Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the three new cars (new designs) that interest you the most this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are the three new cars (new designs) that interest you the most this year?

Here are the three most interesting cars to me this year...

Nissan GT-R... I definitely love the old Skyline GT-R models, and while this one disappointed me at first because of it's deviation from the Skyline line, I'm impressed.
    I subscribe to Car and Driver, and every single issue has the editors raving about the GT-R. This coming from a magazine that reported nothing but skeptical comments about it before it was released. The performance, looks, sound... everything about that car is appealing. Hell, the PRICE is even appealing. Yeah, it's not cheap, but in 20 years, it'll be an affordable plaything for guys my age!

Cadillac CTS-V... This thing is just a monster. The CTS is a pretty badass looking Caddy as it is, but drop 550hp in it... yessuh, I'll take one

Hyundai Genesis (coupe AND sedan)... Hyundai's "make or break" offering. If the Genesis models succeed, Hyundai will have stepped up a level. I really want to see what these cars can do.

I felt the same way about the Skyline. However, previously they were discussing releasing the 350z with Skyline badging. That would have been a disaster.

At least now the car still carries some of the old Skyline styling signatures.

Comment

Yeah, that's true.

I think if they made the current Skyline into a GT-R, it'd have been a similar disaster. The Skyline/G35 is based on the 350z... A bad idea in itself, but worse if they made it a GT-R. The GT-R being on more of a "supercar" level is interesting... though I liked it better as a souped up version of a more boring car.

Comment

The Challenger SRT-8, Hyundai Genesis(sedan only), number 3 slot is not filled yet, I will update when I find a third interest.
        1993 Accord LX - Sold
        93 BMW 525it - SOLD
        92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
        2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
        2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
        2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
        2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
        2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Nissan GTR(big suprise right?lol)
          Corvette ZR1
          F250

The GTR is an engineering marvel. Just imagine if this car weighed 700lbs less. Close the fukking chapter. Nissan is whore though. A lil good at everything. Trucks/cars/sports/forklifts(lol) F/I gods but they have PROVEN that they can dish out highoutput NA motors as well. They are kind of owning the six cylinder of V configuration at the moment as well. End fanboyism

The C6 Z06 is a low tech marvel but very up to speed and absolutely bad ass. I like how GM always overdoes it with so little. The best $$$ per HP/performance EVER. This can not be disputed and if it can I am blockin out my ears. **Gets off Gm's testicles.**

Ford F250. Thats right. There is a price for all that over engineering. You then have to outdo yourself when everyone else catches up. Ford as far truck go /market.
          Last edited by Fake Thug; 08-29-2008, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Here are my three.

1) The Honda low emissions convertible. That thing is just fucking awesome looking. I think its a fresh new design for Honda and hopefully it comes to fruition and looks as good as it does pre fab.

2) The new BMW 1 Series. I dont know why but besides the M4(Early 90s or late 90s only) i dont really go crazy for any BMWs untill this one. I read a review in C&D and i wanted one. Its got some balls, its small, lots of BMW style but a little cheaper.

3) Dont have a third, ill update when i do lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Fake Thug View Post
              Nissan GTR(big suprise right?lol)
              Corvette ZR1
              F250

The GTR is an engineering marvel. Just imagine if this car weighed 700lbs less. Close the fukking chapter. Nissan is whore though. A lil good at everything. Trucks/cars/sports/forklifts(lol) F/I gods but they have PROVEN that they can dish out highoutput NA motors as well. They are kind of owning the six cylinder of V configuration at the moment as well. End fanboyism

The C6 Z06 is a low tech marvel but very up to speed and absolutely bad ass. I like how GM always overdoes it with so little. The best $$$ per HP/performance EVER. This can not be disputed and if it can I am blockin out my ears. **Gets off Gm's testicles.**

Ford F250. Thats right. There is a price for all that over engineering. You then have to outdo yourself when everyone else catches up. Ford as far truck go /market.

I'm curious to see a head to head competition between the ZR1 and the GT-R. The ZR1 is the true embodiment of balls-out American design, though... even if the Corvette seems to have taken a bit of an overseas cue in terms of styling. The price is a bit steep... over 100k... but it's still impressive output for the price, compared to some Italian and German offerings.

I really really really don't like most Fords, but I'd have to agree about the trucks. Chevy, Dodge, Nissan, and Toyota make decent trucks, but Fords always seem to stick around. What makes the F250 better than the F150?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                What makes the F250 better than the F150?
                Simple version? Super duty. Larger payloads, more towing capacity, and of course the powerstroke option.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                  Cadillac CTS-V... This thing is just a monster. The CTS is a pretty badass looking Caddy as it is, but drop 550hp in it... yessuh, I'll take one
                  hell yeah

people used to look at me funny for liking these..

these are BAD ass!

and yeah

that new bmw with the bendeable doors or w/e? that new design that like
                  the headlights blink at you

that's one that keeps my head

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

I doubt that BMW will ever come to be... not like that. The technology will be filtered down to a more practical use in time, I'm sure.

The 1 series... I was interested in it at first, but it's just too expensive. The 3 series is close to it in price, and much more "car" for the money. Of course, I guess comparing the 1 series to the 3 series is like comparing the 3 series to the 5 series... same engine, totally different car (at least in older models)

I may consider an older CTS-V to replace one of my current cars... won't be for a while, but honestly... that'd be my high powered RWD luxury car... and they do come in manual. Right now, an 04 can be had for about $20,000. Not too bad. 5 years from now, they'll be much cheaper.

Comment

Right now i am looking more towards the:

Corvette ZR-1

it's just making the best better!

The GT-R has got to be on everyone's mind

and the CTS-V... i said OMG when i saw that bad boy on TV when it went around the circuit in Germany... fucking beast of a Caddy..... i would like to see someone put 26's on that.... ill spend a night in jail.

but i would still prefer one of these...

Comment

Pontiac G8 GT. I like the looks, the size, the proportions and the power. Hopefully, this is the beginning of a new era for "domestic" automakers, who I want to be able to put faith in, but can't.

Acura NSX replacement - This is a real sports car. Not like the GT-R which is an engine and a computer in a refridgerator box masquerading as a sports car. SH-AWD, 500+ HP, screaming NA V10 and dual clutch gearbox, all in an aero package that is as small and light as possible. In prototype form, on its first run, with full camo, no aero aids and an undeveloped chassis, it is running within 10 seconds of the GT-R's record time IN TRAFFIC. This car is going to rock.

Corvette ZR-1. I loved the first one, and I like the 2nd. Very raw and powerful, sounds amazing, and has CF, which as an aviation afficionado always has a warm fuzzy spot in my heart. This is even more along the lines of a pure sports car than the NSX replacement, although it probably is quite a bit more hardcore too. Rough, raw, and loud. Just you, the road and the thrust.
                        Last edited by owequitit; 08-29-2008, 11:26 PM.
                        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

S5/A5 - super sexy
                          ZR1 - Whoa nelly
                          CTS-V - Just whipped an M5 in a Road and Track side-by-side track run.
                          "I'm a dude playing a dude, disguised as another dude"
                          "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Romans 10:9
                          ><((((º>

Comment

1. NISSAN GTR

2. 09 ACURA TL.. I dont care what others say, its beautiful

3. The new AUDI A5 coupe

Comment

Audi R8 - Sheer beauty and power to back things up.
                              Lamborghini Reventon - Simply high classed in technology and design, its amazingly awesome.
                              Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X - the looks you have to get used to but the way it responds so well to aftermarket mods are insane!

CB7 --> EG2 --> ZN6

Comment

Working...
                              X