Need Help choosing a New Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help choosing a New Car

For those of you who don't know I had a Sentra Spec V. a few weeks ago some asshole rearended me and totaled it. I need to find a new car in the next few weeks. I'm having real difficulty finding another car that I like b/c well I loved that spec and I can't seem to find anything out there that satisfies me as much. I can't buy another spec b/c I need something thats a lot better on gas b/c in a few weeks I'll have a 140mile round trip commute every day.

My criteria are:
    > 150 hp
    at least 30 mpg
    Newer than 2000

Preferably:
    FWD/AWD
    Standard
    Leather
    Moon roof

My budget is $10-13K

The car can't be:
    domestic
    a VW

So far I'm really considering the RSX-S with the OEM kit but I'm not sold on it b/c its a girly, generic car.

Accordwarrior brought to my attention the Mazdaspeed protege but I'm not a huge fan of mazda, i dont' know anyhting about them and I would really feel lame telling people I drive a protege.

I'm open to all suggestions... thanks guys
    "Auto racing, bull fighting and mountain climbing are the only real sports....all others are games."
    - Ernest Hemingway

SUBY... wrx: AWD turbo. and hell its fun to drive

Comment

integra type ARRRRR =O
      峠 で ドリフト を して 下さい。

steam linky facebook, y0 俺 は 走り屋 です。 clickable ^

Comment

get a legacey l wagon or an impreza wagon stay away from the european market cause they tend to be less cost effective to maintain but I think if you like the rsx go for it don't buy in to the fact that people are calling it a girls car cause its not its just a hot car that alot of girls daddys bought their little "princesses" but just look into a couple other cars and settle on what you are comfortable driving .
        F22b + MP1A = mad fun for me now. . .

MY RIDE
        My swap parts list and pricing

vouches:
        Bought from: Smeagren83(quite a few times now LOL), 97lude, AZaccord, M3torz2nR, g7kobayashi, sickoffthe206 and Kurobei, Jarhead, prNonVtec4u, caserX

Sold to: Snailin91, Smeagren83, cb7dazz, Drummersteve7, Slick

Comment

Suby - I agree but the reserach I've done says that none of them get great gas mileage. Most only get 25-28mpg on highway.

Type R - Probably not but I think I would take a GSR if i could find one in decent condition. Eric found one with a JDR front but I refuse to drive that in the city. lol

Legacy's seem to be a little out of my price range. or at least half way decent ones do. But I don't want to be thought of as one of those girls who daddy buys the RSX and the BF buts the OEM kit on for them. I won't let it stop me from getting the car but it is one of the reasons I haven't bought one already.
          Last edited by Rusty; 11-25-2008, 11:05 PM.
          "Auto racing, bull fighting and mountain climbing are the only real sports....all others are games."
          - Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
            I agree but the reserach I've done says that none of them get great gas mileage. Most only get 25-28mpg on highway.
            man if your looking on more than 30+mpg, get a versa or gas saving car like those...

Comment

Originally posted by cb7'kid View Post
              man if your looking on more than 30+mpg, get a versa or gas saving car like those...
              I forgot to add another criteria... it needs to be fun to drive. I don't know if i could deal merging on and off highways everyday in a car that only has 110bhp.

I know I sound really negative to all the suggestions but i'm not.... I really do appreciate the comments. A lot of these cars I have already looked into. and i guess i'm just hoping that someone comes up with the perfect car that I haven't thought of yet. Thanks
              - Ernest Hemingway

Comment

I'd like to say Honda fit, buut, no 150hp.

Comment

ahh i see... but IMO suby wrx would be the best option for you.. well thats me bro.. whatever floats your boat buddy.. good luck finding your next whip..

Comment

I would definitely go with the WRX, Sick car! It's fast and handles like whore.
                    NEW MYRIDE THREAD

PARTS 4 SALE

Comment

mazda 3(handling of a miata with the power of a mazda 6)
                      mazda 6(mazdaspeed verson has turbo)

yes they are mazdas but theyre pretty nice cars.

subarus are always fun.

Comment

Integra GS-R.
                        Raceline USA

Comment

Originally posted by GenDBlade View Post
                          mazda 3(handling of a miata with the power of a mazda 6)
                          mazda 6(mazdaspeed verson has turbo)

yes they are mazdas but theyre pretty nice cars.

subarus are always fun.
                          if the mazda's were speed3/6 id go for it but other than that.. eh..

Comment

Originally posted by JDMxDB8 View Post
                            Integra GS-R.
                            dats what im getting...

Comment

Why no RWD? IMHO they're probably the most fun to drive.

Comment

Working...
                              X