Totaled CB7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Totaled CB7

My clutch gave out on theway home. I turned the hazards on and called for a tow. Istepped out the car at 2 AM and waiting at the closes intersection for my tow. As I waited i took my eyes offmy car for a fewseconds and heard tires screech and then an impact! I looked back into the direction of the calamity and the sentra that clipped my rear drivers side quarter panel had its front end namely the passanger headlights and fender sheered off. In doing so he ricochet into an innocent driver of a 1994 or so model Impala. The driver of the impala had its rear passanger quarter panel smashed in so bad that it was rubbing into the tire.

Any way like 1 minute after the wreck my tow arrives and we now wait for police. Poluce arrive and make a report. My car was hit so hard that the rear driverside subframe along with its knuckle and wheel where completely deformed.
    The car is sitting at the impound yard. I have to call my insurance. To give them the police report and make the claim . I have full coverage and the other guy had insurance Im wondering what I should expect to recieve $$$$ wise from it being totaled. Is there any way to fight for more $$$$?

And after this wreck and how bad the damage was to the accord sentra and impala I dont really feel comfortable in a tin can death trap again. I may end up getting a mini van or somethings.

That sucks, man. Glad you weren't in it!

Chances are slim that you're going to get much for the car. These cars aren't worth much, and an insurance company will write it off for sure. The best thing you can do is buy it back from the insurance company, strip off any parts that are still valuable, and sell the shell for scrap (many yards will give $200 or so, I hear.) Then you can either buy another CB and reuse the parts, or sell the parts and take what you get to buy a different car.

Much of the damage to the cars is likely due to crumple zones. The cars don't make it, but they protect the cabin quite well. They're even more advanced in newer cars. I saw a number of cars at the junkyard the last time I was there that were practically unrecognizable... but the cabin was essentially undamaged.

Comment

Perfect example of why you NEVER sit in your car when on the side of the road.

I avoid pulling over on freeways and streets like the fucking black plague. People don't know whether they are coming or going these days.

Not putting my life in their hands.

Comment

When my throwout bearing seized on me years ago, I managed to get the car home with minimal use of the clutch pedal. I taught myself how to shift without the clutch on a whim a few months before, and it came in handy! I got my car from Wayne NJ all the way to Deptford NJ by way of routes 287, 206, and 295 (if anyone wants to map it to see exactly how long a trip that was!) That ride in a perfectly functioning car is 90-120 minutes. It took me a good deal longer...

Comment

need more info, like what year, how many miles, general condition before the accident, etc.

Comment

Insurance company gave me $2760 for a very good condition stock 93 EX coupe auto 181,000 miles in May 2012. I had it towed directly home, so I reminded him that I was saving him storage charges. I kept it so they did knock off $300 for scrap value, but added $180 for sales tax to replace it (I had recently purchased another CB7). I stripped it completely, sold over $1000 in parts, used other parts that saved me several hundred $, and sold the shell for $86.

Put together a portfolio of pictures to show the condition of your vehicle and a list of modifications and relatively recent major maintenance items and their cost. You might try to find recent sales of similar cars (this might help or hurt).

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189911
            Last edited by Fleetw00d; 03-02-2015, 01:21 PM.
            90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
            08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              I got my car from Wayne NJ all the way to Deptford NJ by way of routes 287, 206, and 295 (if anyone wants to map it to see exactly how long a trip that was!) That ride in a perfectly functioning car is 90-120 minutes. It took me a good deal longer...
              Holy crap that is a hike.

I live 10 mins from 295 and work 10 mins from 206.

287 is light years from your house haha.

Comment

You live 10 minutes from 95. 295 goes from the Delaware Memorial Bridge up into Hamilton (which, oddly, it turns into 95... but a totally different 95... )

I love 287. It's the road I take home most often. Better than paying $12 in tolls on the stupid Turnpike!

Comment

Ah yes, haha.

I mean't 195. LULZ

By SFGA.

Don't even know where 295 is haha.

Comment

The deleware memorial bridge is nice and smooth but watch out for them boy's. That's why its best to travel at night. Damn getting hit on the side of the highway is like having magnets on the road. I always try to keep a circle of safety on the highways to get away and stay away from certain folks on the road as far as I most possibly can.

Comment

Working...
                    X