave

4. Head west on US-24 W/W Midland Ave toward N West St
                          Continue to follow US-24 W
                          15.2 mi

15.2 mi – about 17 mins
                          US-24 W

5. Head west on US-24 W toward Co Rd 1/Teller County Rd 1
                          105 ft
                          6. Take the 1st left onto Co Rd 1/Teller County Rd 1
                          Continue to follow Teller County Rd 1
                          9.1 mi
                          7. Turn right onto County Rd 11
                          4.1 mi
                          8. Turn right onto Co Rd 112/Teller Count Rd
                          2.3 mi
                          9. Continue onto Co Rd 102/Main St
                          Continue to follow Co Rd 102
                          12.6 mi
                          10. Turn right to stay on Co Rd 102
                          0.3 mi

28.4 mi – about 51 mins
                          Co Rd 102

11. Head south on Co Rd 102 toward Main St
                          1.2 mi
                          12. Continue onto CO-9 S
                          21.0 mi
                          13. Turn left onto US-50 E
                          Destination will be on the left
                          9.7 mi

32.0 mi – about 37 mins
                          Royal Gorge Blvd

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=ac...sz=17&t=m&z=10
                          Last edited by h22cb719; 10-03-2011, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Looks like fun, if I can get the decided day off I'll be there. Did it take you the full two hours?

3" sounds incredibly loud. And on a stock to mild engine? My power goals don't exceed the mid-200s. I could see 3" with a turbo...

And:

Last edited by CyborgGT; 10-03-2011, 02:55 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Looks like fun, if I can get the decided day off I'll be there. Did it take you the full two hours?
                              Cool cool! c'mon down! Took us a little longer, but we also stopped in florissant at the Thunderbird inn for a while, in Guffey at the Big Bear bar/grill for a while, and in Canon City at a diner for a while too. It's a nice ride/drive though, for sure.

3" sounds incredibly loud. And on a stock to mild engine? My power goals don't exceed the mid-200s. I could see 3" with a turbo...
                              Its not really, you can find 3" resonators just as easily as you can find them in other sizes. and trust me on this, you wont be seeing your power goal without it. To be honest, mid-200's on a factory internal non Euro-R H is unheard of, even at sea level. Uncorrected you'll be lucky to see 200 at the wheels, even if you find yourself going as far as replacing cams and tuning the bajeebus out of it. It's your call man, but like I said, H's love to breathe!

Comment

Nice man looks good personally I wouldn't advertise vtec onmy car though lol but im down with that jake close to us and cyborg brakes are overrated anyways just downshift lol

Comment

Working...
                                X