Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Idle problems Still...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idle problems Still...

Ok so heres what i did, i took it to my schools autoshop and i got to work on it for a few hours. First, i bled the cooling system and it still idled from 800-1500. next i removed my IACV and my shop teacher told me to clean it with brake cleaner and let it sit for a while. we also unscrewed the plate on the back of the IACV and found that the gasket was TOASTED. so we used some RTV and let it sit for the day. it sealed up fine. we put every together and back on. i drove it home and its still idleing the same. Can anyone please help!

does the check engine light come on?
    AT WEST COAST MEET

cb7rush: who has the tongs?
    JDMxDB8: i got a thong on...

to get to see more of my cb click the link below.
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=130922

Comment

Originally posted by iwork4mycb7 View Post
      does the check engine light come on?
      thats a negative, BTW this is a H22a1

Comment

does it have a custom cam bro ? if so that is a good idle problem.

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

I dont belive it does. i bought the car with a swap already in it. but when i first bought it a few months ago, it idle'd normal. And also i have a exhaust gasket leak that i need to fix but i dont think this has anything to do with the idle.

Comment

exhaust leaks are no good need to get that fixed man. it all depends how long it has been leaking. a leak can warp you valves. does it cut out when under acceleration ? it could be the idle screw need adjusting.

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

Originally posted by stretch JDM View Post
              exhaust leaks are no good need to get that fixed man. it all depends how long it has been leaking. a leak can warp you valves. does it cut out when under acceleration ? it could be the idle screw need adjusting.
              no it picks up fine , vtec kicks in and all. its a bit loud. but its ONLY when ive ran the car for about 8-12 minutes is when it starts to idle oddly. if i just let it sit for 30 min its fine if i move the throttle at all it will start to do it agian.

Comment

Originally posted by Drifting in 808 View Post
                thats a negative, BTW this is a H22a1
                probably a air hose missing?
                AT WEST COAST MEET

cb7rush: who has the tongs?
                JDMxDB8: i got a thong on...

to get to see more of my cb click the link below.
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=130922

Comment

Originally posted by iwork4mycb7 View Post
                  probably a air hose missing?
                  Only known hose that is missing is a hose on my CAI that was taped up. but there is a hose that goes from my CAI to my valvecover.

Comment

Originally posted by Drifting in 808 View Post
                    Only known hose that is missing is a hose on my CAI that was taped up. but there is a hose that goes from my CAI to my valvecover.
                    I think that's for your PCV valve. It couldn't hurt to change that. It's like $1
                    MRT
                    37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
                    30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
                    27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
                    Originally posted by Tippey764
                    I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
                    Originally posted by deevergote
                    sneaky motherfucker

Comment

vacuum leaks? could also be a iacv or fitv not sealing. you may need to change them out since you can only clean them so many times.

ive seen bouncing idle from a high idle. set your base idle.
                      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Check the FITV first before buying any new parts. this is one of the most common things that go wrong and is easily fixable so long as the part still functions.

1) warm up your car to operating temperatures, and until you are sure the Fast Idle Thermo Valve (FITV) on the Throttle Body is thoroughly warm.

2) remove the TB or FITV, however you want to get to the FITV, and unscrew the screws that hold on the gold cap on the FITV

3) use two flathead screwdrivers and turn the wax ring in the FITV down (righty tighty) and immediately stop when the wax ring ceases to go further. If you want to be safe, back it out slightly after its been tightened just in case.

4) close up the FITV and reinstall.

Tightening the wax ring helps to create an airtight seal, which the FITV is supposed to have when your engine is fully warm. the FITV allows air in during the beginning warm-up and then the wax ring expands due to heat and seals it shut (or so i've been told). This is the reason why you tighten it when its hot and not when it's cold, because the part may fail if its overtight.

Some Symptoms:

The FITV leaking generally causes a hunting idle and high idle, 1100+ usually. Sometimes your idle does settle after a while, but pressing the throttle pedal down will bring back the hunting idle. The hunting idle typically occurs when your car is in park or neutral. in reverse or in gear, the idles are just high.

good luck!
                        blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

Hmm thanks, i will try this tomorrow. because what your saying sounds exactly like whats happening. if i warm my car up and dont press on the gas the idle is fine. once i touch the throttle, it starts to do it agian and keeps on doing it till i shut it off. And just in case if i do have to replace my IACV wheres the cheapest place i can get one. i know napa sells it for 313$ and i dont got that kind of money. lol

Comment

If you are in need of a new IACV, you can hit one up at the junkyard, they're about 30+? most definitely under $50, and closer to around $40.
                            blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

it really sounds like your fast idle control valve, theres 2 screw on top of ,moved the plate to the right and turn the idle down with a flat head to the right u wont get that high or up and down effect, trust me been there done that, and u dont have to spend any money

Comment

Working...
                              X