what do you do...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what do you do...

when your car reaches perfection? i look at some of the members up here like Lummie, Boos_Lee, Chessboxer, Ronald_TypeR, 607_CB7, and a couple others and im like "their car is already perfect. what is there left to do to it?"

so what do you do when your cb reaches perfection? do you start on another one? do you sell it and move on to a new car?

First. Bask in the glory of having achieved perfection !

Second. Start another one ,not exactly the same but similar

Third. Impart your wisdom on the masses below
    http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

You wax the bitch and go show off! And maybe you give the car a coat of wax as well.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbycos View Post
        First. Bask in the glory of having achieved perfection !

Second. Start another one ,not exactly the same but similar

Third. Impart your wisdom on the masses below

x2!
        RETIRED...

Comment

When you get it all perfect you 1)tear the thing apart and goa totaly different direction 2)sell it 3)get another one and make people jealous of your just plain awesome CB's I say projects never end, they are never perfect to the owner. Theres always something that needs to be changed, done, etc.

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
          "The Turtle"
          DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
            when your car reaches perfection? i look at some of the members up here like Lummie, Boos_Lee, Chessboxer, Ronald_TypeR, 607_CB7, and a couple others and im like "their car is already perfect. what is there left to do to it?"

so what do you do when your cb reaches perfection? do you start on another one? do you sell it and move on to a new car?

Buy a Supra.

It's the only other car ever created that will reach perfection.
            14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

While I appreciate the mention, my car is far from perfect.

I have many plans for it.

1)Lexan
              2)Built motor, massive amounts of boost
              3)Awesome Suspension
              4)Slicks
              5)Complete Gutting
              6)fix the small rust spot that has recently started to show before it spreads

A car is never really done in the eye of its owner. All those little things that ONLY the owner notice and even care about, well, every car has those things and every owner notices them.

A project car is never finished until it is sold.

And yes, I did try to sell mine recently, but I was unsuccessful in attempting to do so, so Im keeping it and trying to go forward with it, doing somethings that havent really been done to my knowledge.
              2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
              2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

Maintain it, keep it running as perfection.

@ visualpoet's answer!
                3 CB's gone....
                1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

i'll change my name to jo_nas. Because all the perfect car owners you listed have an underscore in their name.

cars are rarely as perfect as they seem in pictures. even stickydiljoes car had its flaws, and that was a magazine cover car.
                  as the owner, i dont think it is possible to ever feel your car is 100% perfect. it will nevre be done. if it ever reaches that level, i have a feeling i would get bored and move on to another project. the fun of fixing up cars isnt the final result. its what it takes to get it there.

Comment

How do you know those members are done?

Ive had my car for going on 4 years and im just now getting around to scratch the durface of what i want. Ive got $10k in mods and things i wanna do to make it "perfect".

If/when it ever gets there, ill do as visualpoet said, wax the bitch and drive it while lookin pretty. I dont know that id ever get tired of it. If/when i did, id buy another car and start on it. Im sure id get tired of working on that so id go back to the CB and remember its beauty.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                    Originally posted by Jarrett
                    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

if i ever achieve perfection, i'm getting another project. i want a bmw. just not sure which one.

Comment

The work is never done. Always something else you can do.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

Originally posted by wherm View Post
                          The work is never done. Always something else you can do.
                          yeah id say your car would be on that list of "done" cars as well. its at least as complete and impressive as some of the others listed!

the funny thing is that a lot of the people that are "done" have tried selling their cars. or they have sold them.

Comment

Yep. No matter how great you think the car looks, the owner knows where all the dents/scratches/rips/tears/stains/leaks
                            wat?

Comment

stains. thats why i took out the blacklight in my dome light.

Comment

Working...
                              X