Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please remove any "vouches" from your signatures. "Bought from", "sold to", etc...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please remove any "vouches" from your signatures. "Bought from", "sold to", etc...

I've been meaning to say this for a while now. Vouches in signatures are no help to anyone. Almost every known scammer on this forum has had a number of people vouching for them. It creates a false sense of security.

As for negative comments... that's considered flaming. Put it in your sig, and you're flaming in every single post you make.

For the same reason I don't care to make a feedback section in the Classifieds, and for the same reason I don't want people to make threads announcing a bad experience, I don't want to see signatures doing that either.

So... no more. Remove em.
    I'll give it one week. After one week, the moderators will be instructed to remove them as they are found.
    Any that I find beyond that week may end up losing their signature privileges completely... so I strongly urge you to comply!

I'm not saying this to be a dick. I'm saying this to protect people from blindly trusting a stranger with their money, and to prevent anyone being "called out" publicly.

removed

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
    It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

Done
      MRT http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=202004
      1992 Accord EX(Canadian)Seattle Silver sedan

Comment

Is my sig in violation?

Comment

Do you mean for companies/businesses or actual users you bought from? (ie - my sig)

Can we put it in our MRT?

Comment

"thanks to" is quite obviously "I did business with these people", so yes... none of that.

Mentioning legit companies is fine. For example, if you purchased something from Hasport and want to say it, fine. If you purchased something from Skunk2 and want to say it sucks, also fine. Since those companies exist outside of CB7tuner in terms of their business, advertising/bashing them here isn't going to cause anyone any major problems.

If you want to list who you got your parts from in your MRT (something I think I did once, in fact), that's fine. Just don't phrase it in a way that you're encouraging/discouraging others to deal with them.

Comment

I'll remove it but I did not specifically do business with the guys just for the record.

Comment

Understood... but it is most often going to be taken that way. Also, it will most certainly be used by others as a method of "vouching". Best to remove all doubt and temptation.

Comment

Edited my signature.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    "thanks to" is quite obviously "I did business with these people", so yes... none of that.

Mentioning legit companies is fine. For example, if you purchased something from Hasport and want to say it, fine. If you purchased something from Skunk2 and want to say it sucks, also fine. Since those companies exist outside of CB7tuner in terms of their business, advertising/bashing them here isn't going to cause anyone any major problems.

If you want to list who you got your parts from in your MRT (something I think I did once, in fact), that's fine. Just don't phrase it in a way that you're encouraging/discouraging others to deal with them.
                    cool, thanx

Comment

bumping this, noticed some people still need to edit their sig

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
                      It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

Good call. I got slammed at work, and completely forgot about it!
                        I'm going to get the mods on it this weekend. It's going to be up to them to ask such things to be removed, or to simply remove them.

Comment

Never received any instructions. You must be busy plastidip shopping, and muscling old ladies.
                          Originally posted by Mishakol129
                          Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Working...
                          X