No announcement yet.

So Canada, what's new with your car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^been thinking that for a while…i don't think the forum will ever be the same
    IG:worldboss_sanjcb7

Comment

Probably not, and it's an unfortunate reality as these cars get older, fewer remain road-worthy and fewer people continue to work on them. It's too bad because I can't stand that Facebook group.

Anyway back to the topic at hand, what's new with your car. I'm going to a car cruise in Milton tomorrow, so I'm trying to get everything I need done tonight. I smoothed out some dents around the trunk, and removed my e-brake cover that was severely damaged last time I took it in for service. Should have a new cover with grey arm rest later today if all goes well.

Comment

About a week and a half ago (Aug 16) a buddy of mine who runs the website DoubleClutch.ca hosted their second car cruise of the year in Milton. Here are a few shots of my CB7 and a friend's Civic Wagon, along with a group shot of the cars that showed up.

Comment

I will not let this thread die!

Picked up an EX-R wing today, and while it's not quite the right colour it still looks good. I'll see if I can fix the LEDs on my own, but I'll definitely be re-painting it, most likely tomorrow.

Comment

Hey Scolirk,

Where did you pick up the wing from?

Originally posted by Scolirk View Post
            I will not let this thread die!

Picked up an EX-R wing today, and while it's not quite the right colour it still looks good. I'll see if I can fix the LEDs on my own, but I'll definitely be re-painting it, most likely tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by yazz View Post
              Hey Scolirk,

Where did you pick up the wing from?
              There's an auto wrecker here in Grimsby that had a few CBs. I found some other goodies, and was going to buy them to broker them off but didn't want to pay this place's exorbitant fees. I paid $50 for this, came with everything I needed and most of the LEDs work. Here's what I found and hid in a 91 coupe near the back. PM me if you want more info!

Comment

oh man i always heard yards out of the gta have better selection but never really gave it a second thought, i'm slowly exiting the cb7 game (hence all the for sale posts in the fb group). Alternator seems to have let out on my h22a. I took the alternator out of my old f22 cb and tested it at part source, seems good. Taking it off the parts car was a hassle, not really looking forward to removing it form the other one and replacing…anyone done it?

Comment

Originally posted by sanJ_01 View Post
                  oh man i always heard yards out of the gta have better selection but never really gave it a second thought, i'm slowly exiting the cb7 game (hence all the for sale posts in the fb group). Alternator seems to have let out on my h22a. I took the alternator out of my old f22 cb and tested it at part source, seems good. Taking it off the parts car was a hassle, not really looking forward to removing it form the other one and replacing…anyone done it?
                  I'd say the GTA probably still has a better selection. 2 years ago the wreckers in Hamilton (the 2 largest) had over a dozen each. An SE, EX-R wagon, lots of coupes... But they were all stripped down. Fast forward to today, there's very little selection out here.

The photos of the parts above are from a special wrecker up the street from me. They aren't high volume, so most of the CBs have been there for years and almost completely untouched.

I'm going to pay a visit to the Hamilton wreckers tomorrow just to poke around, but I'll probably be disappointed like usual.

Comment

the last couple times i've been to a yard i'm lucky if i find one molested cb, thats the case with standard auto wreckers,megacity or the one by sq1. Went to the Bronte one once and not a single one.

Comment

Replaced my alternator and belt with a friend and car can hold charge and run again! Missed driving this car most of the summer. Had to drive it back from the mechanic in Scarborough to Mississauga once and it was around sunset and it was raining. It was a mission trying to drive with no lights,wipers, music and it eventually trying to engine brake instead using all that power on brakes! Oh ya the cluster stopped working that time because the battery was getting so depleted! Runs great now

Comment

Working...
                      X