Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

possible cheap turbo piston!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it's all good but for real, i'm looking for a spare block to do this with i already have a spare head so i only NEED a bottom end but might be interested in buying a complete motor (f22xx of course).
    Former Ride:
    93 Accord Coupe
    Jdm H22 w/ LSD
    Type S pistons and cams

New Ride:
    Bone stock 99 2.3CL
    Black on Black Leather
    5spd

"Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn."
    C. S. Lewis

Comment

It's possible....if u got the $$$

Originally posted by Accord R33
      why dont we just drop a whole 4g63 into the cord lol
      Funny you should say that! My friend showed me a link like 3days ago on Honda-tech.... some guy actually has a legit DSM 4G63 FWD engine swapped civic hatch! It's not even ghetto rigged...it's real legit and clean looking!
      The engine sits in there like if it were some B16 block with a 4G63 valve cover! lol. Like they say...u got the $$$ you have the power to do almost anything....

I think the 4G63 would be a powerful enough motor to move a CB7 around considering the size of a Eclipse vs. 90-93 Accord...I don't think the weight issue would be a problem. I heard the GSX and TSI's AWD's are really heavy! Seriously if someone were to do the swap, it wouldn't be like putting a torqueless B16 in the car.....although in Japan the weakest 4WS CB4 came with a torqueless F18! Yes thats right a 1.8 liter... so maybe a B18C-R will just get by? lol

Really if the car has enough room in it's engine bay, all it really takes is custom engine mounts, minimal/extensive wiring, possibly custom axles etc. Look at the old classic cars driving around for example. About 80% of those cars aren't using it's original motor...mainly because parts are out of production or too expensive to replace so they "update" it's technology by using crate motors or a very equal alternative to move it around.

Some other weird and uncommon swaps I seen and heard of were:

CRX - NSX engine
      CRX - K20-R engine (not really weird..but damn and they say H22's are too much power for this light car???
      Civic - JDM FWD Sr20det From a Nissan Pulsar
      Mini Cooper - H22A-S & B18C-R
      Datsun 240Z - RB26DETT - Sweet as they come!
      Datsun 240Z - Blown Corvette engine... (sweet but thing had no traction whatsoever! Too much power for that car...when the guy gasses on it he loses control and almost went into the incoming traffic lane!)

According to him he's 1/3 people in the world to have this done. He's asking $8000 for the car too....hmm. If you want pictures...do your own search on honda-tech. I'm too lazy right now to go look for the link.

If i had the money, What i would like to do for a project would be a 87-89 Accord hatch with a RWD H22A Turbo setup. I think these cars look cool and they kinda remind me of the AE86 Truenos. I had the chance to pick one of these things up for $800 in very decent condition! But my family owns 5 cars already so we have no room to keep it in our already condensed court.

FORGET HASPORT! SOMEONE GET CUSTOM MOUNTS MADE ALREADY AND DO A K-SERIES 2.4L IN A CB!
      I need a custom turbo manifold built....
      707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
      "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
      '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

Heres the link to ^^^^ said above.. http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1222050
        Originally posted by rickyduckworth
        i'll do *** things for the OEM trunk lip spoiler

Comment

You may as well stick an H22 in there then turbo it

Comment

Yeah but it should be built first. Some of us just liking making good power w/ something a little different even w/ hybrid pistons! F22a's are a very solid motor though, but to an extent of course.

Comment

Originally posted by HondaX
              oh boy here we go....

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Originally posted by HondaX
                can someone delete this post? were looking for options for the f22 not the h22 . . . thanks
                -Mark-
                CB7
                CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
                Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

Let's keep it on the topic please.

Using the custom thickness Hussey Copper head gasket would allow whatever c/r you want. I'm predicting that even for high compression you'd have to go thicker than stock simply for clearance issues. These pistons sit 4mm higher than stock. But with their thickest head gasket i think it would be perfect for boost.

The only problem is rods. That's definitely the best option, but also very pricey, and would move the engine out of the ghetto-fabulous realm.
                  H.S.A.E.

90 CRX Si - gutted, caged, Bisi F2d kit, close ratio LSD trans, F22A6 - under construction

99 civic LX - y8 head and trans, lowered, blowing cold AC, and getting 35mpg.

Comment

http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1046336
                    this is a post on building the G23, if you don't know what that is then you're not an FSAE. IF it's new to you please don't rave about it on this thread. Thanks.

The reason for the link is that this guy is dealing with the same issue. the piston' compression height is taller than stock, causing it to stick out of teh block, interesting how the compensated for it. They removed some material inside the combustion chamber. That is probably what would be necessary with the stock head gasket (.026").

It MIGHT be a good idea with the thicker head gasket, would def lower compression tho.
                    Last edited by hatchninja; 04-26-2005, 04:49 PM.
                    H.S.A.E.

90 CRX Si - gutted, caged, Bisi F2d kit, close ratio LSD trans, F22A6 - under construction

Comment

NEW IDEA. Using H22 crank and rods would lower the overall piston height by 2mm, which is a bad idea using normal pistons, but these pistons are 4mm higher than stock due the their compression height (pin to piston distance)

So here's the advangtages (H22 crank and rods)

More piston/head (valve) clearance
                      Better rod stroke ratio (rev higher)
                      stronger crank
                      cheap aftermarket rods (Eagle, Pauter)

disadvantages

costs more than using stock
                      may be hard to find JUST a crank for sale

For lower boost under or around 250hp i think modified (cryo'd, w/ ARP rod bolts) oem h22 rods would be ok.

link to cryo place $80 for rods.
                      click me
                      H.S.A.E.

Comment

eh, theres got to be a better option than all 3 of those.
                        I'd even venture to say a forged rod company should yield to specifics of every setup. Most companies have to make the rod on order anyways...might as well tell them to put the wrist pin location higher.
                        Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

custom rods will definitely cost more than H22 Eagle rods, (i've seen them on Honda-tech for $200-$250)

Also,just like i said before
                          -H22 crank is stronger,
                          -the combo would have a better rod/stroke ratio.

Guesstimated price breakdown(of the my suggested setup)
                          -F22Ax long block------------------(100-300)
                          -H22A crank-----------------------(100-250)
                          -H22 Eagle rods--------------------(200-250)
                          -4g63T pistons---------------------(150)
                          -Uberdata ECU--------------------(depends, free for me)
                          That's 300+ hp capable built motor for less than 1,000 bux, plus the beauty of starting with a sleeved block.

NOTE - you will lose displacement, but also rev like an H22, only with iron sleeves and boost. If i had an H22, and wanted to go turbo i'd definitely do this
                          H.S.A.E.

Comment

i think wikked has a h22 block w/ a hole in it . . . so maybe he could sell/donate the crank from that motor to a project like this since hes most likley only gonna be using the head?
                            -Mark-
                            CB7
                            CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
                            Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

i saw an h22 crank go for 29 bux once on EBay
                              H.S.A.E.

Comment

Originally posted by hatchninja
                                i saw an h22 crank go for 29 bux once on EBay
                                damn thats a great deal! this thread is looking very promising.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Working...
                                X