Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

possible cheap turbo piston!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

also, the f23 has a floating wrist pin, while th h22 has a pressed wrist pin.....still no info on the f22 wrist pin. If it's the same as the f23 then the 2g DSM pistons have the same wrist pin size.
    H.S.A.E.

90 CRX Si - gutted, caged, Bisi F2d kit, close ratio LSD trans, F22A6 - under construction

99 civic LX - y8 head and trans, lowered, blowing cold AC, and getting 35mpg.

Comment

holy crap... I've been debating on wether or not to try to find some oem pistons to do this with... it was just a crazy idea I had a while ago, I didn't even think it was feasable... Good thinking hatchninja! Why are honda people so ghetto...?
      Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by 92ex
        holy crap... I've been debating on wether or not to try to find some oem pistons to do this with... it was just a crazy idea I had a while ago, I didn't even think it was feasable... Good thinking hatchninja! Why are honda people so ghetto...?
        its the HMT way. its fun to be cheap sometimes

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Most Honda people aren't ghetto, it may look it, but to me it's innovation. It's not always about looks, it HAS to perform! Hatchninja obviously spent some time thinking and this amazing idea came out. Pure genious. Can't believe how innovative you guys are! There's nothing wrong w/ HMT style, we're not all made of money! ^ That's right Eric!

Comment

been researching like such a nerd!!

ok....apparently there is a 2.4L n/a version (stroked, same 85mm bore) of the 4g63, the DSM guys build a wicked 2.4 turbo motor using the 4g63 pistons but they get a machine shop to move the wrist pin location.

So, if the wrist pin location is too low, resulting in too high of compression, it can be moved up to drop compression.

But if it's too high, ultra low (unusable) compression, i don't know if it can be moved.

I revealed my spying on DSMtuner.com and asked them how much the stroker guys move the wrist pin.

ANSWERS SOON!!!!
            H.S.A.E.

90 CRX Si - gutted, caged, Bisi F2d kit, close ratio LSD trans, F22A6 - under construction

Comment

middle of the wrist pin to top of the piston measures 35mm. The wrist pin itself has an ID of 15.2mm and the pistons wrist pin hole is about 21.2mm. And i must be on some natural high cause they are dished and there are 4 reliefs lol. I'll post pix later. Anything else?
              Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

just found this on DSMtuner
                this prolly sounds like a stupid question but does anyone know how to remove the connecting rod from the piston from a 2g car? im feeling pretty stupid, i also might just be missing something
                -steve

The wrist pin needs to be pressed out to get them apart.
                -keith
                so here's what we got so far

4g63 (2nd gen) piston
                85mm bore
                22mm pressed wrist pin

f22 piston
                85mm bore
                22mm (i think, f23, h23, and h22 are) pressed wrist pin

funny that i now know more about the 4g63 piston.
                H.S.A.E.

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
                  middle of the wrist pin to top of the piston measures 35mm. The wrist pin itself has an ID of 15.2mm and the pistons wrist pin hole is about 21.2mm. And i must be on some natural high cause they are dished and there are 4 reliefs lol. I'll post pix later. Anything else?

yeah, do you have any f22 pistons (and/or rods) to measure in comparison.
                  H.S.A.E.

Comment

that'll take a week or so, can't get those right away

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

first names that come to mind are high c and aero3685. Might wanna ask them cause i know for sure they both have spare blocks

Comment

pm'd those guys....pretty ironic that we were able to measure the dsm pistons before the f22 pistons.
                        H.S.A.E.

Comment

Originally posted by 92ex
                          my brain thinks so ghettofabulously. It's crazy. I'm always like "there has to be another cheaper way to do this"

My life goal is to disprove the statement "Cheap. Fast. Reliable. choose two."
                          Last edited by hatchninja; 04-23-2005, 03:45 PM.
                          H.S.A.E.

Comment

http://www.ariaspistons.com/products...om.pistons.pdf

Bottom of page 4 gives some info on the F22A pistons...middle of page 5 are the 4G63 pistons.

May not be what you need, but I figured it'd help.

Comment

hmmm
                              i may have to try this swap... i already have a set of 4g63 pistons in my garage.

Comment

cool idea guys...keep the research going! if we can figure out a way to get stronger rods ::cou-CYRO-ough:: we can have a built block pretty damn cheap!

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Working...
                                X