Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

which Oxygen Sensor

Hey guys,

so I decided to finally change my O2 sensor, cause my MPG became shittier than ever, with O2 connected and disconnected and no CEL, but I could tell from MPG and bogging on acceleration, loss of power when climbing a steep mountain road,bogging in second gear etc...when I disconnect the O2 sensor, again same shitty mpg but car performs great, even vibration disappears.

My original O2 sensor has the code: ND 065500-8460 9N NS6 with 2 black wires, 1 green and 1 white and it looks like an artifact from world war 2

so I went to the junk yard ( couldn't find new NTK nor Nippon Denso in our market and I don't live in the US ) and showed them my original one, they gave me one with the same wire colors, it looked new and has the code:

ND 065500-9790 09R27 NS6

installed it filled my car 3/4 tank and hit the highway, back and forth, it is now on the Half tank mark and I only got 120 K on my trip meter,cruising @ 55mph (90Km/h), bogging occurs more often now upon acceleration.

So I concluded that both the old and the new are not for my 1990 EX-R F22a6

Which is the right part number for my cb7, should I look for the ( black black blue white ) O2 sensor??????????????

Please help ASAP because I want to return the O2 sensor, I paid 40$ for it.

Note: on a full tank I barely touch 360 km
    Last edited by EsperHamid; 05-06-2014, 02:14 AM.

help

Comment

You need the sensor with a male plug. I was in the same thing you were.

Here is a picture of the right plug. For USDM EX or CDM EXR.

The Honda part number is 36531-PK3-A05

This is the wrong plug, this is for LX and DX. CDM LX EX.
      Last edited by XCRN; 05-06-2014, 09:52 PM.
      Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

Both of them are male connectors the problem is that both bogging, the original and the junk yard one and no CEL. Besides the ones you are showing are ntk not Nippon Denso, I don't know if they have ntk at the junk yard but thanks for the part number

Comment

I think the reason why the second is not working is that it is a junkyard sensor.

Are the boarder fees that bad? I know shipping is slightly more from the US.

But I ordered a Denso for mine and the manufacture number at least for US markets is 234-4095.
          Last edited by XCRN; 05-07-2014, 02:36 AM.

Comment

well yeah, it is mainly the customs will charge me twice its price, they are a thieves. The one from the junkyard looks neat, the element is still white .. but from the codes I input in my OP post, I don't think it is the one for our CB7 even though the connector is the same.

I am gonna try and find 234-4095 at the junk yard, cause I am pretty sure, I have no other problems, since if I disconnect the O2 sensor, my CB7 work nicely performance wise and vibration disappears, power regained .... but shitty mileage.

what's important for me now is gas mileage.

Comment

Would you buy your spark plugs from a junk yard?

Stop buying important sensitive sensors/parts from a Junk yard. Go buy the OEM Denso O2 sensor from a store and enjoy a worry free car. Look at your sensor connector and determine if its male or female if needed. Who's to say that junk yard O2 isn't going to fail 1 month down the road.

There are some things you should not buy 2nd hand. This is one of them.

Comment

Raf99, have u read my OP first?..I can't find new Denso nor NTK, our Honda dealer don't have them for my CB7.

I learned today that the 0655 ones are installed on F22B coz all the engines at the junk yard are F22B no F22A...what do u guys think?

I returned it anyway and took an NTK which I forgot to take note of its code which I will do when I jack up the car, bogging persists and vibration when in gear however there's no loss of power when climbing and "just a feeling " mpg has improved gonna drive until the orange mark.

Should I return it or keep it? ..will have to check the code first, either I remember it ends with H23 or H4
                Last edited by EsperHamid; 05-08-2014, 03:51 AM.

Comment

Forgot to add that 4-2-1 in our exhaust well one of my 2 down pipes before the o2 sensor is deformed from its cylindrical shape but NOT Punctured..would that be affecting those o2 sensors I am putting ?

Also my exhaust is an f22a4 on an f22a6 head would that have any effect on bogging?
                  Last edited by EsperHamid; 05-08-2014, 02:41 AM.

Comment

I am starting to think it is more than just a bad oxygen sensor. I do not know what it could be, possibly bad wire harness giving wrong resistance readings or the ECU is bad when it comes to reading the sensor.

Comment

These symptoms disappear when I unplug the sensor except for bad mpg, can't hear anything but the sound of the wheels rolling and the cooling fan believe it or not

Comment

Just tell me something guy, is the 0655 sensor found on f22b is supposed to word for f22a engine?

Comment

Originally posted by EsperHamid View Post
                          Raf99, have u read my OP first?..I can't find new Denso nor NTK, our Honda dealer don't have them for my CB7.

I learned today that the 0655 ones are installed on F22B coz all the engines at the junk yard are F22B no F22A...what do u guys think?

I returned it anyway and took an NTK which I forgot to take note of its code which I will do when I jack up the car, bogging persists and vibration when in gear however there's no loss of power when climbing and "just a feeling " mpg has improved gonna drive until the orange mark.

Should I return it or keep it? ..will have to check the code first, either I remember it ends with H23 or H4
                          Sorry about that. It still sounds like a O2 sensor and I would think about ordering a new one online from rockauto or some other online store.

Do you notice a change in performance as the car heats up?

Comment

my feeling is wrong about MPG, still sucks. I maybe end up buying one online but the question is which one for my engine ?! ... F22a4 intake and exhaust, F22a6 head.

Yes, I do, if I put it in Gear or R, with my foot on brake pedal, my CB7 vibrates like crazy, if I put it in Neutral it doesn't vibrate.

If I disconnect the O2 sensor vibration disappears in all gears, performance is regained, even from a cold start it idles in a continuous fashion from 1400 rpm to 700 rpm compared to when the O2 sensor is plugged on a cold start the rpm plays up and down until it idles @ 700 rpm.

Comment

Originally posted by EsperHamid View Post
                              my feeling is wrong about MPG, still sucks. I maybe end up buying one online but the question is which one for my engine ?! ... F22a4 intake and exhaust, F22a6 head.

Yes, I do, if I put it in Gear or R, with my foot on brake pedal, my CB7 vibrates like crazy, if I put it in Neutral it doesn't vibrate.

If I disconnect the O2 sensor vibration disappears in all gears, performance is regained, even from a cold start it idles in a continuous fashion from 1400 rpm to 700 rpm compared to when the O2 sensor is plugged on a cold start the rpm plays up and down until it idles @ 700 rpm.
                              The female is for the F22A1 with the O2 sensor in the manifold. DX, LX
                              The male is for the F22A4 & F22A6 with the O2 sensor in the down pipe. EX, SE

The intake/exhaust/head doesn't matter as long as you get the O2 that matches the one you have now, which you did. The different F4/F6 just put the location in a different spot (exhaust header and under the car).

- The vibration in due to your engine mounts in relation to your idle speed. But the idle changes when you unplug your O2.
                              - The idle fluctuations is due to the in-proper reading of the O2.

So we are back to square one. With the O2 disconnected your issues go away. The one step you have not tried is a NEW O2 sensor. I wouldn't worry about the gas mileage right now, but try to fix the bogging out issue or the issues you have with the O2 plugged in. It's a little weird why you are not getting a check engine light too.

But you need to try a new sensor. This is the next logical step.

Comment

Working...
                              X