Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

plans to retint, some opinions necessary.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

plans to retint, some opinions necessary.

as of now i have 35% on all windows (exc. windshield), i love the look of a tinted front windshield as well, but i'm just not sure if i should do the following:

-pay 75$ get front windshield tinted @ 35%, with tan interior and if the sunroof is open, noone will know its tinted. but at the same time, it'll darken up my other windows a little too. privacy is somewhat of a priority to me.

-put a little more than 75$ (about ~100$) and do all my windows over with 20%.

-after i do the 20%, about a week later, go with a 50% film on the windshield.

either way, i really like having the front tinted... most importantly to fight glare, either sun, headlight, or oncoming traffic, for the ghost look, and for the privacy.

any suggestions?
    '93 Bordeaux Red Pearl LX 5MT

Prev CBs:
    -'93 BRP LX 4AT
    -'92 AGP LX 5MT
    -'93 AGP EX 4AT
    10yrs after my first cb, I'm still driving one!

I like tint a lot too, but my question is how much trouble are you going to have with police with a darker tint. I know in Mass, 35% is legal and you can't tint your windshield. I mean I know you can probably get away with more if you're lucky, but is it really worth the hassle in the end. I don't have tint right now, as it was never anything that entered my mind at this point. However, if I were to ever tint, I would just go 35% so I wouldn't get hassled. That's just me, but if you live in an area where cops aren't going to hassle you, I'd just go and do the 20% and do the windshield at 50%. But if they will, just stick with the 35% or even do the 20 and don't do the windshield.

Comment

update: did the 35% front.

i like it, nice smoked classy look. without a keen eye, one wouldn't realize its tinted, yet if i pull into an area with no street lamps, that would get head central.

haha, jea man. tinted windshields r0x0rs.

pics coming asap.

Prev CBs:
      -'93 BRP LX 4AT
      -'92 AGP LX 5MT
      -'93 AGP EX 4AT

Comment

tinted windsheild eh? you can tint that in NY? sweet.

I just got pulled over the second time for my tint and got another 250$ ticket. I have 1.8% iit read at on my side's and nothing on my rear.

Comment

JDM Like Shot (Gas Station wise)

With Interior Light On & Sunroof Slider Open

Grill

Prev CBs:
          -'93 BRP LX 4AT
          -'92 AGP LX 5MT
          -'93 AGP EX 4AT

Comment

Originally posted by br0nx finest
            update: did the 35% front.

i like it, nice smoked classy look. without a keen eye, one wouldn't realize its tinted, yet if i pull into an area with no street lamps, that would get head central.
            Your local law enforcement will know. http://www.tintdude.com/laws.html Sooner or later you will get hassled
            TBILL
            92 Accord EX Coupe
            CB7, 5 spd, Seattle Silver

91 Accord LX - no mods
            CB9, Auto, Cobolt Blue Cooking with Clinton

Comment

what in the world did you just get urself into?
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

i wouldnt do the front windshield if i were you. do what i did and get some 5% and make just a longer strip at the top of the windshield. trust me you'll like it. and i know new york laws suck for tint so youre gonna get reamed.

Comment

..damn that looks good. always wanted to do that, but knowing the trouble you can get into, not worth it. i just hope you don't get pulled over by NYPD; some of them will make you remove the tint on the spot..
                  5.6L V8 32V DOHC
                  JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

ok all of these past posts about cops, well there's quite a few people with 35% up front around here. sometimes they get fucked with, sometimes not. i seen a tahoe with 20% up front last night, now thats crazy.

its not as dark as it looks guys, honestly. now that it's morning, lemme take another pic.

i love the way it looks, and my eyes don't get pwned by oncoming HIDs at night.

Prev CBs:
                    -'93 BRP LX 4AT
                    -'92 AGP LX 5MT
                    -'93 AGP EX 4AT

Comment

Prev CBs:
                      -'93 BRP LX 4AT
                      -'92 AGP LX 5MT
                      -'93 AGP EX 4AT

Comment

heres my bro's bmw. 5% all around and a big ass strip on the windshield. he also lives in NY:

Comment

5% tint is uberillegal. how does he get away with that?

according to TBILLs post, 30% net is legal limit. and you guys know what net means.

looks good tho. i would rock it like that as well.

Prev CBs:
                          -'93 BRP LX 4AT
                          -'92 AGP LX 5MT
                          -'93 AGP EX 4AT

Comment

Nice they cant really say much except blah blah its illegal . Even they theyd probably catch you in the rear and the sides not the front unless they try to shine the flashlight up on there

Comment

word, you're talking about my tint correct?

fuck them cops, 35% ain't illegal anyhow. they'll prolly think that since the side/back windows are tinted, it casts a shadow. i noticed this on some of my friends cars with 20% or 5% all around, when you look thru the front, you can see the window is clear, but not enough light is coming thru the sides to see the passengers.

i like my shit, nice & classy. i park it, and it just looks good with the black grill.

washed it today too, armor all'ed the tires, and vac'd the interior. that XL new car scent tree is in full effect as well.

fresh2death.

Prev CBs:
                              -'93 BRP LX 4AT
                              -'92 AGP LX 5MT
                              -'93 AGP EX 4AT

Comment

Working...
                              X